The missus has just bought a new laptop and is getting rid of the old one. Nice little thing, practically silent in use and good battery life (unlike my desktop-replacement P4 3.0 laptop) - well she rekons its about 45 minutes - 1 hour now, but it was only a few months ago I used it a couple of times and it was giving around 2 hours off a charge, and the battery wasnt new then, so I guess it must be on its way (it was being on charge-off charge every 5 mins though and this decreases the lifecycle of a Li-ion battery), you can pick em up for next to nothing anyway.

Spec:

Pentium III-M 1.0Ghz (so silent running, low power consumption and better performance than a 1.5Ghz Pentium 4 Willy)
256MB PC133 RAM (in all honesty it could prob do with 512MB, another 256MB bar goes for about £8 on the Bay though)
20GB Hard Drive (could whack a 60GB in it for a bit extra as I have one sitting idle atm)
4x2x8x CDRW (haha thats a guess if im honest, but thats what speed id expect given the age of the laptop)
14.1" XGA TFT Screen (very bright to be honest, especially for the age of the laptop)
Windows XP SP3 (it is legal, although originally the laptop was licensed with Windows 2000 and the key still on the bottom for that)

BASICALLY THIS LAPTOP DOES EVERYTHING YOU WANT (AND A LITTLE BIT MORE) PROVIDING YOU DONT WANT TO GAME WITH INTENSE 3D GRAPHICS OR BURN DVD'S LMAO!

Good condition for its age (must be at least 6 years), very bright screen considering too (brighter then my laptop lol), one of the USB sockets is a dead weight, the other works pretty much okay, USB 1.0 anyway, so a USB 2.0 PCMCIA card off the Bay would be a good idea if using it for anything other than a mouse or printer. Thats the only real problem tbh.

Make an offer if you are interested, or you can bid on it on eBay

Need rid as its just wasting space atm, so she is open to offers, but one without a hard drive, CDRW, HDD caddy or PSU went for £68 on the Bay the other day (hence the eBay price she has set), so she has a figure decently higher than this in her mind (although she will be budged a bit).

Laptop is in Ellesmere Port if you are interested in it. Collection is obviously the better way to buy these things, besides it will cost £15 to send special delivery anyway!

Peace bananalama

Last edited by Mark; 4th Jul 2008 6:59pm.