WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,363
Posts1,033,326
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
14 members (4 invisible), 10,066 guests, and 457 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#92860 4th Sep 2004 4:11pm
Smartchild
Smartchild
[Linked Image]

That's one hell of a sexy car,love the color and the apperance but i'm not sure i would pay that much for a car,you could buy a house for that price lol.
But if your dead set on it i say go for it you only live once enjoy it while you can.

Take care.Sal.

[Linked Image]

:go:

[Linked Image]
Google Ads
#92861 4th Sep 2004 4:58pm
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
mmm Scoob, would you like to buy me one of them? tease

Meesh hasnt Stuy got one? Not sure what model it is though...

#92862 4th Sep 2004 8:37pm
Veteran
Veteran
That is some beast mate, defo would turn some heads in that, would have some people with green eyes around..Even better with some one off graphics on it...

[Linked Image]
#92863 4th Sep 2004 9:15pm
Smartchild
Smartchild
thats well smart that scooby

[Linked Image]
#92864 4th Sep 2004 9:17pm
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally posted by maverick:
Even better with some one off graphics on it...
eek mav...are you mad! eek lol

i think graphics would just take the attention from the gorgeous paint, the white wheels make it stand out a lot with the dark paint

would be a crime to put any kind of graphics on there :rolleyes:

p.s this is Adam at vickys still lol

#92865 4th Sep 2004 10:00pm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally posted by GTI180:
One thing you have to be carefull of is that if you need these bad boys sorting out there is only 2 places that have the equipment being one in warrington that isnt very good and the main place in southampton. .

G
What about Middlehurst Nissan in St helens?

Phil

[Linked Image]
View my Car topic here: Thread here! Click me now!
Where the Italian Twins come out to play wink
#92866 4th Sep 2004 10:40pm
stuey's got an R32GTR hon

#92867 5th Sep 2004 10:25am
Addict
Addict
get yaself an Rx7 smile smile

[Linked Image]
Check out My Members Car Profile : Whitterz
#92868 5th Sep 2004 5:12pm
Wise One
Wise One
its an animal. i love it. y'know they have computers in those things to measure the G-force level?! Insane!

[Linked Image]

new msn/email: [email protected]
#92869 5th Sep 2004 5:49pm
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
i want to do a sex wee all over it!!!!sweet man

[Linked Image]
#92870 6th Sep 2004 9:54am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Despite mine being off the road more than its been on it lol, they are the daddies laugh

The R34 is the latest one, and the lower the number, the earlier the car. I have the R32, possibly the first one that really took off in the UK. Its the lightest of the 32, 33, and 34, and deffinatly the most interesting drive of the lot of them.

Motors vary, RB20DET - 2.0 single turbo, RB25DET 2.5 single turbo and RB26DETT 2.6 twin turbo - the GTR is also the only 4x4 one, the the R32 only goes 4x4 when the rear wheels lose traction, unlike the 33 and 34 which are perminant.

Bits, as Im finding out are expensive - mine is currently in London undergoing an engine rebuild (with a few funky parts wink ) and I cant wait to get her back smile

Performance is stunning! Not sure about the perminant 4x4 versions of the GTRs, but the 32 allows you to hang the back end out and hold it there as the 4x4 comes in, where as the later cars tend to understeer a little.

As for a 220 Coupe turbo having one, maybe it was just a GTR badge on a GTS wink

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
#92871 6th Sep 2004 10:26am
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Buy it Scoob or I will!! ha ha

#92872 6th Sep 2004 10:56am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Article taken from "EVO" mag

Setting Sons

The R34 Skyline dies in August and with it goes the familiar straight-six and chiselled shape. David Yu savours three generations of boxy but brilliant Skyline GT-Rs

March 2002

Skyline Generations

ontrary to popular belief, I wasn't the first to coin the name 'Godzilla' to describe a Skyline (some of you will remember my tuned, 620bhp R33 GT-R that used to terrorise these pages). In fact the 'Godzilla' moniker was first used by awe-struck Aussies who watched their beloved Holdens get eaten alive by fire-breathing R32 Skyline GT-R Group A race-cars in their domestic touring car championship back in 1990.

That was my first exposure to the Skyline legend too, and when the opportunity came up later that year to try an R32, I was dumbstruck by its ability, but decided I would probably kill myself trying to find its limits. Five years later, of course, I found myself driving up the M6 in a friend's F355 to pick up a tuned 440bhp R32...

But let's forget tuning for a moment and assume you had the choice between a standard R32, 33 or 34. Which is the most capable, which is the fastest and which is the most fun?

Luckily for evo, I founded the Skyline GT-R Register (UK) back in '95 and a request on their very active web forum (www.gtr.co.uk) quickly yielded a suitable example of each generation. This was actually less likely than it sounds since well over 90 per cent of the Skyline GT-Rs in this country have been tuned to some extent.

Dave Redpath's 1989 R32 is one of the first built, but has done just 50,000 miles and had two previous owners, one in Japan and one in New Zealand. The latter loved the car enough to bring it with him when he moved to the UK. Finished in unprepossessing gunmetal grey, his car is standard apart from a subtle Trust exhaust.

Although you couldn't call it elegant, the R32 does have a pleasing simplicity to its aggression. The flared arches look subtle in comparison to its successors' and the rear spoiler is almost dainty. The design has aged very well and yet, due to its relative rarity, it is the least likely to attract unwanted attention from cops or robbers.

