WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
8 members (3 invisible), 12,686 guests, and 938 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
The History of Wallasey Village
by PaulWirral - 1st Jul 2009 6:03pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
lincle 4
casper 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
Forum Master
Forum Master
Watched the tea time news one guy interviewed said he was from Pakistan, notice now they are all making victory signs now as they pass, they are learning very quickly if you stamp your feet here you get what you want, unless of course you are resident, just wondering how the benefit system will work with them, will they be forced to attend job interviews and have sanctions applied will the benefits agency treat them the same as everybody else, especially those that have been forced to work while suffering from terminal illnesses or other debilitating illnesses the total deaths so for attributed to these vicious decisions is around 10,000 or will"special" provision be made to exclude them and live expense free courtesy of the good people of the UK

Google Ads
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Crisis, what crisis?

Look at it this way, if the government decided it wanted to decimate it's own people and the whole country broke out into some sort of civil war or something much akin to The Purge films then i'd be getting the fook out of here by any means necessary and head to somewhere far away, which is exactly what the asylum seekers are doing, they're fleeing from a place where it's almost certain they'll be killed and risking their lives to get somewhere it's safe, they have a "get there or die trying" attitude because as i say, they'll be killed otherwise anyway, and why we aren't opening up the tunnels and saying "come on in*" (*if only for a brief period of time until domestic troubles are resolved) is beyond me.

let's scale it down, if your work colleague or neighbour down the road was in a very abusive relationship and wanted somewhere to stay for a couple of nights for some respite and to allow the authorities time to intervene and sort the situation out, you wouldn't close your door on them and turn them away, would you?

Last edited by j_demo; 5th Sep 2015 8:09pm.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Let them all in as we can't fly the england flag, we do nothing on st George's day anyway and theres no jobs to go round the people living here now, I can see people who pay bedroom tax being told they have to put them up in the room. We can't feed or find homes for the people here now so whats 1000 to 30,000 more.

Forum Master
Forum Master
I just don't like to think what UK going to be like in as little as Five years time or less. Definitely not the England etc that all those men and women gave their lives for in the world war 1and 2 and subsequent conflicts. Was it worth it lads when now so many want to hand it over to whoever. God bless the Heros ,we don't have them anymore...

j_demo #960477 5th Sep 2015 9:22pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by j_demo
Crisis, what crisis?

One of your posts, just recently was: "*attempted terrorist attack on french train.

Also, typical frenchies running away and hiding."

That was in connection to the foiled attack on the French train in the last couple of weeks.

So you are confusing things. If all the Brits had run away from UK in the last world war, what do you think might have happened ? No one to make the armoury, grow the food, care for the animals, keep the home fires burning.

Your example of someone in a bad relationship is hardly a good one.
If your girlfriend would happen to be raped by one of these thousands of single male asylum seekers, would you still think the same way ? Casper made a post earlier on this topic, drawing attention to the volume of males who will have nothing to engage in, and which could be a situation that can lead to many unsavoury issues.
Also where are these thousands of single men about to get their women from ???? Think about it ! It won't be their own.

Have you seen the news in the last couple of days j-demo ? Does it not concern you at all ?

As an addition, they don't use condoms either, so there could be a massive baby boom. Then they are here to stay, father of the child and all that, afterwards they will bring the wife of one their arranged marriages and maybe another couple of wives too ! It is all possible.

Last edited by granny; 5th Sep 2015 9:32pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian

I feel desperately sorry for all people who are genuine refugees but you cant fit one half the world into the other . The only thing that will really help, is for more countries to pour money into making protected havens WHERE people are , in their places of origin .Britain has contributed most in this way already. Spend more money on loads of trained up immigration staff from all over the EU and get these holding camps sorted into genuine refugees and 'others' . That will stop the terrible disasters en route and squalor of camps on arrival.

Yes , the EU have been too stupidly lax on immigration ,and despite our laws, we too have failed to keep tabs on who comes in to the UK. Cameron although I dont like a lot of his policies, has stood firm--ish till yesterday when he caved in to public emotion In my heart Im thrilled that some more people will be safe and settled, but if I look unemotionally at the situation, my head is troubled as to the future .

