Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
8 members (3 invisible), 8,693 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mark Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Police have vowed to catch the yobs responsible for smashing their way into a cricket club in Birkenhead Park – the latest in a spate of vandalism attacks in the historic green space.

Burglars kicked and hit metal shutters to enter Birkenhead St Mary’s Cricket Club and steal alcohol on Monday night – just days after a raid at the park’s visitor centre.

Although it is unclear if the two incidents are connected, in both cases three men used a sledgehammer to break into the buildings through the front doors.

In September, the park’s 168-year-old Swiss Bridge was seriously damaged by flames and requires significant structural reconstruction before it can be used again.

Neighbourhood Inspector Georgina Minnery said: “This incident comes very soon after the visitors’ centre at the park was broken into, and we are working hard to trace those responsible for both incident and continue to reduce burglaries, in this area. We know that this type of crime can have a massive effect on businesses and individuals and we are pro-actively investigating both incidents.

“We are fully focused on trying to help protect the local community against burglaries like this and take them very seriously. We continue to run regular operations to target known offenders and also offer crime prevention advice to home and business owners.

“Finally, I would like to appeal to the public, to come forward with any information about this incident, to contact 101 number. Information can also be anonymously reported to Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.”

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Source : Click me

Birkenhead Park security measures increased

Security at Birkenhead Park is set to increase following a spate of vandalism and break-ins, with new crime reduction measures including extra patrols, improved CCTV and marking of property with unique security codes.

Cllr Chris Meaden, Cabinet member for Leisure, Sport and Culture, said: “We were all disgusted to see the damage done by criminals to amenities at our much-loved Birkenhead Park. We are committed to ensuring this community resource is protected and are working closely with the police to implement extra security and various measures to reduce crime. With the full support of the police, community leaders and local residents groups we will be able to reduce crime and tackle anti-social behaviour.”

The Visitor’s Centre at the park was originally designed to reduce the likelihood of being subject to burglary, with expert advice from Police Crime Reduction Officers, and this was the first time it has been targeted since it was built. The alarm was received by the Council Control Room on the night of the break-in and Community Patrols were dispatched swiftly. They were in attendance in six minutes, helping to stop the criminals getting far beyond the front door.

Property inside the Visitor Centre will now be marked with a unique code and a spray which marks anyone inside the building when the intruder alarm is activated will be installed. CCTV will be stepped up, with extra cameras, and increased resolution. New external sensors will be linked to audible warnings and spotlights to illuminate intruders. Furthermore, Community Patrol Officers have been tasked to focus extra attention to the park and its boundary.

Merseyside Police are advising on what extra measures can be made to deter further criminal activity against the park and they are increasing their patrols, targeting the times of day and locations highlighted by shared intelligence as having a higher chance or crimes taking place.

Anyone with any information on the crimes against Birkenhead Park should contact Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Source : click me

Google Ads
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I hate people who do this stuff... they're s#!t. It ain't 'hard' amd it ain't clever. Why bother?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Disgusting!!!! Somebody I know went on a bike ride to the Park. Parked up and was enjoying the peace and tranquility of the 'Boat House'. THREE times, this person was approached- druggies thinking he was a dealer!!!!

Mark Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
I must admit, ive walked around bridge area about 3 times over the summer in the afternoon only to walk past drunks on the benches, keeping them self to themselves, drinks in a holder, i wasn't too bothered but i can see how a mum and child would be.

One of the visits i was taking pictures and i was curious to see inside the band stand at the lake. Only to turn away as i walked up the steps to see about 5 men not boys, drinking out of cans. No way was i going up there.

If this is what its like in the day time, no wonder so much happend at night.

The way its going the park will be locked at night, like so many other parks on the Wirral. The few again spoling what we have again.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Doesn't make any difference if it is locked - loads of people jump over the fences rather than walk round to the gates anyway.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Addict
Addict
When I was a kid, Birkenhead Park had its own police force. Does anybody remember Sergeant Woodcock or the park PC we kids nicknamed, "slim?"
Woodcock used to throw his stick at any lads who were misbehaving. The park bobbies seemed to be everywhere and they stood no messing. Thick ears were their cure and answer for bad behaviour and vandalism on this scale was hardly ever heard of.
The whole structure of policing everywhere these days has been changed to suit accountants and the liberal establishment. It's a mess, an utter total mess. I live in Moreton and regularly see damaged bus shelters with shards of glass all over pavements. Nothing ever gets done about it. I've certainly never read of anybody being arrested for it, never mind being punished.
What's badly needed is a "Zero Tolerance," approach to such bad behaviour; but in order to do that we need a strong and well funded police force that are backed by the benches and the judges. Plus an end to the police tactic of cautioning persistent offenders time after time. But it's never going to happen because the country is run by liberal minded people. They are everywhere in authority and in politics.
As for CCTV, it might help to bring about the arrest of some of the culprits who cause damage, but it's what happens to them after that is a national disgrace.
Being arrested and charged with an offence and put before the courts in 2015, holds no fears at all for most of these miscreants. Until they change that policy, vandalism and crime will continue and will get worse.

Last edited by Alonso; 26th Oct 2015 12:29am.
Forum Master
Forum Master
I fully agree with everything said about The park and especially Alonso. The ... that do these things don't give a damm about anybody else but themselves and don't have an fear of consequences because quite frankly it's a slap on the wrist and told to be good don't do it again...oh it does get me mad!!!

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am