WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,363
Posts1,033,326
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
18 members (4 invisible), 11,087 guests, and 814 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
lincle 4
casper 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by granny
George Galloway's party would have us fighting in the allies.

???

Although he's not a pacifist, he is mostly is against us sending troops into anybody else's war.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

???

He'd have us fighting each other is what I meant.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
He'd certainly support an uprising against the politicians that run this country (and some that don't) apart from that I've never heard him suggest or incite any civil violence in this country, many believe him to be a pacifist although he is not.

Its only in the last year that I have been following him as I had a totally incorrect impression of him. The Respect Party manifesto is almost flawless in my opinion and Galloway isn't one for hidden agendas, if he believes in something he lets you know.

I certainly feel our country would be a lot safer and secure in his hands than any other politician.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Agreed he does speak his mind and is probably the most 'head on' politician there is, but as his party is split over certain issues and he is out to gain the 'Muslim ' vote, in the present climate, he is obviously not a good choice for the country. What are to be his policies ? Just from my point of view, there could be huge repercussions.
Plus, diplomacy is not in his dictionary and that I feel is a vital ingredient for any political leader.

Last edited by granny; 4th Mar 2015 10:55pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper

???

He'd have us fighting each other is what I meant.
That is prevalent now. Unpaid/ underpaid/ under employed/ private sector/ public sector/ disabled/ fat/ ethnic minority/ old/ young.....blah blah. Oh well, as long as the majority fight each other- it diverts attention away from the Evil in Westminster.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Slightly different Rude. To gain Muslim votes, there have to be changes, which most of us would not be prepared to accept. To gain the votes, there would have to be support for them and their beliefs. Hence, Respect is suspected, given the chance, of changing certain social issues which we have become used to as part of our society and social fabric, for the purpose to accommodate others .
I wouldn't prepared to take that chance!

Last edited by granny; 4th Mar 2015 11:33pm.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Agreed he does speak his mind and is probably the most 'head on' politician there is, but as his party is split over certain issues and he is out to gain the 'Muslim ' vote, in the present climate, he is obviously not a good choice for the country. What are to be his policies ? Just from my point of view, there could be huge repercussions.
Plus, diplomacy is not in his dictionary and that I feel is a vital ingredient for any political leader.

The Respect Party is stable now, the divisions have been and gone. It is an exceedingly small party though.

As we have probably thrown more money into Muslim issues than any other foreign issue, wouldn't you expect a political party to be discussing Muslim issues and coming up with firm policy. Respect aren't proposing mass immigration or blowing any Muslim territories to pieces which makes sense, its hardly anything to do do with getting the Muslim vote.

He is firmly against Israel's invasion of Palestine which even the American's are realising is wrong. That Palestine is Muslim and that Israel is Jewish definitely does not come into the equation, its the invasion of one country by another when the invading country has been given wrongful support in the past and also was the mess the west left behind many years ago in some unspoken agreements behind closed doors.

It makes a change from politicians who extol the virtues of courses of action without mentioning the "oil" word when that is all that's on their mind.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
DD, Apart from World issues which he would be unable to navigate the social issues are the key factor and his history of behaviour and antagonistic approaches firmly put him pig in the middle for causing trouble between different minority groups in this country. e.g. Muslim and Jews. He has too many anti-Semitic members, and accusations against him include getting rid of some women's rights, abortion, gay rights and fighting homophobia to attract Muslim support.
That is a recipe for disaster.
You support his party if you wish, but it is definitely not for me.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
You've been reading the wrong scaremongering newspapers (or their influence on Wikipedia etc wink

The Respect Party's motto is "Peace, Justice & Equality" which would hardly fit in with those claims. Here is their policy on equal rights .....

Respect will always stand in defence of the marginalised and those who suffer from prejudice and discrimination. Our party is founded on the idea that people are equal, regardless of their faith, ethnicity, background, gender, sexuality, social class or any other characteristic.

Islamophobia is the last ‘acceptable’ form of racism in Britain and is a critical danger to our communities. We stand shoulder-to-shoulder with Muslims who oppose this, who stand for equality, respect between religious groups and peace & community cohesion.

Respect has a proud history of moving people from every different background behind our cause. People of all faiths and none, young and old, men and women; their one common characteristic is a belief in peace, equality and justice.

SOURCE

Seriously, have a look at their policies, listen to Galloway's stuff on youtube then try and find anything wrong, its not just Galloway spouting meaningless words like most politicians, his arguments are reasoned and true. I think we have forgotten what a politician is in this country, it is someone with moral belief and conviction, even if it loses them the vote - not u-turn lying cotton-worded creeps like we are getting used to.

As I said, I disagree with Respects stance on Europe but I can't see anything else wrong - that is a thousand times better score than I can give any other party.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The trouble is , I don't believe a word he says. He so often has supposedly made inciting statements, and then like a naughty school boy , wriggles off the naughty step.
He's a liar and a trouble maker which hasn't changed, and neither has my mind. I don't trust him and it's a different distrust to other politicians, we know none of them are trustworthy. This one is different and in my opinion he is a dirty little trickster and worse that Farage.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/oct/16/george-galloway-israel-free-speech-no-charges

George Galloway will not face charges over a speech he made in August declaring Bradford an “Israel-free zone”.

The Respect MP for Bradford West was interviewed by police under caution over claims that his statements in Leeds had incited racial hatred.

Last edited by granny; 5th Mar 2015 12:55am.

~Chief Seattle
RUDEBOX Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
popcorn

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
raftl ....and he's got 4 wives, married to the 4th, four months after his second child was born to his third wife. Apparently not divorced. That's bigamy.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
He's often been misquoted, I've lost count of how many apologies he's had off the BBC or their staff and he's won numerous court cases for slander/libel against various organisations.

I've seen loads of rubbish reported about him and never found any of it true.

The Israel free zone thing is identical to sanctions that we as a country have against numerous other countries - so its ok for a government to do this but nobody else? At least his sanctions were for just reasons and not based on lies, misrepresentations and personal greed. He of course wasn't prosecuted because he had done nothing wrong - believe me, there is nothing the government would like rather than jail him - he is exposing their lies and mistakes, predicting outcomes accurately and exposing corruption.

There is an obvious campaign against him, he's been the subject in courts, investigations and enquiries loads of times and not been prosecuted. Even when he proved the Americans were wrong and made total fools of them, their final retaliation was to report he was lying BUT they never prosecuted him for perjury because they knew they couldn't.

Its so easy for the media to manipulate, its so easy for governments to get away with things. The amount of money that has been wasted trying to prosecute or discredit Galloway by various governments and the media is unbelievable and is a testament that he must be telling the truth or someone would have succeeded by now - its been going on for years.

If anybody but him had been physically assaulted for political reasons as severely as he was, the government and other politicians would be up in arms about it but there was a deadly silence instead - they hate his guts and it makes a mockery out of their beliefs in the freedom of political thought - they are the hypocritical liars, he isn't.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
raftl ....and he's got 4 wives, married to the 4th, four months after his second child was born to his third wife. Apparently not divorced. That's bigamy.

Even cleverer than that, he has had five weddings and may of only had two divorces.

I will admit that having more than one wife is a serious error of judgement. One wife is more than enough punishment for one man no

But of course, he has not been done for bigamy because as usual its just hype, what he has done is perfectly legal in UK law and the other relevant countries.

Smartchild
Smartchild
He does do a pretty mean impression of a cat drinking milk out of Rula Lenskas hands.....I don!t think he's the man I would trust to run the country, not for his dubious non-political activities but because I just don't trust most of what he says though I did applaud his stance on Iraq at the time.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,503 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,779 Spotted!