WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,315
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
5 members (1 invisible), 10,148 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
They are criminals - the 18 people that were prosecuted have now got criminal records because they committed a criminal act.

Littering has not been de-criminalised but there is an immunity from prosecution if you have paid a fixed price notice.

It is legally wrong to litter, it is morally wrong to litter, the council is doing its best to discourage people from littering.

I'm fed up watching people dumping their McDonald's food and rubbish etc openly all over the place as though they have got a god given right to do it, then to add insult to injury I have to pay for it to be cleaned up.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Google Ads
Smartchild
Smartchild
You seem to think like a toff sometimes DD. In my eyes a criminal offence cannot be neutralised with a cash payment.It is or it is not no ifs no buts, this befuddled thinking is what gets us in a pickle.People who have a genuine reason to challenge the decision of the charge will not. This is then a miscarriage of natural justice which is going down faster than the crime figures for Wirral.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
What i find farcical about getting fined for cigarette butts is that if i were to drop the butt of a cigar I would in essence be fined for dropping a leaf. Something i often do when i empty my pockets after cutting a hedge or bush.
Throwing confetti (paper or rice) is potentially littering --so maybe the litter police would like to wait outside a church or registry office.

Maybe there should be an exemption for people who do not use filters (roll there own) as basically its a leaf and a bit of confetti

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by dustymclean
You seem to think like a toff sometimes DD. In my eyes a criminal offence cannot be neutralised with a cash payment.It is or it is not no ifs no buts, this befuddled thinking is what gets us in a pickle.People who have a genuine reason to challenge the decision of the charge will not. This is then a miscarriage of natural justice which is going down faster than the crime figures for Wirral.

Can't win can you - people say you shouldn't get a criminal record for dropping a small amount of litter, the system changes to make it possible to avoid a criminal record then someone comes along and says the new system is wrong.

I don't understand the toff statement - I believe people shouldn't litter public places and that a £60 fine/penalty is a reasonable deterrent, is that thinking like a toff?

Originally Posted by fish5133
Throwing confetti (paper or rice) is potentially littering --so maybe the litter police would like to wait outside a church or registry office.

In the past, some churches have been told that they must clean up confetti if it outside their premises. Celebrating some poor sod getting married seems a strange thing to do anyway wink

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Smartchild
Smartchild
I was thinking in more general terms but including litter. It should not be a criminal offence, only for someone who perceives the authority to be wrong and challenges the accuser. My point was It should or should not be a criminal offence. Fines are not a punishment for people with pots of money.(toffs) I have quoted Michael Winner on here before saying "It only costs sixty quid to drive in the bus lane" I would prefer the criminal offence be dropped and people having recourse to justice without the implied threat of criminality.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
http://www.kingdom.co.uk/vacancies/

Birkenhead Job.
http://www.kingdom.co.uk/job-application-form/?JobVacancyId=1043

Environmental Enforcement Officer

Wirral Borough Council<br>
£7.53 per hour plus per performance bonus for meeting monthly job roles of up to £500 per month.

Kingdom are the UK’s leading Environmental Enforcement provider and due to our continued growth within this industry working on behalf of local authorities.  We are now recruiting for the position of Environmental Enforcement Officer based at Wirral Borough Council.
The role will require you to patrol the borough working in line with the relevant local authority’s deployment strategy and issuing Fixed Penalty Notices to offenders in contravention of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005. <br>
You will be required to work 40-48 hours per week, Monday to Sunday (including Bank Holidays) shifts between 7am and 8pm, flexibility for the role is essential.

Package Description
We offer candidates the opportunity to being part of an industry leading and respected Security and Environmental Enforcement company with real opportunities of advancement and guaranteed hours contracts as well as a range of employee benefits which includes 20 days annual leave plus 8 days bank holidays.
• Work place pension scheme, if you are eligible or wish to contribute.
• Access to a substantial free online training academy for professional development.
• Company Award Scheme.

The Ideal Candidate<br>
• The ability to communicate with offenders, often in demanding circumstances in a professional manner.
• Previous experience in a customer service role and handling difficult situations in a professional manner.
• Must enjoy working in the outdoors and in all weather conditions.
• Full UK Driving Licence is essential.<br>
• Will be work independently and on own initiative to carry out the enforcement role.
• Excellent communication skills are required both written and spoken
• Will be physically fit as you may be required to carry our foot patrol for prolonged periods.

