WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
9 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 8,070 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hey Phil, thanks for you post and to hear of your good times with Woodside lodge. Your mention ( as well as the recent post from cools) of the Masonic ladies evening is a very positive one. I can echo that as my ladies evening was one of the best days ever for myself, family, friends and members of the lodge. We, like yourself have fond memories of those nights and think of them often. As you know ladies nights are something we do to recognise the support wives, partners and family provide to us as masons.

So sorry to hear of your sad news but Venice is right! Modern medicine is fantastic these days and I'm sure it will work for you and allow that quality time with family and friends as you need. Keep smiling and stay strong. Steve

Google Ads
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Regarding the earlier TLC Teddy Bear post it would be good to hear from anyone who may have received a teddy bear for their child whilst in Hospital?

Thanks in advance, Steve

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
What is Freemasonry?

Freemasonry is one of the world’s oldest secular fraternal societies. The following information is intended to explain Freemasonry as it is practised under the United Grand Lodge of England, which administers Lodges of Freemasons in England and Wales and in many places overseas.

Freemasonry is a society of men concerned with moral and spiritual values. Its members are taught its precepts (moral lessons and self-knowledge) by a series of ritual dramas - a progression of allegorical two-part plays which are learnt by heart and performed within each Lodge - which follow ancient forms, and use stonemasons’ customs and tools as allegorical guides.

Freemasonry instills in its members a moral and ethical approach to life: it seeks to reinforce thoughtfulness for others, kindness in the community, honesty in business, courtesy in society and fairness in all things. Members are urged to regard the interests of the family as paramount but, importantly, Freemasonry also teaches and practices concern for people, care for the less fortunate and help for those in need.

The Three Great Principles

Brotherly Love- Every true Freemason will show tolerance and respect for the opinions of others and behave with kindness and understanding to his fellow creatures.

Relief - Freemasons are taught to practice charity and to care - not only for their own - but also for the community as a whole, both by charitable giving and by voluntary efforts and works as individuals.

Truth - Freemasons strive for truth, requiring high moral standards and aiming to achieve them in their own lives. Freemasons believe that these principles represent a way of achieving higher standards in life.

I can only echo what Steve has said about Masonry on two fronts. The first thing is that my little boy nearly died in December 2011 in Arrows Park hospital and we spent that Christmas there. In the dark times my son clung to a little modest Teddy Bear that didn't cost much but had been donated by Cheshire Masons and meant so much to my son and his parents for the comfort it brought.I am glad to say my boy survived but it's a gesture I won't forget.
Secondly I've been a Mason for 10 years and can say how much it's brought to my life not least with the friendships I've made.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Tait1969 ,
Unfortunately, I still am not convinced that the Free Masons is just a society for 'men', a friendship group that does charitable work and buys teddies for hospitals, or where members are simply required to have spiritual values. A thousand and one other charitable organisations do much the same. Everything has been a secret for 400 yrs plus and suddenly , everything is out in the open ! What took so long if there is no under lying mystery ?

Quote "1) "The candidate is then conducted to the centre of the lodge, where he and the Senior Deacon kneel, and the Deacon says the following prayer ..."

Therefore if praying is part of a ceremony, "the act of praying proves that a religion is being performed."

Masonic Symbol-The Masonic Eye is symbolic of the Eye of God. It is the symbol of His Divine watchfulness and His ever present care of the universe.

The Free masons have an alter and Holy Book and just about every symbol is related to the Old Testament. A symbol of place of communion with the Supreme Architect of the Universe, who doesn't happen to be a Christian God. Is it the Jewish God or is it Ialdabaoath, that has been suggested many times before. As the Masons embrace 'all' world major religions is all this dutifully progressing to one World Order, as has also been mentioned many times before ? I suspect !

Quote "Today, as then, ...each of us must sacrifice ourselves up to the Great Architect, atone for our sins and only then, may we commune with Him ".

taken from the Masonic-lodge-of-eduation.com

Not having a pop at you Tait, just very interested to find out more.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
There seems to be strong Masonic references on the Great Seal of the U.S.A. which was created at the time of independence in 1776.
The pyramid, the seeing eye and the Latin "Annuit Coeptis" meaning "He has favoured our undertakings" (the 'He' is undefined) and "Novus Ordo Seclorum" usually translated as "A new Order for the Ages".
There is an interesting book, published in the 1980's, which purports to be an exposé of the Masonic movement, called "The Brotherhood".
I remember, many years ago when I was working as a builder, being asked by a potential client whether I was "on the square". I've always assumed that he was trying to find out if I was a Mason.
I've always assumed (as a non-Mason), that preference in any business would be by a Mason to another Mason.

