Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,879 guests, and 427 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Old Hand
Old Hand
Was this the same lot ?
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-merseyside-32942544

Machine gun the buggers.

Google Ads
Smartchild
Smartchild
Protesters My arse. A gang of mindless thugs that need locking up, bet your so proud eh rude.

RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by beehive
bet your so proud eh rude.
Ridiculous comment beehive.

I support the 'community' aspect of the Love Activists- the sharing of food, water and other essential resources and the setting up of a camp. I also support their idea of highlighting the issue of homelessness in the City and embarrassing Ego Joe.

Like the majority of people I would be disgusted by these reported actions, IF they were indeed TRUE.

I was not there,so I do not know what actually happened. I have read the reports in the mainstream media. I have also read posts from the activists involved. The two accounts do not match.

Here is a recent post:

Protesters have always been demonised, I know this, but the actions and lies carried out by the Major, local council and local press are absolutely repulsive, the 'ball' was not in honour of James Bulger, or any charity for that matter, it was a celebration of Joe Anderson's 3rd year as Mayor of Liverpool, the tickets and event details did not mention anything other than the Labour party and some fundraising, I'd just like to clear a few things up; there were no banners to be hurled, we got about 3 foot into the hallway, we didn't make it into the actual room that they were celebrating in, no banners, no exhibition no photo's of children.
The staff and security who work in the hotel along with labour party candidates and members attacked us, activsts, including women, were dragged to the floor by several men at a time, hair dragged, bitten and kicked.
No windows were smashed, nothing was broken and we left after the management told us to, Joe and the media have begun a hateful smear campaign against us, there are no photos or evidence of any sort to prove their allegations, the CCTV shows us being assaulted whilst shouting 'Joe must go.'
We had no idea that the event had realation to that poor boy, and if you think that I, or any of my friends involved would sabotage something in his honour then you clearly know nothing about me as a person and my morals, this is what they do to those who help others, this is what they do to those with a voice, those who promote change, and actively work against a system which kills and hurts so many people.
We will be releasing our own press statement very soon, one which isn't bias, one which has truth to it.
If the Echo or BBC do not alter their trash then legal action will be getting carried out.
The rich protect and serve the rich, and to twist the events which occurred on Friday into the light it has is both sick and evil.

I am awaiting the L.A Press Release and some photos that paint a different picture.
I wonder why the Echo did not print pictures of the damage and the banners that were thrown at the Ball attendees.(allegedly)

RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Copy and Paste (facebook)

Joe's got form for this. In 2011 he told The Echo he had been punched and kicked by protesters as he entered the Town Hall. The Echo reported this as fact. Unfortunately for Joe, a man filmed the incident which showed Joe not being punched or kicked and having no more done to him than a few shouts opposing the cuts he was implementing on behalf of his Tory friends.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
So they're calling Joe a liar. Well they would, wouldn't they, and they may well be right in many respects - I'm not here to defend him, don't know enough about him tbh. But in denying any this happened, they are calling Denise, mother of James Bulger, a liar as well.

Denise Fergus, James’s mother, said that in the struggle the activists even picked up a publicity banner for the event with James’s face on it and tried to use it as a battering ram to get in.

She also said a friend of hers was punched twice in the face in the mayhem.

Denise said: “It was disgusting. They could see what the dinner was for. James’s picture was there for everybody to see.

“We were so grateful for Joe Anderson for choosing our charity and we felt so sorry for him when this all happened. His face looked dreadful.

“These activists might think they have got a point, but what could they get from trying to wreck this special night.”

(source: http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/james-bulgers-mother-devastated-love-9359701 )

As for not knowing there was a connection to the James Bulger memorial fund, if that really is the case they need to research more thoroughly before they stage their protests. It's a charity ball, it's ALWAYS a charity ball. It's clearly stated on Joe Anderson's own website that proceeds will split between charity and campaign fund (this again is always the case), and this year's nominated charity is the James Bulger Memorial Trust. (found this in 2 minutes of Googling, so not hard to find)

All this completely destroys any shred of credibility they might have had.

RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Something is fishy!!

Lots of conflicting statements. I would like to see CCTV footage from the Hotel.

RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Why did the Echo focus on the Fergus/ Bulger angle? They know that the terrible murder of James is still such an emotive issue.

Why not

'Home Bargains Posh Dinner Ruined' or 'Blacklisters Carrillion Meal With Mayor Disrupted'?