Please note that all candidates will have to go through a CRB process prior to employment and will need a full five year checkable work history.

Follow a smoker !! Easy Money
Good luck if you wish to apply.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
As a matter of interest, how does this enforcement come into effect with young school children, young teenagers and university/college students ? Two out of the three will certainly have no money to pay any fines. Let's give them a criminal record before they even set off in life, should we ?

Maybe backs are meant to be turned in such cases, which makes a complete mockery of the whole fiasco.

Unfortunately ,I can see a few punches being delivered before it goes much further.

Yes,... to no litter louts, but lets hope a proper procedure can be worked out , rather than Litter Police being given hiked up bonuses for every catch they make, and then it's regained by fines of disproportionate amounts.

Last edited by granny; 7th Nov 2015 10:32pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
penalty notices may be issued to children aged 10 or over, as well as to adults.

In our law and order forum Click me

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Environmental Enforcement Officer

Wirral Borough Council<br>
£7.53 per hour plus per performance bonus for meeting monthly job roles of up to £500 per month.

^Extract from Marks post^

(Partly satire for those who do not know me).

Now, if I was an Environmental Enforcement Officer wanting a Bonus of £500 then I would head to populated areas, not rocket science is it? I would keep my eye on those pesky smokers and mums with babies/ toddlers who *fingers crossed* will drop a Sausage Roll!!! Kerching! Kerching!!

To do my job correctly, I could head to Church Road, St. Pauls Road area in Seacombe. Plenty of dog mess about there, also discarded chippy papers, pizza boxes, cans, chocolate and crisp wrappers too. The thing is, the pedestrian flow is not that high and I would be hanging about looking conspicuous, wearing my laminate...nowhere for me to hide

I could head up to Poulton Road, near Somerville Primary School. Crap on the pavements, in each direction for at least a third of a mile. Do I collar that 10 year old?? (What about my Bonuses)??

Nobody cares about outside of 'business areas'- as long as our retail centres look attractive!?

Look at Liverpool- the pierhead in particular. Clean as a whistle in central/ tourist areas- rest of the City is a shithole.

Last edited by RUDEBOX; 7th Nov 2015 10:54pm.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by dustymclean
It should not be a criminal offence, only for someone who perceives the authority to be wrong and challenges the accuser.

Sorry, can you reword that sentence as I'm finding too many ways of interpreting it and I have a feeling none of them is what you intended (probably my bad). Though I will mention you can appeal an littering FPN without it going criminal whichever way the outcome - and you can maintain the early payment discount.

I've not expressed my opinion on whether littering should or should not be a criminal offence, the following are just thoughts ....

Under the rehabilitation of offenders act (ROA) a fine is classed as spent one year after the offence is committed, so if littering were always a criminal offence you are not a criminal for life (except for security purposes eg VISA applications and certain employments).

If it is never a criminal offence then the Michael Winner example shows it might not work - just pay it and carry on taking the p1ss.

I guess my take is that if you are legally punished over any anti-social event you took an active role in then it should be a criminal matter - that is what the criminal system is there for. I do not understand why speeding (an active offence) is not a criminal offence whilst being drunk in charge of a vehicle (a passive offence) is criminal.

The be all and end all is that if you don't want to be a criminal then don't commit the offence.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Mark
penalty notices may be issued to children aged 10 or over, as well as to adults.

In our law and order forum Click me

Apparently; In the case of an offender between the ages of 10 and 16, the order for payment must be made against the parent or guardian.

Well, if I had a child aged 10 , I'd be very upset to find out, that in this day and age ,someone who they did not know had taken his/her name and address. How can the children check if these people are genuine or not. They don't even look particularly smart or respectable from what I've seen.

It seems to go against all the things children are to be wary of. Only a matter of time before unsavoury characters will pay for such things. CRB checks don't necessarily cover such practices in dark corners.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
It's called a D.B.S check now Granny, lets face it- D.B.S checks are only as relevent and current as the day they were distributed.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
It says CRB in the job description, but whatever, just another money spinner.

~Chief Seattle
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Do you still get the £7.53 an hour if you dont FPN anyone and simply ask them to pick it up and bin it.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Im sure you would.
What i was suprised to read the hours are from 7am - 8pm.

The only saving grace with the dark nights, is the camera quality is going to alot more restricted. So i would be asking for proof from the camera recording.

Page 10 of 13 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,235 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,327 Spotted!