Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,070 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#392464 2nd Mar 2010 9:28pm
RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
According to sky news he breached terms of his release. Which terms have not yet been released, as yet.

Google Ads
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
GOOD news then ! best place for the monster . hammer

Green Meanie
Wiki Master
Green Meanie
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
According to sky news he breached terms of his release. Which terms have not yet been released, as yet.
see link smile

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20100303/tuk-bulger-killer-back-behind-bars-dba1618.html

[Linked Image] Please do not adjust your mind, there is a slight problem with reality
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Is he not "Jon Venables" anymore - I thought they changed his name to protect his identity?

.....with a story like this it seen to have worked raftl

Best place for the little scrote!

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Lets hope he rots this time.

Smartchild
Smartchild
Heard on the radio this morning he commited a "violent Assault" in his place of work. Real Radio News this morning.

_jase_
Unregistered
_
JAMES BULGER MOTHER: TELL US WHAT JON VENABLES HAS DONE

MINISTERS were last night facing growing public fury over the secrecy surrounding the return to jail of one of James Bulger’s killers, Jon Venables.

Government officials have slapped a worldwide injunction on disclosure of any details about murderer Jon Venables breaching the terms of his release.

Despite the rising clamour for information they refuse to say whether he committed a new offence or which prison he was sent to.

But the British public, having spent £6.25million protecting the killers’ identities, insist they have a right to know exactly what Venables has done to be recalled to jail.

It is being claimed that drug taking and Venables’ increasingly violent temper were behind the latest events but James Bulger’s parents last night demanded firm answers from Justice Secretary Jack Straw. James’s mother, Denise Fergus, told friends: “Everyone should know the full circumstances surrounding the arrest of my son’s

murderer. Venables must have done something very serious to be in breach of his parole and if that is so everyone, especially me, should be told.”

Mrs Fergus, 42, added: “For Jack Straw to say Venables has been taken back into custody without explaining what he has done is callous and insensitive.”

James’s father Ralph Bulger, 43, said: “What has the Government got to hide? I only hope to God another
child has not been killed. We have a right to know why he is back in jail.” Confusion about the latest twist in the horrific case deepened yesterday when even Home Secretary Alan Johnson admitted the public had a “right to know” about the reason for the murderer’s return to custody.

He said: “I believe the public do have a right to know and I believe they will know all the facts in due course. But I must in no way prejudice the future criminal justice proceedings,” he said.

However, he was humiliated within minutes when the Ministry of Justice said Mr Johnson had only been speaking about cases in general.

Venables and fellow killer Robert Thompson were both aged 10 when they snatched James from a shopping centre in Liverpool on February 13, 1993.

The two-year-old’s battered and tortured body was later found on a railway line just two miles away. Venables and Thompson were convicted of murder and given compulsory life sentences.

But in 2001 they were both freed on life licences and granted life-long anonymity. However, they were warned they could be returned to jail for the rest of their lives if their release conditions were breached.

These conditions included not committing further offences, not contacting each other, not approaching the Bulger family and staying away from Merseyside.

Mr Bulger said he only learned of Venables’ return to custody, which is understood to have happened last week, when a police officer and Home Office officials called at his Merseyside home on Tuesday.

He said: “I always said that the judges and politicians who let James’s killers go free had his blood on their hands because they just didn’t care enough about the precious life of my little boy.

“Knowing one of them is behind bars again is little comfort when they won’t even tell us what he has done. It is one more kick in the teeth for James and his family. We campaigned long and hard and fought to keep both of James’s killers in prison but no one would listen.

“Our legal system danced on the grave of my innocent son without a hint of shame or compassion by letting these murderers go free.”

James Bulger’s uncle Jimmy Bulger also demanded to know what had prompted the return to custody. He said: “These boys were diagnosed as psychopaths and as far as I am aware there is no cure for that.

“We warned that they were not safe to be let out of jail but once again we were trampled on by a so-called justice system that seems to care more about James’s killers than this little boy’s life.

“The whole thing is disgusting and smacks of a cover-up. When is the Home Office going to tell the truth about what really happened?”

As public revulsion at the secrecy grew, former detective Albert Kirby, who headed the Bulger investigation, said it was unlikely Venables was recalled for a minor infringement of his licence conditions.

He said there “must have been a build-up of incidents” for the action to have been taken and he called for the Government to reveal the reason for Venables’ recall.

He said: “It would help to clarify and put this to rest once and for all if the public did have some indication of what it is he has done.

“Not where he is or details like that but the reason why his probation has been revoked and he is back inside. It’s going to be asking the questions why is he there and did the authorities fail in making the assessments of his suitability to come back into society.”