Clearly, the Activists were unaware (for whatever reason)that the Fergus/ Bulger family would be in attendance.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Still in denial then ?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
******* Press release 31st May 2015 @LoveActivistsMerseyside *******
Media enquiries to 07528194137
@LoveActivistsMerseyside Statement on Mayor’s Third Anniversary Event
@LoveActivistsMerseyside were approached by black hackney cab drivers to assist them to peacefully protest against the ‘the Mayor’s third anniversary business dinner and charity auction’- (this is directly quoted from the Eventbrite page ‘Mayor Anderson will celebrate his third year in office at the Titanic Hotel & Rum Warehouse on 29th May 2015. Mayor Anderson will reflect upon another year of unprecedented budget cuts from central government and why, despite the tough decisions that have had to be taken, Liverpool must still seek to establish itself as a thriving, forward looking world city. The evening will begin with a drinks reception before guests take their place for a three course dinner, Mayor Anderson will then make his address and the formal part of the evening will close with live music. Proceeds from the night will be split between local charities and Mayor Anderson’s campaign fund.’
This event was held on Friday 29th May 2015 held at the Titanic Hotel, Liverpool. This contact from the black hackney drivers was made with the @LoveActivistsMerseyside through withheld telephone calls, we had not agreed to take part in this peaceful protest. Then late on Friday evening at 9.30pm, one of the black hackney cab drivers turned up at our new camp outside the Echo Arena building at about 9.30pm, telling us that black hackney taxis were ready to take us to the Titanic Hotel to help them with their protest.
A number of @LoveActivistsMerseyside got into the awaiting three black cabs, we were told this was a Labour Party event in the Titanic Hotel, we arrived at the Titanic Hotel at about 10.10pm. Our intention was to disrupt the event, as Mayor Joe Anderson have failed to respond to our request for a meeting or our list of demands issued on the 29th April 2015. We were met by the ‘Joe must go van’. We walked to the front and entrance to the Titanic Hotel and entered through the front door to very little resistance. We then tried to enter into the Banqueting room, just beside the lobby area, where we were obstructed by Titanic Hotel security staff and Labour Party members. Both Titanic Hotel security staff and Labour Party members were very aggressive towards us and assaulted around 10 of our members, pushing, shoving, punching and dragging us out of the Titanic Hotel, this aggression lasted just some 10 minutes. Those of our members, many of them women that were assaulted by security staff and Labour Party members have made reports to Merseyside Police.
@LoveActivistsMerseyside had no idea that the ‘the Mayor’s third anniversary business dinner and charity auction’ was a fundraising event for the James Bulger Memorial Trust, it was not publicly advertised as such on the eventbrite page or anywhere else as far as our research shows. We would never have engaged in this protest, if we knew that was the case.
@LoveActivistsMerseyside did not damage any building or property of the Titanic Hotel, nor did we hurl anything at any person in the Titanic Hotel. We did not damage any banners or posters. We did not see any banners or posters.
@LoveActivistsMerseyside apologises to the James Bulger Memorial Trust, the Bulger family and Denise Fergus in particular for the disruption at this event. If we had known it was a fundraising event for the James Memorial Trust, we would not have undertaken this protest, we would not have gone to the Titanic Hotel. We apologise wholeheartedly.
Below are some direct quotes from @LoveActivistsMerseyside
‘@LoveActivistsMerseyside know that Major Joe Anderson would try and quash our growing yet peaceful movement. We never dreamed they would use such dirty tactics as this.’
‘As a homeless person I cannot believe Mayor Joe Anderson would use the name of James Bulger, to crush us, shame on him, he does not like is, because the homeless have risen and are fighting back, we will not go away, whatever he throws at us.’
‘We the @LoveActivistsMerseyside visited the third anniversary party of Mayor Joe Anderson. We went completely peaceful and lawful to be met with sheer violence and complete brutality from Labour Party members and supporters. Mayor Joe Anderson did not advertise which charities would be at the event. On Friday night Mayor Joe Anderson stamped all over our humans rights of peaceful assembly.’
‘It comes to something when those who protect and help the needy and homeless are attacked and violated with such lies and viciousness. Our community is strong and instilled with love and with love we will continue.’
‘I always knew politics was a dirty game, but I am truly saddened and in a way shocked the fact the Mayor of this city is using such a emotional heart wrenching situation to tarnish people who have dared to stand against him. Those who know me know I would never show such levels of disrespect, the event we attended was a third year anniversary of Joe being in power, the fund raiser Joe talks of was also to raise money for his political campaign. There was no violence or criminal damage committed by the Love Activists, but there was a lot of harm injury and loss that the Love Activists received from Labour members and supporters.’
Background - @LoveActivistsMerseyside
We continue to provide food, shelter, clothing, love and support to a number of homeless people of Merseyside. This action is supported by activists on site and the wider community of activists across Merseyside and beyond. Everyday new homeless people approach us for support and their stories are as tragic, sad, amazing and as full of courage as your imagination will allow. Everyday a proactive team provide food and warm drinks to those homeless people still on the streets from 10pm-1am. We see homeless people increasing night by night.
We occupied the formed Bank of England in Castle Street, Liverpool from the 18th April 2015 until we were forcibly removed on the 12th May 2015. Then on the 22nd May 2015 we set up a @LoveActivistsMerseyside tent city at the Pierhead, Liverpool as Major Joe Anderson was cleansing homeless people from the Liverpool City Centre in preparation for the three Queens event at the Pierhead, Liverpool over the Bank Holiday weekend. Due to very bad weather conditions from the River Mersey, we left the Pierhead and set up a new camp outside the Echo Arena on the 28th May 2015, where we remain.
We re-state our original ‘Statement of Intent & demands’ below. Austerity and the cuts to services have direct consequences on the poorest and most vulnerable in our communities. The North West of England is most severely affected by austerity and the cuts. The UK is the 6th richest country in the world, these cuts are not necessary. There are many more years of austerity and cuts to come.
@LoveActivistsMerseyside
@LoveActivistsMerseyside
Statement of Intent
We make this document a Statement of Intent regarding @LoveActivistsMerseyside peaceful protest in Liverpool.
The intentions are as follows to feed, cloth and help all those who seek it and for the local community to help resource this project.
We intend to use any building or tent city for the community, to inspire a feeling of community, which is lacking.
We do this in direct response to a local council and government who are lacking in their efforts to help those in need and in fact, the local Council and government seem intent on making matters worse for the people by putting more and more austerity measures in place.
We wish by the direct action of occupying an empty unused building and/or land and using said building and/or land to provide certain needs for the street people or for that matter anyone else who needs to use what is provided by donations, which come from the local community.
We intend to live in peace and harmony with our local community and will resolve any issues, which are brought to our attention.
@LoveActivistsMerseyside
@LoveActivistsMerseyside
Our demands are as follows:
1. We demand Mayor Joe Anderson meets with us before the end of this week
2. We demand the Merseyside Labour councils and Joe Anderson Mayor rejects the cuts and says no to austerity and no to the cuts. We are suffering 'Enuf is Enuf' - we and they need sanctuary.
3. We demand all of the homeless we have been supporting, helping to provide a sense of worth and belonging are re-housed immediately.
4. We demand Social Services and Mental Health Services undertake rapid assessments of those we are supporting, they are very vulnerable.
5. We have learned the drug and alcohol rehabilitation services are underfunded and unsupported, with long waiting lists, cuts to funding. These services must be well resourced and protected. We say no to privatisation.
6. The voices of the homeless must be heard and their requests must be actioned and they must be treated as equals.
7. We have also learned that the Homeless Provision in Merseyside is at breaking point, we have been working with the Whitechapel Centre in particular and will continue with that positive relationship.
8. We demand that the first step to recovery for those with addition issues is a roof over their heads, this is a priority over their recovery.
9. We would also like to thank the community, unions and businesses of Liverpool and further afield for their generous support in solidarity of our direct action to occupy the Bank of England - we have only got this far with that support.
10. We continue to peacefully resist our removal from the Occupied Bank until our demands are met in full.
In peace and solidarity @LoveActivistsMerseyside