The interior features one of the best driving positions there is, with comfortable, supportive seats, pedals perfectly positioned for heel-and-toeing and a chunky, precise but non-rushable gearchange. The shapely leather steering wheel at first feels a tad large compared with some more modern machinery, but soon feels natural. The only dated aspect is the pod-mounted windscreen wiper control that unfortunately required plenty of use of during the test.
Firing up the familiar, smooth yet strong 2.6-litre six, I had a sudden pang of trepidation; would this 276bhp(ish) un-tuned classic feel a bit Godzouki rather than Godzilla? After all, I hadn't owned a car with much less than 400 horsepower for the past seven years, and the last R32 I drove was Tim Milne's fearsome 600+bhp 2.8-litre beast (Track Shootout, evo 24).

The first squeeze of the throttle dispelled that thought immediately as a thrilling wave of mid-range torque pushed my back into the seat. What was even more surprising was that the thrust continued, in fact increased, right up to our self-imposed 7000rpm limit. This propensity to rev could be due partially to the freer-breathing Trust exhaust system, but the fact remains that this is still a seriously fast car.

On torrentially wet roads this Skyline had no problem breaking traction, both from rest and all the way around corners. In most other cars that might have been a worry, but in a GT-R it's merely the cue to keep your toe in and have fun.

On entering a bend, the Super-HICAS four-wheel-steer system resists understeer by steering the rear wheels initially in the opposite direction to the fronts, then latterly in parallel to help stabilise the car when it's settled into the corner. But the ATTESSA electronic torque split only diverts power to the front wheels when the rears slip, hence the need to keep power applied so the fronts can help to pull the car out of the slide.

This is the point where sceptics say, 'where's the fun if the car does it all for you?' Answer is, it doesn't. You still have to apply the right amount of opposite lock at the right time and wind it off at the correct rate too, as well as re-learning how to use the throttle as described.

But forget how the R32 GT-R does what it does; how does it feel when it's doing it? In a word, fan-bloody-tastic! There's never been a better power-assisted steering system for feel and feedback than this one. Every nuance of grip and road surface is conveyed subtly and accurately through the rim and the slight initial understeer is telegraphed clearly, telling you that lateral grip limits have been exceeded. Provided the exit to the corner is clear, a slight squeeze of the throttle sends the tail out in classic front-engined rear-drive fashion, but the way to gather it in is to counter-steer and give the throttle even more pressure. This transforms powerslides from silly, speed-wasting indulgence to, within reason, the fastest way to accelerate out of a corner.

The R32 does all this with the highest level of involvement; you are totally unaware of the technology, apart from the fact you are grinning from ear to ear and accelerating away from corners that would be a sweat-soaked nightmare in lesser vehicles. It just feels like a perfectly balanced rear-wheel-drive car with uncanny traction. Unlikely as it sounds, this car feels pure. In fact the only R32 weakspot is the brakes. By modern standards they're appalling.

On to the R33. This one, like my late lamented Godzilla, is a V-spec ('V' is for victory, originally seen on a special-edition R32 celebrating three years of continuous victories in Group A racing), which means it features a computer-controlled active rear LSD that can apportion torque side-to-side to further control the cornering attitude of the car. R33 V-specs also have firmer, lower suspension than their vanilla GT-R brethren.

Matt Osborne's dark metallic grey example has done more than the average mileage for a 1997 model but, like Dave's 13-year-old R32, still feels tight and rattle-free. Although still strong in absolute terms, this totally standard car felt noticeably less gutsy than the R32, particularly toward the top end. This could be due partly to the older car's sports exhaust, but probably has more to do with the extra weight the 33 carries.

With wider tyres (245 section, 17in items versus the 225, 16in covers on the 32) the R33 has loads more grip on the drenched tarmac. Full throttle in first gear fails to excite the rear tyres in a straight line and stability through standing water is exceptional. On a tight and twisty B-road, a well-driven Evo VI might be slightly faster, but nothing can match the serene way in which this car copes with wet conditions.

You're kept very well informed about what is going on, both through the seat and the wheel, but with better tyres, a longer wheelbase and the extra layer of electronics, it's always under control. Even the tightest second-gear bends don't allow sideways shenanigans, at least not on public roads. This car is staggeringly competent, but surprisingly different from its predecessor.

Finally it's time to try Cem Kocu's Bayside Blue R34 GT-R V-spec. On the R34, V-spec not only means stiffer suspension and the active rear LSD, but also a deeper front spoiler and carbon rear diffuser as well as more functions on the wonderful Multi Function Display that replaces some of the earlier models' dials.

Biggest initial differences are that the steering is heavier, despite having the same width tyres (on 18in rims), and that there are now six gears. The engine feels stronger than the R33, although again, Cem's car has a sports exhaust, in this case a factory-fitted Nismo system.

The suspension is noticeably harder than the R33 V-spec's and introduces an element of 'hopping' over small bumps and undulations that simply isn't there in the other two cars. This bounciness, coupled with fairly severe tramlining means that, unlike the earlier cars, punting the 34 at speed along wet B-roads requires a firm grip on the wheel and maximum concentration.

The second-gear corner that was delirious, drifting fun in the 32 and completely safe in the 33, allows a small amount of tail-out action in the 34, but at much higher speed than in the 32.

On smoother A-roads, the R34 is devastatingly effective with extremely direct steering, excellent brakes, rifle-bolt action close-ratio gearbox and a characterful, zesty engine that is noticeably more powerful at the top end. For track use, this would definitely be the most effective weapon of the three.

But for the road, which one would I have? Judging purely on fun factor, it would have to be the R32. Oh, and I forgot to mention that Dave paid a mere £10,000 for his car, only a few months ago. Sometimes, the original is best.

Thanks to Dave Redpath, Matt Osborne, Cem Kocu and the GT-R Register for their help with this feature

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,482 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,721 Spotted!