In 1946 the third o'clock gun was installed at Morpeth dock, at that time one of the earlier cannons was moved to Bidston Hill Observatory for display purposes and stayed there for a number of years.
The third gun was a 6 pounder Hotchkiss which is nothing like the earlier cannons, the barrel is more like those seen on traditional submarines.
One of the earlier cannons is now at the Maritime Museum in Liverpool.
That leaves the question of where did the cannon that is now at Morpeth Dock come from? Was that the other of the earlier cannons or just a random cannon mounted to represent the earlier cannons.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. George Orwell
When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates