Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (2 invisible), 9,960 guests, and 407 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17
granny #961169 11th Sep 2015 11:56am
Forum Master
Forum Master
I don't think that because they register it entitles them to be EU citizens, I may be wrong ( I'am sure someone will tell me)but as refugees their stay is temporary until they can safely return to their own country, that's the way I understand it at the moment, that of course doesn't apply if they accepted as immigrants as the usual rules apply, so in that context the Germans are very crafty, short term labour force can be returned to sender, again reading through various sources some countries will not allow refugees to work.

Google Ads
Old Hand
Old Hand
Granny......If they are coming into this country from another part of Europe they would have to have passports and be subject to whatever checks are still being made at our borders

I notice you have not responded to my earlier post asking what control we would have if any on the sort of person we bring in as a "refugee"

I am interested to know the basis for your comment " You obviously think we should not house any refugees"

granny #961171 11th Sep 2015 12:06pm
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by granny
Oh my goodness ! Has anyone seen this video on the news this morning?

Migrant crisis: People treated 'like animals' in Hungary camp

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34216883

Media sensationalising a non event.

There are less than 200 people in that building, not 500/600 like it claimed.

Food was being handed out, ok it was being thrown so people not at the front got a good chance, I've seen exactly the same in summer camps in the UK!

There are people at the back of the building sitting down, not even attempting to get food so they can hardly be that desperate.

What I am curious about is the ratio of men to women yet again, there are only a handful of women that I can see.

I wouldn't be surprised if the media set the whole thing up.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by organiser
Granny......If they are coming into this country from another part of Europe they would have to have passports and be subject to whatever checks are still being made at our borders

I notice you have not responded to my earlier post asking what control we would have if any on the sort of person we bring in as a "refugee"

I am interested to know the basis for your comment " You obviously think we should not house any refugees"

Firstly, the whole ethos of the article from Mersey Magazine was with negative intention . e.g why aren't we looking after our own first etc. and all the reasons to be opposed to more people coming to this country.

Secondly, I don't have a clue how control would be put in place for 'the sort of' refugees we receive. Ask your MP.

Thirdly, your comment " Sorry Granny that is not the chance I am prepared to support in the current situation with worldwide threats from organisations like ISIS

What a brilliant opportunity for ISIS to flood this country with little or no security checks on who is allowed to cross our borders as we "welcome" thousands of people from areas where ISIS has a stronghold"
....would indicate that you are not a welcoming party.

You know, I am not in favour of Europe being flooded this way either, and it is very worrying, but it is what is happening and so we have to accept that fact and deal with the situation as it comes to us.

It is also fact that London, the south east, the Midlands, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Yorkshire, and Lancashire are pretty well Muslim communities and amongst them will be people who are part of this policy that Abdul Muhid talks about. The man without a passport.

How about people jumping up and down about that? The world has changed and we are no less vulnerable than anyone else.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34134682

DD, I am surprised at your comment. You know full well that there are 4000 a day arriving in Hungary. How they deal with distributing food, is not to throw it and make people grovel for every crumb.

The young men are fleeing from being conscripted into the fighting forces apparently but I don't know which ones. My concern is still where the teenage girls are and with that in mind, they could have been taken as sex slaves or they maybe in camps being safe havens, or awaiting to join parents. Who knows ? we are simply not getting any information on any of these situations.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
granny #961181 11th Sep 2015 1:26pm
Old Hand
Old Hand
In the article I quoted from Mersey Magazine, the editor appears to be responding to readers comments, all I have done is posed the question as to whether or not it is reasonable argument

As far as my own views are concerned I have expressed concern in the first instance that we are failing to address homelessness and the like in our own social system but seem prepared to ignore our own problems in the haste in which we open the door, without any very obvious security checks, to "refugees", the majority of whom appear to be perfectly fit young men from an area which has strong influences from ISIS

I am not prepared to support that gamble and as for asking my MP for an answer, I think it is far more important to ask my MP to offer his time and services to the support of the people who elected him to parliament

Yes Granny it is sad to see human beings in the situation which is being massively overexposed by the media, but it is wanton foolishness to say just take a chance on who we are bringing into this country without being absolutely certain that decision will not put our citizens at risk

Last edited by organiser; 11th Sep 2015 1:28pm.
Forum Master
Forum Master
No Rude,1800 in Rock Ferry High in a highly populated residential area not acceptable. Would appose vehemently .

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Organiser , as I mentioned in an earlier post, this country is not part of the Schengen agreement and therefore we did not have to accept any refugees.

Mr Cameron was going to stand by that until he was brow beaten by the public and other MP's and particularly Labour, into agreeing. The public response would seem to have been consensual and therefore just as much to blame, but obviously those who were not in favour, did not shout loud enough last week.