I listened to news yesterday when grateful refugees arriving in Austria were saying it was wonderful. and they were now saving to bring across their parents and rest of the family . Where will it stop? If the UK remains a soft touch to people from abroad, there will be nothing to stop them coming here once in EU countries and finding the UK benefits are more desirable. Doesnt that ring alarm bells with even the most compassionate of people? As for an open door policy that some are advocating ....

Bristol are encouraging their inhabitants to take in lots of refugees . Do they seriously think that could work for very long before the 'new' residents start wanting to improve their lot and have their own homes? They already have a 13,0000 waiting list for housing .
Just how long will it be before the folk who are showing such kindness and understanding to refugees today, will suddenly wake up and notice their sons and daughters are at the bottom of a long housing list ,while foreign immigrant families flourish at the top, that their kids education is slowed as classes get bigger and funds are used up on one to one English help for foreign speaking children. How will they feel when council tax will be made higher to cope with the increased work of suddenly enlarged local populations .Will they accept each job their kid goes for will have many more applicants, and instead of having a better chance of having a Dr's appointment within a day, how will they feel if their own child or grandchild dies of something because they cant get a Drs appointment for a week, or their elderly parent dies because the NHS can no longer fund everyones operations once they are older. Only today we heard that the NHS is withdrawing life saving drugs from the 'allowed' list .

Quite apart from all those problems , Im worried that IS is so organized and clever, that in order to achieve their end, of enforcing their faith everywhere , they are going to employ Trojan Horse tactics . We already dont know who we have in , we will soon have high numbers of recruitable young males , ripe for conversion to IS cause if they are not that way inclined already.
I fear we are sleepwalking into disasterous conflicts in our own country in the not to distant future if we dont get a proper grip .

I also think a lot of the information about the state of the immigrants certainly at Calais , are just not very accurate.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=114_1438657699

The quality of this video is crappy, it keeps stopping and starting , but I watched it to the end and it to some extent backs up the impression many people have that many of these 'refugees' are really just pushing their luck . .
This vid is about one group of 10 good hearted French people ,who as well as cooking one meal for 800 jungle type camp migrants a day , also distribute food parcels other folk have shipped in. This made me think of that website you put up Granny where people were crowd funding to make food and goodies trips to Calais. If their experience is like these peoples, it will be one disorganized disaster after another.
The first trip distribution trip the vid folk make is mayhem with migrants taking more than their share and the distribution ending up totally random and hijacked, and the next trip being halal tinned ravioli with ringpull tops. These'starving' migrants were suitably grateful--- NOT -- they rejected them because the tins were 3 mths passed the BB date . Even thought the distributing lady ate loads to show them it was harmless , they would have none of it and accused them of giving them inferior foods.

Forum Master
Forum Master
I agree with you Venice,self preservation has to kick in ,but sadly I think it's all too late.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
I think Mrs Merkel is making a good move - for Germany. Look good and lead the way in compassion --lots of Brownie points-- say youll take in endless refugees from everywhere - knowing that you can then take your pick of the crop to fill your employment holes , especially skilled Syrians, and then the rest who dont fit your bill and so do less well , will gradually drift away to easier lifestyles with better benefits . Who will end up with those people who need more support? Yup

Forum Master
Forum Master
Sorry Granny missed you out there, agree with you too . You and Venice spelling it out how it will end up, bravo..

j_demo #960482 5th Sep 2015 10:57pm
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Quote j demo "why we aren't opening up the tunnels and saying "come on in*" (*if only for a brief period of time until domestic troubles are resolved) is beyond me. "

Id be with you if one could guarantee it WAS just a brief period of time - but do you honestly believe thats likely . Conflicts can go on ad infinitum. Look at the American Civil war - if you'd hosted half the most vulnerable in the South , you'd have been waiting to send them back for 20 years !

Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Looking at the ratio of males to females and children it shows that the Birkenhead Drill doesn't happen in their eyes.