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
"Both Titanic Hotel security staff and Labour Party members were very aggressive towards us and assaulted around 10 of our members, pushing, shoving, punching and dragging us out of the Titanic Hotel, this aggression lasted just some 10 minutes".

mad Oh dear, poor darlings ! Little Jamie and his family suffered a lot more.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Originally Posted by granny
"Both Titanic Hotel security staff and Labour Party members were very aggressive towards us and assaulted around 10 of our members, pushing, shoving, punching and dragging us out of the Titanic Hotel, this aggression lasted just some 10 minutes".

Exactly my thoughts Granny.

RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by snowhite
Originally Posted by granny

Exactly my thoughts Granny.
Why did the Echo focus on the Fergus/ Bulger angle? They know that the terrible murder of James is still such an emotive issue.

Why not

'Home Bargains Posh Dinner Ruined' or 'Blacklisters Carrillion Meal With Mayor Disrupted'?

RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Fergus family high up on Ego Joes agenda

Attached Images
fat joe.jpg
RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
and yes, I do know that James charity is listed- but not captured.

Smartchild
Smartchild
Lol now they blame a taxi driver, oh my this gets better.

Instead of giving food and crap to these thugs why not help the genuine shelters that are around there, I deal with the genuine homeless every day / night around Liverpool. there very disappointed there getting painted With the same brush as them thugs.

Last edited by beehive; 1st Jun 2015 8:40am.
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am