WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,363
Posts1,033,326
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (3 invisible), 9,928 guests, and 447 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Saudi is a different culture, loads of people I know have lived there and I almost went there myself.

The culture is not to everybody's taste.

I admire countries that have the death sentence for drug dealers/carriers and think it abhorrent that our government often tries to interfere with that process.

Britain has a dress code for men and women, parts of our bodies have to be covered, it doesn't even make any sense - a man's nipple is ok and a women's nipple has to be covered???? Different culture, different rules.

Try working the figures out for how many people have left Syria, taking into account that the net increase in population is about 400,000 a year due to births and deaths, there are millions that have left which would substantiate the Saudi claim to having 2.5 million there.

We have got more than enough problems in our own country, why do we criticise (and attack) other cultures so much? Saudi certainly hasn't got it right but neither have we - people in glass houses etc!

Britain and America are terrorist countries, we go about killing people in other countries without planning our objectives. No ISIS, no Kurds, no Assad its all about destruction not stability or constructive outcomes.

Britain is the epitome of a bigoted nation and getting worse and this attitude is going to backfire on us big time - we get involved in other countries' civil wars yet we would freak if another country did this to us, attacking other countries brings retribution and yet we still continue to do it, we are not only destabilising other countries, we are destabilising our own.

This is being driven by the Americans, we are gullibly following the path that leads to the New World Order taking us over.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Google Ads
Forum Master
Forum Master
Well put dusty straight to the point, I think Corporal Jones of Dads Army got it wrong when he said they don't like it up them shocked like the soap on a rope one smile

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Yes, agree with much of what you say about interference in other countries. There are times when other countries have made a call for help. Of course we all know the big one that was forced ,despite calls for non invasion and this now is the backlash (or part of it) .

Returning to different cultures, Brunei has taken up strict Islamic laws last year. They now amputate for theft and stoning for adultery. A form of control not religion. Yet another crank sitting in a place of supremacy.

This country has moved on since the Middle Ages, but as Dusty (I think) said, Arabs have tribal roots and these harsh laws maybe the only way to control. It takes decades to change, although from what I read Lebanon is becoming more westernised, and that will only happen if the powers that be drop some of the nasty Islamic laws. Not much hope for some of the other countries who are devout. Yemen is one but nobody can get out of there so easily, too dangerous so they are stuck with it and possibly wouldn't know how the other half live.
For those who have escaped to EU, it will be like a kid getting let loose in a candy shop. They may not even be able to manage our relaxed laws, and could feel lost and lonely. When people have been institutionalised we know how they can become mentally distressed once out. It could be the same for these migrants, they need time to adjust and then hopefully the majority will see more of what they like rather than what they don't like.
We can all hope for a happy ending, but it may be a long time .

Last edited by granny; 23rd Sep 2015 2:18pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I agree Granny, I think Saudi wants to change but doesn't know how to do it and it does need to be done very slowly.

We are far to liberal in many of our punishments, when you read of people with 45 previous convictions over hundreds of known offences I find it difficult not to wonder who has got punishment right and who has got it wrong.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Maybe the reason why we have been so liberal is because we have no prison places left.

26% of our prison population in 2013 were black, Asian or other ethnic minorities at the same time Muslim prisoners have doubled in the last ten years. We don't get definite figures do we ?; but those places are rife in bad things. So the justice system probably have the reasons why, more than we do.

What I do think is a huge shame about this EU migrant situation, it would appear that they are coming to fill the jobs in Germany for one, but is this another way of bringing in slave labour for many of them ? Wouldn't be called that but there are similarities and although they haven't been dragged, they have certainly been encouraged.

Just one thing. Apparently, the asylum seekers coming to UK cannot be taken in by families of homes with spare rooms. They will have to have their own front door, therefore a self contained unit. Even Bob Geldof has been knocked back.

Last edited by granny; 23rd Sep 2015 3:03pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
The test will come for the government about the cost of support and the way it differs or may differ from the benefits on offer to others, should the refugees be entitled to higher benefits? who knows, where will they be housed, will they jump the queue? who knows, will they have to book on for jobseekers? there are already rumours circulating allegedly by people who have worked on properties saying they have been fitted with all mod cons etc etc, any advantages that may be on offer will be picked up and used to hit Cameron over the head with re the austerity, recent figures about the influx are suggesting about only a third of those entering Europe are Syrians and classed as true refugees, others from Pakistan, Nigeria and Turkey have been identified, big headaches for all are coming.

Addict
Addict
European countries could end up being littered with ghettos. These people will be living in poverty, unless they are handed out free houses and jobs. If they get these hand-outs, there could be local resentment and friction. If they are not, crime will be abundant.

Forum Master
Forum Master
I heard that some of the refugees coming here are to be settled in Knowsley. Has anybody heard where else?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I think any 'hand outs' as they are called , will not be coming directly from the public purse, in this country they are to be funded by money from the Overseas Budget. So if our people are helped to understand that it may be beneficial. Secondly, I do worry where they are placed, as they can't be given houses in residential housing estates due to the possible backlash and they need to be able to integrate.

I am quite sure that these refugees which come here are well vetted, won't be living off the state (as such) but they have to be helped. If we feel that such a small number are not worthy of being given assistance and removed from such a dire situation then we can't be worthy of calling our selves 'humanitarian'.

I think people in this country are panicking unnecessarily, Europe is a different ball game, and that is worrying !! To integrate, manage and house so many , all at once, is a challenge to say the least.

Tim Farron making his battle speech about our Government policy on the refugee crisis and how he obviously thinks the numbers should be far greater coming to this country, is just another one making his platform out of other peoples misery. How dare he !

Not heard about Knowsley Cools, but Liverpool have offered so it could be. I think everything will be ok for us and hopefully them. Who can deny little children a place of safety ? Europe/World went into meltdown after the image of the little boy on the beach. There are nearly 12,000 children been killed in this Syrian war apart from the injured and sick. Those are figures that cannot be denied.

I am not speaking on behalf of the economic migrants. They are different and make me angry. They should be no part of this humanitarian exodus.

[Linked Image]

Can't understand Hungary's take on this, particularly when there were 250,000 of their refugees who went to Austria when Hungary had their troubles a few decades ago. Poland another and Romania ( although, they are poor and they just come here instead.)

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
. Don't anyone find these too shocking for the forum, this is real life for many......and if pork is removed from the school menu, who f..ing cares ??

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

~Chief Seattle
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I'm really quite fond of pork.

Forum Master
Forum Master
So am I, and David Cameron loves it, I am surprised at grannys comment why should there be a need to remove pork from the school menu? they have alternatives to offer, some kids have allergies that need to be catered for, so there is no need to ban anything, there is always a solution, to start banning things causes problems and gives the perception that others needs are paramount and that they are better catered for, but I suspect that grannys comment was a bit tongue in cheek smile

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I don't think its possible to vet refugees, most won't have passports/ID, we have no biological data agreement with these countries - they can just make a name and address up and use it.

Even EEC immigrants use false names in this country. I've seen a number of solicitor letters addressed to different names but it was clearly the same person.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Just to wind you all up a little grin . Click on link for interactive map of immigration. Quite scary and interesting , as are some of the comments at the bottom of the page. Can't see what timescale the map is relating to, it simply refers to 'over time', so that could be the propaganda part of it. Plus, it hasn't shown immigration from West Indies etc.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world...-of-migrants-flocking-to-Europe-each-day

[Linked Image]

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The timescale refers to the bar at the top. Starts in 2012 up to August 2015 . Big difference shocked

~Chief Seattle
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,457 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,700 Spotted!