The whole thing is dreadful, from the boats to the camps to registry, to organisation. Why nobody has offered any help to Hungary in a way of setting up proper facilities to manage a structured process, is something that UN, EU and many others carry the blame for. They are all abysmal, and another reason to lose faith in the powers that be. Vote of NO Confidence in my opinion. They have all been caught on the hop because they closed their eyes and buried their heads in the sand.
Our leaders ?????? raftl

Just been said on the 1pm news that most of the refugees we will have shall have passport and they will be able to start work almost immediately. Maybe some of Wirral can breath again, because there aren't any jobs !

Last edited by granny; 11th Sep 2015 1:51pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
cools #961185 11th Sep 2015 1:52pm
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by cools
No Rude,1800 in Rock Ferry High in a highly populated residential area not acceptable. Would appose vehemently .

Me too,any empty places round your way rude.

granny #961186 11th Sep 2015 2:05pm
Old Hand
Old Hand
Granny......please don't think I doubt your honesty in your own posts, but you have failed to address my response to your comment by seeking to place blame on various people and organisations while ignoring the concerns I am expressing for the security of this country

Do you honestly believe that of the thousands of "refugees" we allow in to this country to take employment which does not appear to be available to our own people, there will not be any who will seek to or be capable of causing major problems for us as a nation

Just one person would be one too many

Where are the checks on criminality etc which I have asked about and please don't tell me again to ask my MP

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Granny......please don't think I doubt your honesty in your own posts, but you have failed to address my response to your comment by seeking to place blame on various people and organisations while ignoring the concerns I am expressing for the security of this country

Do you honestly believe that of the thousands of "refugees" we allow in to this country to take employment which does not appear to be available to our own people, there will not be any who will seek to or be capable of causing major problems for us as a nation

Just one person would be one too many

Where are the checks on criminality etc which I have asked about and please don't tell me again to ask my MP

I placed blame on the organisations and World Orders in reference to the situation in Hungary.

What the hell else do you want me to say with regard to checks on criminality? If I don't know, then I don't know. Which is what I already said...isn't it ? Why don't you know ?
Don't annoy me.

~Chief Seattle
granny #961196 11th Sep 2015 2:54pm
Old Hand
Old Hand
That is not a very civil response Granny

Why are you so keen to allow all these strangers to come here without knowing if they are the sort of people who could cause major problems to our society

I can only presume from your answer that you would be quite prepared to allow a stranger to share your own personal home and have access to you and your family without making any check whatsoever about his background

Good for you Granny....I certainly wouldn't 'cos I am not that stupid!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
That is not a very civil response Granny

Why are you so keen to allow all these strangers to come here without knowing if they are the sort of people who could cause major problems to our society

I can only presume from your answer that you would be quite prepared to allow a stranger to share your own personal home and have access to you and your family without making any check whatsoever about his background

Good for you Granny....I certainly wouldn't 'cos I am not that stupid!

Now you are annoying me.

Who said I was 'keen' to allow these strangers in our country? I am simply putting forward the case as to why we are taking 20,000 refugees and how we now have to accept that fact and if people are being slaughtered in a war, then surely a 'Christian country' , (as most would like us to be considered that way), should offer hope to at least the women and children.

The real reason is you are scared out of your pants for the repercussions.....the difference is, I am not, for reasons I will not disclose.

The children in Syria are also scared and your opinion is pitiful. Maybe your sympathies would have been the same towards the Jews in WW11 ? All very well in hindsight to say how bad they were treated. If we are not there to give help in the first instance, then we can surely have no cause to have empathy or sympathy after the event. Empty words.

So far as sharing my home with them, no I can't do that, but my sister has put her name forward and so have many others. .

Continue writing for Mersey Magazine and pulling all your points from personal views given on such sites as WikiWirral, but you might be better to go onto a national site and see what the reaction is there. Try Facebook.

~Chief Seattle
granny #961203 11th Sep 2015 3:54pm
Old Hand
Old Hand
Granny....as this appears to be getting a bit personal I intend to withdraw from any further communication with you on this subject.

Your comment "Continue writing for Mersey Magazine" is nonsensical....all I have done on occasions is to quote from that publication, just as you on numerous occasions quote from the bible....No-one surely would suggest you wrote any part of it.

End of conversation thank you.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Yes, you are right Organiser because you continue to push my personal views against your personal views. Therefore it becomes personal.
No harm meant, it just comes to a level of stale mate.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
We should be closing our doors to non-essential migrants.

Genuine refugees are a completely different matter but to assess if they are genuine refugees I would be expecting most of them to be travelling in family groups. Young men I would send back and tell them to get the rest of your families if the situation at home is that dire.

They may be dodging conscription but there is no way they should be dodging their moral responsibilities to their families. How dare they expect the rest of the World to pamper to their cowardice.

@granny, I guess the alternative way to hand out food would be to withhold it until everybody forms a nice orderly queue???

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Page 11 of 17 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 16 17

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,260 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,403 Spotted!