Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,315
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
5 members (1 invisible), 9,835 guests, and 408 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Forum Master
Forum Master
Good point granny who will take us? I feel this country is being swallowed up by the dross of other countries, or perhaps it just appears that way, or is it me that interprets it wrongly eg; it appears that the majority of offences of a sexual nature committed in the medical profession are carried out by Pakistani or Indian doctors or dentists, now I am not saying that is the case, but that is the way I perceive it, the illegals at Calais all seem to be young healthy men with a leaning toward violence to get what they want, and I shudder to think what they would be capable of if they are successful in getting here, or the amount of Poles convicted of motoring offences/ drink driving, if I am critical of certain groups because of their behaviour it does not mean I condemn the whole population of those countries, but by raising my concerns I will be accused of categorising people, racism or bigotory, yet others can walk around London wrapped in an Isis flag and nothing happens, no offence has been committed.
Anyhow back to Greece, I think the veiled threat about aid from Russia has been made in the hope it will influence the easing of the debt repayment, I don't think Russia is in a position to bail out Greece, although if it were possible Putin would jump at the chance to thumb his nose at Europe, in the unlikely event Russia did offer to bail them out I think Europe would back down and allow concessions.

Google Ads
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
I thought I heard on one of the channels that Putin was willing to keep Greece going financially for a while, if G undertook to vote against EU sanctions against Russia . Anyone else hear that? Can we presume then that to be of value to Russia, the sanctions must have to be agreed on by all members (as oppose to just a majority) and Greece could therefore kybosh them with a Veto ? That scenario would give Greece quite a powerful hand wouldnt it?

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Tsipras and Putin have had numerous meetings and conversations over the last few weeks.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=tsipras+meeting+with+Putin&tbm=nws

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by venice
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
And even the Americans realise that Germany is running Europe, how come our leaders don't seem to be worried about it? ...

Being a bit of a devils advocat here, but would it be such a bad thing for Germany to be accepted to take the lead in Europe?
Out of the EU countries, who would you rather trust a loan to? Who do you trust to efficiently manage motorways and transport ? Which country makes the cars we consider most reliable? Which of those countries would you like to entrust your EU taxes to , to ensure it's used properly ? If you like an orderly lifestyle , who is going to do it better?

On the surface there is nothing wrong with what you are saying BUT .....

Germany are managing to keep a lid on a lot of things that are going on .....

The media we get would have you believe that the east-west integration is all done and dusted and gone very smoothly, however if you go to East Germany you will find a completely different picture, it is a two class country, the economic integration has barely happened in many places and there is a huge amount of resentment. Did West Germany just take over East Germany to provide a labour force, is that what they would like other countries to be?

The German Nazi/Fascist/neos etc are alive and active but this has been capped over somehow - you look at the German political parties and they have fluffified names (Christian this that or the other), and are centre-right, centre left etc - there are no far-right parties. There are numerous far-right organisations (eg Pegida) with plenty of followers but no far right political parties.

Its just too soon since WW1/WW2 for Germany to be in a position of power. I'm not sure about this next bit but I think Germany is still forbidden to take an active combat military role and are supposed to only be in peace-keeping roles, if so, this has already been broken in Afganistan.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Forum Master
Forum Master
The Bundeswehr is at the moment underfunded and below strength, apparently defence spending has been cut to allow payments to be made that are owed to NATO for the defence of Germany during the cold war, conscription ended in 2011 and they now have a professional army numbering around 180,000 their professionalism has been heavily criticized along with their reluctance to become involved in the various disputes that are going on, good init seeing as we are being told we must spend more on our defence budget.

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
It seems that Greece is stalling for time. Is it possible that they are waiting on a reply from Russia, on the new bank called Brics, to give them a lone. OR, Russia will negotiate with China and China will give support.

I believe he's making deals somewhere, but these things take time and really unless there are huge trading agreements or something other with or involving Russia, it would only be a sticking plaster .

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Russian Gas pipeline to Europe via Turkey and Greece....

USA don't want that. Read the linked news articles.

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=russian+gas+to+europe+via+greece

~Chief Seattle
Forum Master
Forum Master
It probably depends on the amount and the period of time the Russians are willing to commit to, a route through Turkey could also give problems from the alleged Islamic state fanatics, always on the lookout to attack anything that will cause harm to the infidel or his economy, but I think the Greeks have something up their sleeve, maybe a last minute ace will be produced.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
There are going to be fewer jobs in Greece and lower paid. The best thing the Greeks can do is play the Germans at their own rules - go to Germany, take German jobs and take German money.

There is a risk of mass exodus from Greece to the UK, after all we are still the handout capital of Europe.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Rioting in the streets by tonight I reckon .

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
What the answer is, goodness knows, but it would seem that the only way it's going to work is if Greece privatises it's assets.

How strange, now isn't that similar to every other country in the EU ? Which just goes to show how we are all being manipulated and told what to do in the name of Europe by the powers of Europe, and eventually all countries will be in the same predicament and another continent will be yielding all the profit. 'The Great European Sell Out'. Europe will be the workforce and if it doesn't happen that way, then it will no doubt be because of a massive conflict, eventually. Is it going to be that every time there is financial crisis for any member 'state',(notice the word 'State') more assets have to be sold off ?
Member states are supposed to be united, working as a unity, I've never heard so much clap trap. It's only Germany that intend it to be that way, for the benefit of and because they are terrified the Israelis will get too far advanced and steel their promised glory from under their noses. All planned, rigged and just about executed.
Then of course there could be an Arab/Israeli war on European territory.

One day, some of you may look back just like those who served in the 2 world wars and ask 'what was it all for' ?? That is when it will be too late, and there won't be any answers .

Probably talking absolute sh1t, but who cares anymore ? Say what you want, there might not be too many more opportunities to do so, the way freedom of speech is being eroded/controlled.

Rant, rant ,rant,.........

Last edited by granny; 13th Jul 2015 10:50pm.

~Chief Seattle
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Greece had to do the same in 2011 too. They can't have much left really. Poor buggers. Merkel has got what she wanted.... that being 'her very own way' yet again !

http://www.businessinsider.com/greek-assets-sale-2011-5?IR=T

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I've been looking at the Greek finances quite a bit today, there are some very frightening figures that show how Greece are being manipulated.

To pay the interest on its loans, Greece only has to pay 2.6% of its GDP which is hardly enough to bankrupt a state. It is only a small amount more than Germany or France pay, and it is less that Portugal, Spain, Italy and Ireland. Furthermore, this figure is likely to drop to 2% of GDP this year.

Greece is being forced to run a surplus of 4.5% of GDP which is a joke when countries like France haven't run a surplus for decades (since 1971?). A much more sensible target is between 3% and 3.5% which was the case until the Greek referendum, the extra 1%-1.5% is punishment for the referendum.

Some of Greece's assets have already been taken as surety in the last bailout, these must be massive as the interest alone (which Greece receives in order to make loan repayments) is massive.

While Greece has got itself in a mess, someone else is also twisting the knife.

granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Apparently, although we the UK are not part of this, we have been told we have to pay £1 billion towards the loan as an interim payment, prior to the CBE getting the bailout sorted. Now that means that although we are not part of the Eurozone, anything can be ripped up and shredded in an instance. So much for official documents and Sovereignty.

Last edited by granny; 14th Jul 2015 12:12am.

~Chief Seattle
granny Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master

~Chief Seattle
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,215 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,297 Spotted!