Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,070 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#1004458 15th Mar 2016 6:22pm
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
C of E abuse report out now HERE

Both the Catholic and C of E churches have been exposed as two-faced, twisted, sick, vile b'stards - the exact opposite of what they preach.

Other big religions have similar problems especially towards abuse of people from other religions.

If you want to have religion, go to the smaller churches/religions and don't carry on giving money to these employment schemes for the most corrupt in our society.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Google Ads
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Not too many disagreeing with you dd although the word hierarchy after catholic and c of e would be more accurate. The covering up of it is just as sick.sadly its everywhere bbc schools scouts church secret organisations etc etc

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Just a wild guess, but I gather you're not fussed on mainstream religion then DD laugh

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by fish5133
Not too many disagreeing with you dd although the word hierarchy after catholic and c of e would be more accurate. The covering up of it is just as sick.sadly its everywhere bbc schools scouts church secret organisations etc etc

Not quite, most organisations encourage and promote honesty, the church demand it of others and preach it.

It brings me back to scenario with the police, I'm sure there are a lot of good people but they have to use their own honesty to oust the rot otherwise they are part of it. If 60% of the Church of England gave an ultimatum to the hierarchy the cleansing would happen - and the same for the police!

I'm not expecting everything to be squeaky clean, but sensible lines have to drawn and maintained. You hear of crimes that have real long impact on victims (and I'm not talking about solicitors lying sob stories) yet the transgressor gets away with sod all of a penalty.

That's me laying into the church, police, solicitors and courts - ffs don't get me started on estate agents!

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Not defending these cases one bit, although one main difference is, nobody has to go to church but they do have to attend school.

Teachers also preach the wrongs and rights in our communities.

Google 'ex teacher in abuse of children' , there's a list as long as your arm, all very recent, but parents are unable to shout and rant and keep their kids off school until it's sorted nationwide!

Unfortunately, those with vile tendencies DO hide behind the cloth, the blackboard, the dib dib dib, the social climbers and anything else they can conjure up to protect themselves.
Children are intimidated and scared into being quiet, which is quite possibly what originally happened to Joe.

The fact that he eventually found the courage to speak out, as we know, forty years ago this was probably thought to be a figment of his imagination, it is only this century that it's all being brought into the light, with a realisation that such dreadful things happened on a massive scale.

It is of interest, where he met all these Bishops and when, as they are scattered far and wide, so far as I can see. One resigned in 2000, one died in 1990. They did wrongly, agreed ,but I don't understand why he didn't go to the police.

Churches don't actually 'demand' anything of anyone.

Last edited by granny; 15th Mar 2016 9:10pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
The biggest difference is that the Church offers sanctuary you are supposed to feel safe there and be protected, the Catholic church offers confession I believe, who fancies telling your sins to a pedophile priest? how can he offer you forgiveness when he is tainted? give me five hail Mary's or maybe something else depending on your age! its not just child abuse look at the Magdaline Sisters, slave labour, taking money off those least able to afford it because they had such large families to feed courtesy of their religion, Jihad, Crusades all in the name of religion.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Just as an aside I thought I'd relate my personal experience of the loving Catholic Church. It concerns a particularly vicious bitch of a nun in St. Anne's infant school in Rock Ferry, I won't reveal her name for fear of litigation but she taught the 11+ class. Give her her due she warned us on our first day that she was going to hurt us but it was for our own good, and by God she was true to her word. Violence became an intrinsic part of our education. One occasion comes to mind, indeed it's hard to forget, on one of our tests we were required to score 100 correct answers but I only scored 99, her response to this was to drag me by my hair to the front of the class and make me sit down, she then proceeded to repeat the question and each time I gave a wrong answer she kicked me, eventually she lost any semblance of self control and once again dragged me by my hair and began smashing my face into the blackboard, I then wet myself from fear before losing consciousness. The woman was totally insane and I believe she died a hopeless alcoholic, may she burn in hell.

Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Jesus Lud, I thought our school was bad, what a sad story, in most schools violence against pupils was the norm, there were very few teachers that didn't use some form of punishment, I only remember two in our school, they didn't need to resort to punishing kids because they had respect.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Can completely believe it Lud. On teaching practice donkeys' years ago in a Catholic school ,in class time, I looked out of the window into the quad ,to keep an eye on two infants Id sent for something or other , to see a nun dash over , grab them, and literally bang their heads together for not being in class. No questions , just 'bang'.
In her own mental arithmetic class I watched her visciously take a ruler to knuckles for every wrong answer.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Horrific revelations here, and probably one thing stands out, as with many other cases.

Did anyone report these crimes ? Did you Venice,or Lud tell anyone at the time ?

Physical punishment was accepted within the education system, and at the same time parents could batter their kids. No repercussions, just simply considered 'the norm' in many areas.
They were still hanging people for murder.

'No hopers' were probably pressured into the religious organisations either as a way of escape or as Casper says 'sanctuary' because they didn't fit in anywhere else. They too may have been abused.

One big horrible place for those who suffered at the hands of, and I dare say we could all, at one level or another, relate a story that would now be deemed fit for the courts.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Yes Granny, people were aware of Sister sociopath's behaviour but at that time the Catholic Church was held in great respect and in a lot of people's eyes could do no wrong. We even had to go to 7 o'clock (a.m.) mass every weekday at the convent and we had to sit with her at 9o'clock mass every Sunday in church, if we didn't, even if we went to another mass, on Monday we would be taken into the cloakroom where she really let her sadism have free rein and have our heads banged against the coat hooks, how she didn't kill anyone is beyond me.Each day started with a prayer to Saint Jude ( patron saint of lost causes) so we were made to feel pretty worthless really and I don't think any of us regained any self esteem for a long time after escaping her evil clutches.

Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by venice
Can completely believe it Lud. On teaching practice donkeys' years ago in a Catholic school ,in class time, I looked out of the window into the quad ,to keep an eye on two infants Id sent for something or other , to see a nun dash over , grab them, and literally bang their heads together for not being in class. No questions , just 'bang'.
In her own mental arithmetic class I watched her visciously take a ruler to knuckles for every wrong answer.
If I'd of been in her class for maths,I wouldn't of had any knuckles left,I was hopeless at maths

no1s gonna keep me from u
Forum Master
Online Content
Forum Master
Thinking back, my elder step sister used to scare me with tales of the nuns, she used to say they'll lock you in cells and whip you, I used to grass on her to my mum, and she would deny it, childhood days.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by starakita
Originally Posted by venice
If I'd of been in her class for maths,I wouldn't of had any knuckles left,I was hopeless at maths

lol -- its never been my favourite thing either ! Defo not a natural!

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Originally Posted by granny

'No hopers' were probably pressured into the religious organisations either as a way of escape or as Casper says 'sanctuary' because they didn't fit in anywhere else. They too may have been abused.

Standard procedure in the landowning classes was that the first son inherited the estate, second son went into the army, third son went into the church.

Carpe diem.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am