For that quantity of men to flee from the country and leave the women and children behind is appalling, these are definitely not the types we should be helping and I'm surprised at the Germans accepting that.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Forum Master
Forum Master
I also think we are being manipulated by the press, I have read three different accounts about the deaths of the family of the little boy found dead on the beach at Bodrum, Sky states after an interview with the relatives in Canada, that originally money was sent so the father could get his teeth done, but they decided to use the money to get to Europe were the treatment would be free, the father says the boat overturned and he watched them swept away, then at another interview he says he held them in his arms and the little boy said don't die daddy, other reports say there was only them in an inflatable dinghy that they had bought, so who knows what the truth is, it is still heartbreaking that those kids lost their lives, but the sad truth is the blame lays squarely on the fathers shoulders, who it is said had a job in Turkey and a place to live, so the family was in no immediate danger, as an after thought how many men /women have drowned trying to save their loved ones here, because that's what most people would do with their last breath, I know it sounds terrible but I think the story stinks of manipulation by the press.

casper #960500 6th Sep 2015 8:36am
Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by casper
I also think we are being manipulated by the press, I have read three different accounts about the deaths of the family of the little boy found dead on the beach at Bodrum, Sky states after an interview with the relatives in Canada, that originally money was sent so the father could get his teeth done, but they decided to use the money to get to Europe were the treatment would be free, the father says the boat overturned and he watched them swept away, then at another interview he says he held them in his arms and the little boy said don't die daddy, other reports say there was only them in an inflatable dinghy that they had bought, so who knows what the truth is, it is still heartbreaking that those kids lost their lives, but the sad truth is the blame lays squarely on the fathers shoulders, who it is said had a job in Turkey and a place to live, so the family was in no immediate danger, as an after thought how many men /women have drowned trying to save their loved ones here, because that's what most people would do with their last breath, I know it sounds terrible but I think the story stinks of manipulation by the press.

The media is definitely focussing on the tragedies of the comparatively few women and children. Most of the footage we see is of women holding babies or kids crying, while the hoards of young, fit men seem to get conveniently ignored.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Having looked last night at various data etc. related to Syrian asylum seekers, it shows that there are less % of teenagers i.e. 12-17 year old than another group, and in that figure, less females than males. With that thought in mind, it seemed obvious from the reports given in the last few days, that there is definitely a lack of teenage girls (not sure about males, as it's more difficult to tell them apart) which seems to be a very strange situation.

After looking at what has happened in Syria, images and reports of atrocities against women, from the Arab newspapers etc. I must admit, many of these people may well be traumatised beyond belief. Kurds have nowhere, no identity to move on. It's really heart breaking to think what most could have experienced, and here is nothing they can do in the country they live, other than wait for slaughter (it would seem)
However, there are many who are not Syrian and one wonders if Germany will grant them asylum too or reject them to keep the numbers lower.
Last year Germany took about 100,000 and more than half the applications were rejected. Do these people get sent home, or left to drift ? I don't know.
Why can't the US take any asylum seekers/refugees. They could count themselves as part of the problem.

It's all very scary and at the same time, I suppose we cannot cast these people aside. We have to take the chances and hope we manage it well enough.

This morning, it looks as if military action is on the agenda in the region, and therefore what is happening is to be expected.
BBC have just announced 15,000 refugees to come here, but I think that's a figure the media have just plucked from the air. Which is basically how they make their headlines and reactions....every time !
Much as Palemoon said
Casper, the family who died were Syrian kurd's and their plight is so different as explained in the link

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-34141716

For many years, Syria denied its Kurdish population citizenship and Kurds were regarded as stateless by the authorities. A decree in 2011 allowed some to apply for citizenship but others were ineligible and many were forced to flee before they could apply.

The Kurdis had been living in Damascus until the early stages of the Syrian conflict in late 2011. When the violence in the city escalated, they relocated back to Makharij village, 25km outside the northern town of Kobane.

When Kobane became a flashpoint in the conflict between Kurdish fighters and Islamic State militants in late 2014, the family fled along with tens of thousands of others for Turkey. But while crossing Turkey's open border gave them refuge, it did not give them status.

Last edited by granny; 6th Sep 2015 9:57am.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Last year Germany took about 100,000 and more than half the applications were rejected. Do these people get sent home, or left to drift ? I don't know.

They will head for the uk,
Most of them will end up here,Am sure this will be a never ending issue now, hundreds more will try to get into other countries.

As for the migrants comming to the UK,who is going to find them houses or flats ??? I thought we were struggling to find homes for our own homeless poeple????.
Also jobs where are they going to find work???

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,599 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,922 Spotted!