Venables, now 27, will appear before a hearing of the Parole Board within 28 days of being recalled, where the details of the breach will be examined. Such hearings are not normally open to the public.

In a statement yesterday, Mr Straw said: “I’m sorry that I cannot give more information at this stage on the nature of the alleged breach. “I know there is an intense public interest in why he has been recalled. I would like to give that information but I’m sorry that for good reasons I can’t and that’s in the public interest.

“But the public also need to be reassured that action was taken properly and promptly to recall him to prison and there will now be proceedings before the Parole Board to determine whether he should remain in custody.”

THE EXPRESS

What if he has not actually done as much as the papers are speculating? What if all he has done is gone into an area that he is not allowed or something as trivial as this?

What if he has done something really bad? Does this mean that the other brother should be put in prison 'just in case'?

Can people really be 'monsters' or 'evil'? Really? This is why they are not releasing the information. How can either side have a fair trial with the way the media portrayed the situation last time and possibly again if it is released?

Just thought i would try to spark actual disscusion on the topic

x x x

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by _jase_
But in 2001 they were both freed on life licences and granted life-long anonymity. However, they were warned they could be returned to jail for the rest of their lives if their release conditions were breached.

These conditions included not committing further offences, not contacting each other, not approaching the Bulger family and staying away from Merseyside.

TBH it sounds pretty clear as to what he can / cant do. If he is stupid enough to breach these terms then he deserves to go back - hes been given a 2nd chance, conditions of this are clear, and if he decides to break these conditions then he must face the consequences as a 27 year old man!

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
That is very true StuyMac. If he has breached any conditions he should have to deal with consequences just like anyone else.

But people automatically think the worst, and I dont blame them with the way the media portrays everything.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Oh yes, people can be really evil, make no mistake.
In this case though he obviously has to be tried, as per normal or perhaps without a jury......and he will get his come uppance. If it is a really horrendous thing he has done then the people who mis-assessed him for release should be sacked, no pension, no pay-offs, no place to hide. Too many of these pillocks put the public in danger thru misguided senses of being do-gooders and seeing no evil in anyone.

Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Smartchild
Smartchild
The way the media portrays everything?
He tortured a child to death!!!!
How else are the media supposed to portray it? youthful high spirits? A practical joke?
Get a grip.

If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid.

Marcus Steel Hi all , not got long so il throw my 2pence in and il start with this joobiuos person David calvert ....

There's a few heads running around discussing "iz it him or iz it not,,, let's talk FACTS for a second friends, let's discuss what we knw about these inuendos flyin about.

1. People have brought the name David calvert back from 2005 when a so called innocent man frm fleetwood was outed as being jon venables after a dicussion with a neighbour, to comform he wasn't the threat venables, he produced a "photo album" to put bayin avengers atrest.

Descrepance number 1, What 25 to 30yr old scally (to put it mildly). Has keept hold of there family photos,,,, I'm 30 and when I left home I didn't take 1 photo with me , never mind my familys family album...... Sounds more like he's been primed to use that as a blag to put people who have an inklin off the sent...

Suspicious. Fact number 2

if mr calvert isn't Mr venables, he "should be sat a home right now in fleetwood" watching all the media and not sat in prison in isolation.

If that the case why hasn't the papers been round to his house fleetwood to report dat he's at home while venables is rotting on jail..... I.e. Proving he's not venables,,, after all he can't be in two places at once.....

Suspicious fact number 3....

Why is there no reports by the big media mogals on this David calvert??? Everybody is talking about him, so why not the main stream papers, even if it's to confirm David Is not venables,,,
u'd ov thought an innocent man who'd been accused of being a shit bag tott killer would be running to the papers to collect his appoliges from 2005s "mistaken identity"
but no sign of him....

And the 4th fact is that the goverments anominity on venables brings reporting restriction on the media about jon venables and his new name,, i.e. They can't reveail his new I D,,, So this seems a bigg coincedence that. There's no new report on this David calvert from fleetwood,, all the reports are from 2005! There are no presant day reports or info on David calvert.... Not even to settle the 2005 rumors....
Seems the 2010 press sanction for jon venables has sumhow streched to David calvert from fleetwood

RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
is there a picture from 2005 of david calvert?

This story has been picked up by sky news http://blogs.news.sky.com

tbh i would rather not know what his 'new name' is or alleged crime until he's been dealt with by the courts. Fair trial and all that. if he is guilty tthen I dont want him 'let off' due to not getting a fair trial. We'll get to find out this decade sometime...He'll probably be 'sugared' before any court case.

Last edited by RUDEBOX; 9th Mar 2010 3:28pm.
Forum Master
Forum Master
I went to school with a lad called David Calvert, he's 27. He was convicted of credit card fraud and sent to a yoi for it.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am