On sunday 1st of May my friend Andy will be walking from Seacombe (start 11am) to West Kirby along the wirral coastal path for Help for Heroes, this will be his final of 14 walks.

I will be joining him with my St Dunstan`s Mascot dog so please come and show your support.

This is his sponsor page : http://www.justgiving.com/andy-maddocks

About the walks:I am an ex serviceman, what I always remember when away on operations in Northern Ireland was we never had a day off, downtime meant being on standby so you could never truly relax.I think of today's servicemen and women in Afghanistan and how they must never get a day off.I work a five week shift pattern and during that time I get a total of 14 rest days, which I take for granted I suppose. My idea to raise money for this great charity "H4H", is that on each of them 14 days me and my dog, "Max", will take our daily walk to new limits by completing a ten mile walk on each of those 14 days , by the end completing a total walk of 140 miles.I will ask a different friend to accompany me on each of these walks to verify the mileage.I aim to start the first walk on the 1st April 2011 finishing the last on the 1st May 2011.All the walks I aim to complete will be in the North West of England or North Wales.I know this is a time of hardship for most people trying to make ends meet, but please give whatever you can, any donation will be most welcome...Thank you all

Last edited by TRANCENTRAL; 30th Apr 2011 8:47pm. Reason: add to calender