Attached Images
2015-02-21 13-30-48_0083.jpg

Carpe diem.
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Worked for a Mason years back and he was asked to remove his masonic cufflinks in a council meeting discussing business with his firm. A good friend of mine was a vicar in a church which had a strong masonic influence and because he was opposed to it they forced him out. So he has nothing good to say about them

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Fish, so why is this the fault of the masons? Just because others don't know the facts and are naive enough to think and do such things is disappointing. It's nothing to do with masonry and more to do with people and their inaccurate and often I'll advised thinking.

I can assure you there are lots who do have good things to say and those that don't are in the minority!

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
my boss is a mason
great bloke

Does your vacuum suck? Get a Dyson!!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by chriskay
There seems to be strong Masonic references on the Great Seal of the U.S.A. which was created at the time of independence in 1776.
The pyramid, the seeing eye and the Latin "Annuit Coeptis" meaning "He has favoured our undertakings" (the 'He' is undefined) and "Novus Ordo Seclorum" usually translated as "A new Order for the Ages".
There is an interesting book, published in the 1980's, which purports to be an exposé of the Masonic movement, called "The Brotherhood".
I remember, many years ago when I was working as a builder, being asked by a potential client whether I was "on the square". I've always assumed that he was trying to find out if I was a Mason.
I've always assumed (as a non-Mason), that preference in any business would be by a Mason to another Mason.

Chris,It would appear that 'Illuminati ' have the same symbols .

The All-Seeing Eye or the Eye of Providence is the preeminent symbol and most widely recognized symbol of the Illuminati.

After doing a bit of piecing together, it is no secret that Illuminati and Freemasons have to be connected. This passage would confirm the activities of 'Illuminati'

"In subsequent use, "Illuminati" refers to various organisations which claim or are purported to have links to the original Bavarian Illuminati or similar secret societies, though these links are unsubstantiated. They are often alleged to conspire to control world affairs, by masterminding events and planting agents in government and corporations, in order to gain political power and influence and to establish a New World Order. Central to some of the most widely known and elaborate conspiracy theories, the Illuminati have been depicted as lurking in the shadows and pulling the strings and levers of power in dozens of novels, movies, television shows, comics, video games and music videos."

Illuminati Symbols

Illuminati money spells

The secret to making money are strong illuminati money spells

[Linked Image]

Attached Images
images.jpg
Last edited by granny; 21st Feb 2015 10:05pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Re an walruses post I would just like to say this - reading a prayer and someone/people praying are two different things! If someone happens to read a prayer - out of a book, off the Internet or similar does that make them religious? When most people (myself included) were at school they we're asked to repeat prayers - did that mean they were religious? Of course not and it doesn't neccesarily mean they are because they do!

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Reference to the illuninati and great seal of the USA/ American dollar. It's well known that books and films such as those written by Dan Brown (Davinci Code/ Angela & Demons) and the National Treasure - book of secrets all make reference to masonry. But are they true/accurate? Many of these books/ films and articles are written to pull people in and get people interested for a particular reason! It all makes for a good 'hook' as they say!

The thing is, as masons (and me personally) we just do what we do because we know it is doing good! It's not a bad / negative thing and it actually does make good men/ women better!

In this sense I will continue to be a mason and do my bit for society/ charity in the way we/ I do. I will leave others to the conspiracies and stories! Happy reading and piecing together!

Beginner
Beginner
There are many different reasons why people join the Freemasons - one of the main reasons is camaraderie. Many friendships made through Freemasonry endure for life, and lodge dinners which follow our formal meetings offer members the opportunity to enjoy each others' company in a more relaxed and informal environment.

Beginner
Beginner
Most importantly of all though, Freemasonry is all about enjoyment - if members didn't enjoy Freemasonry they would not remain part of the organisation in the way that they do.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
In fact, Dan Brown has absolutely nothing to do with my opinions or thoughts. Probably most others know his books to be mainly fantasy.

I was really looking at loads of information relating to Freemasons, where Illuminati and Freemasons were linked. Illuminati was/is real, and obviously Freemasons is still as real. So no mystery to that, and you cannot deny they use the same symbols. Absolutely nothing to do with Dan Brown.

Your reference to 'an walrus' (whatever that's supposed to mean, maybe someone else put that word in your head) and prayer. If part of ceremony is to read a prayer, there should be conviction behind that prayer, otherwise the commitment is fake and meaningless. So I assume that by admission, that is your position.
Definition of prayer = a solemn request for help or expression of thanks addressed to God or another deity.
Whichever deity it is, you are all adults and should not be behaving like school children. There again , most of Westminster behave like school children, shouldn't expect more from the minions should we ?

The Freemasons as a whole are hoping to change their reputation, but so far, the accusations and accounts against their operating is far greater. The internet is a great place for communication now. One wonders why so many feel the need to expose and we cannot deny,that many members of the organisation have themselves done some 'whistle blowing'

My questions have not really be answered although I suppose you have done your best on a basic level, so I hope you achieve your charitable aims and goals. Good luck Tait

Last edited by granny; 22nd Feb 2015 11:47am.

~Chief Seattle
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am