WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (2 invisible), 9,805 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
I am trying hard NOT to believe there is a God ( that is a Creator of all that we see in the world and the universe)

1) "In the beginning GOD created...."

or

2) "In the beginning nothing created a big bang and from the ensuing destruction everything evolved..."

From position 1)religions spring forth with there varying degrees of nonsense

From position 2) scientists spring forth with there varying degrees of nonsense

Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
We are all our own Gods and our own religion, it is us that chastise ourselves, it is us that forgive ourselves, it is us that praise ourselves. If others chastise, forgive or praise us it means a little but its not until it happens in our own heart that it is a success.

Some people need an external focus to help achieve this, if that helps them, so be it but to extend that external focus into being a super-being is avoidance of our own responsibilities.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
We are all our own Gods and our own religion, it is us that chastise ourselves, it is us that forgive ourselves, it is us that praise ourselves. If others chastise, forgive or praise us it means a little but its not until it happens in our own heart that it is a success.

Some people need an external focus to help achieve this, if that helps them, so be it but to extend that external focus into being a super-being is avoidance of our own responsibilities.

There is one God and you are right , God is in all of us .. God is the spirit and the soul. How else would we have the emotions you list above ? They are not physical they are spiritual and come from energy. We are energy, the energy stays when our body dies. Our souls form an image of the person we become. Our brains allow us to operate and see into the future. e.g. you can know what your plans are for next week or maybe next year. It is an energy that is guided as are all of our emotions. None of it physical. The only physical is the human shape. We could be any shape but we have been given this beautiful form and the ability to love and feel love. That in turn creates the most beautiful energy and new life to continue the cycle. Our whole life is driven by spiritual energy from within, not physical. We are given choices in life, and paths to follow. What puts the choices in place ? Some people can't forgive themselves, and some people can never give themselves praise. We are not accidents ,we are energy, created into a perfect physical form. Therefore, there had to be a creator of origin.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Of course we are accidents, the whole of the genetic development process is created by damage, some work some don't, some become dominant, others don't.

We are nothing but a chemical engine, biology is chemical processes that pertain to life, life is a chain of chemical reactions.

We don't die because our mind stops working, we die because the chemical process is no longer working.

The criteria for life does not include a requirement for a mind because its a non-existent entity.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Well my friend, you may have been an accident, and I don't know what shape you are, but I was definitely 'created' in my mothers womb, and a more beautiful specimen you will never meet.

Human without a mind, is a cabbage !

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
DD " the whole of the genetic development process is created by damage,...."

Problem I have with that is when we see damage to the generic--we end up with weaker less fit and able. Take human beings--we have the fittest having to take care of those with physical deformities. This seems counter to the "evolution" idea

Smartchild
Smartchild
Help is on the way

Attached Images
Dumb or Dumber.jpg
venice Offline OP
Forum Guardian
OP Offline
Forum Guardian
Quote Granny
"Tell me why, when someone dies and Wiki members often make a post on reflection , do they often write RIP ? That could indicate that the deceased may not RIP. and there has to be something afterwards ! I always find that expression fairly naff."

R.I.P --Its not wishing you all the best on your demise incase theres something dodgy possibly on its way for you ! In my opinion its a reflection on the harshness of THIS life , and an assurance to a friend, aquaintance etc , that now this time on earth is over , you WILL rest in peace because nothing can now harm or bother you ever again. Daft in one way I suppose as you're not speaking to anything but I think its more to reassure ourselves.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by granny
Human without a mind, is a cabbage !

Precisely, a cabbage is a living thing. While a cabbage doesn't have a distinct brain, it does have "thought" just on a different level to ours.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by fish5133
DD " the whole of the genetic development process is created by damage,...."

Problem I have with that is when we see damage to the generic--we end up with weaker less fit and able. Take human beings--we have the fittest having to take care of those with physical deformities. This seems counter to the "evolution" idea

Not at all, its the damage that gives change, the change occasionally is a forward development, otherwise we would still be single cell creatures.

The human development from a single cell creature wasn't programmed into the genetics of the single cell creature, it was brought about by faults/flukes/damage occurring.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Venice you missed the primary quote , I doubt any Muslim or Jew or Hindu or Buddhist would wish for RIP on their epitaph.

DD. How much thinking can one cabbage do ?? Are you talking about 'cabbage patch kids' ?
There is as yet nothing to rival the human brain, which was 10 trillion circuits packed into an area the size of a small cabbage

Dusty, which would be better a new brain or a head transplant ? Imagine being a brain in a jar and not being able to communicate . That is so cruel. They put Germans to death for such experiments, didn't they ??

Last edited by granny; 21st Aug 2015 10:09pm.

~Chief Seattle
Smartchild
Smartchild
"They put Germans to death for such experiments didn't they"??
Only a token few, as I am sure you know, and their notes went to South America with the many that had assisted escape.The piece was in today's Mail.
I am guilty of RIP, I will in future just put I hope Time Team don't find you.IHTTDFY.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
raftl

Just one more point to be raised about the contents of the bible.

For long enough, the bible has been trashed for various reasons. One of them being the account of the number of Jews who left Egypt. Commonly know as the 'Exodus from Egypt'.
According to the account 2.5 million came out of Egypt, which by today's standards no longer seems to be such a false figure and is accepted now as perfectly possible!
Many of todays experiences can be used to quantify passages of the bible, we should not dismiss what we don't understand. It simply makes us more ignorant than we appear to be.

Anyway,that's it from me on this subject now. Had enough, and I am still waiting for someone to explain to me that Jesus did not exist, with examples of why He didn't, that the bible is all hocus pocus, and that we don't have life after death. So far, nobody has convinced one curly hair on my head for the onward march of the non believers.

Much as Paxvobiscum said, an inner peace is present and helps us through our daily lives to cope with our problems.
For myself, I know a loving power is there, and at times it wraps around like a comfort blanket, helping us cope from one trauma to another.

If anyone wishes to knock that and call it a 'figment of imagination', carry on because without a belief in God I would not have that inner peace to cope. Instead, I and others would be pill popping on a massive scale !

Time for Coffee and cakes now. smile

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by granny
I know a loving power is there

Look at the state of the World, the number of innocent people, children and babies suffering through war, famine, poverty, bullying, crime etc etc.

"Loving" would hardly be the word to describe this ghostly super-being would it!

But its nice to have someone else to blame for all this suffering isn't it wink

Smartchild
Smartchild
When you find that inner peace, heaven on earth. I think Jesus did exist as flesh and bone just like the rest of us (unless you have had your Knee hip etc. done)Feeding the five thousand was achieved by showing the throngs of hoarders how to share for the betterment of all. The meek do inherit the earth six foot by four of it.You dont have to believe to be saved but don't be meek about it.
The new World order is around the corner, God will not intervene.

Page 11 of 12 1 2 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,288 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,423 Spotted!