WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (2 invisible), 9,849 guests, and 414 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
cools #920459 8th Jan 2015 11:29pm
Old Hand
Old Hand
Fish ......sorry to say you are not such a "wise one" if for one minute you believe Evans worded that statement

Last edited by organiser; 8th Jan 2015 11:30pm.
Google Ads
organiser #920464 9th Jan 2015 12:20am
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
I didn't say he did or didn't--I only quoted it.
Do you know that he didn't. ?.
It doesn't really matter if he worded it or not what matters if he means it. Neither of us know that for certain.

fish5133 #920467 9th Jan 2015 12:55am
Old Hand
Old Hand
In answer to your question...No I don't know that he didn't but I did not use the so called statement as part of a defence mechanism for him which I am suggesting you did

He was found guilty by a jury so until a court of law decides otherwise he is a convicted rapist and for my money deserves no sympathy

fish5133 #920478 9th Jan 2015 10:18am
Forum Master
Forum Master
If he meant it fish, it would be logical to assume he would have apologised a long time ago, not when there was a job offer in his grasp, perhaps another pointer as to his character.

casper #920528 9th Jan 2015 2:23pm
Smartchild
Smartchild
When you apologise its assumed then that you are guilty. All Lawyers tell their clients that they should never apologise. A bit like when you crash your car, never accept liability.

Last edited by sonylegs; 9th Jan 2015 2:24pm.
sonylegs #920541 9th Jan 2015 3:05pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
But he did apologise, albeit 3 years to late, he apologised but didnt accept responsibilty for the rape, what brought about this miraculous change of heart? concern for his victim or the carrot of a job being dangled, incidently there have been no reports to the police of any threats being made to members or staff of the club involved,probably a face saver for the club to duck out because of the backlash, the whole eopisode was distastful and needless, its brought the club into disprepute its upset a lot of their supporters and sponsors, and shown a lack of judgement by those involved.

casper #920545 9th Jan 2015 3:34pm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
I've copied and pasted but I think this sums it up perfectly.

By Zoe Yvonne Delaney

I’m ashamed to admit it but it was only last year, at the age of 24, did I truly start to understand the rape culture we have in this country. Of course I’ve always known about victim blaming and I’ve always been vocal about how poorly the justice system handles rape but it took an incident with my now boyfriend, to make me see how far we need to come in this country with how we deal with rape – on every level.

Now I want to say we were on a date, but we weren’t – we had finished working at a pub together and gone to the Irish American on Lime St (if you’ve been, you’ll know why I don’t class this as a date as such). For some reason, just a few drinks got me rotten – like unable to walk rotten. Jack took me home, put me to bed and didn’t even consider trying anything on.

The next day, I thanked him for acting like a gentleman as, based on my experience; most lads would have had sex with me. He looked at me utterly disgusted and asked why I was thanking him for not raping me? It was only then did I realise that we, as women, are expected to learn how not to be raped, but also to thank men for not sexually assaulting us. It’s bullshit.

The debate on whether Ched Evans should return to football has brought all the rape apologists out of the closet. Here are some FAMQ’s (Frequently asked moronic questions) that I’ve had to deal with when discussing the case recently.

He’s served his time, he’s been rehabilitated – why can’t you let him move on?

Ah, the most common shout from the terminally thick. Firstly, he hasn’t finished his sentence technically and secondly, he is unrepentant and unashamed – he is far from rehabilitated. His victim has had to relocate several times, has changed her identity more than once, is hounded by his supporters and couldn’t even spend Christmas Day with her family – I’m more concerned with why she, the victim, isn’t allowed to move on.

He maintains his innocence – are you going to feel guilty if he gets his conviction overturned?

To be honest, you should be asking him whether he feels guilty about being an unapologetic rapist, whose actions continue to punish the victim but, whatever. No, I won’t. He has had a fair trial, been convicted, by a jury, of rape and had an appeal rejected. Before I go any further, have a look at THIS. See how hard it is to get a rape case to court, let alone a conviction. I’ll play Devil’s Advocate with you though – let’s say he isn’t a convicted rapist (which he is) and was cleared of raping her? Why wouldn’t I feel any guilt? Simply because if he wasn’t a rapist then he’d simply be a scumbag who took advantage of a 19 year old girl and cheated on his girlfriend in the process. The story without rape is seedy and disgusting enough so no, I’m not losing any sleep over the miniscule chance his name is cleared.

She went back to a footballer’s hotel room – what was she expecting? A game of tiddlywinks?

Yawn. You know what; I’ve been back to a footballer’s apartment and not had sex. I went there with no intention of sleeping with anyone and left without sleeping with anyone. Had I been raped that night, I would have been horrified to think people didn’t believe I hadn’t gone there to have sex.

Actually, I’ve been back to plenty of lads houses after nights out and not had sex with them. Sometimes you want to stay out a bit longer, keep the party going, and sometimes you just fancy a make out session. Hang on – am I justifying why I go back to houses with men sometimes? Jesus.

Why can’t he go back to work though? If he a regular bloke and worked at Tesco, he’d be back stacking shelves.

HAHA – Have you seen how much of a ball ache it is to get a job at a supermarket? Good luck getting a position with a criminal record. The people who say this always tend to be the kind of people who would lead the local village boycott of a Tesco should a rapist ever start working there. Why the different attitude towards a multi-millionaire footballer.

What’s he going to do if he can’t play football?

You know what, if I’m going to be honest – I really couldn’t care less about his career prospects. His future father in law has bank rolled his campaign and website so maybe he could get a job with him. (On that note, my dad isn’t a controlling cave man type dad who dictates who I date, thank God, but I suspect he’d have a few things to say about me standing by a convicted rapist who cheated on me).

It’s not his fault he might be considered a role model – it’s the parent’s duty to raise their child.

Agreed. But football matches are attended by men, women and young children. A five year old, for example, could start watching Oldham this season and becoming a huge fan of Ched if he proves himself as a striker. A five year old will probably know nothing of this case or even what rape is – when the time comes and he asks for the name ‘Evans’ to be printed on the back of his shirt, what do his parents say to him? “Sorry son, the multi-millionaire footballer that thousands cheer for every week is actually a bad man?”

Speaking of the website, have you read it? Interesting huh?

Ah the hideous ‘Justice for Ched’ website; packed full to the brim of victim blaming content. My personal highlights are where it’s revealed he stepped over her body when she fell over in the takeaway (why would you reveal this on a site meant to be arguing his innocence?) and of course, the revelation that he chucked some chips at the seagulls. Genuine quote – “hardly a predator on the prowl.” Because it’s a well-known fact that rapists are stingy towards seagulls with their chips.

It’s not really rape though, is it? It can only be rape if you’re dragged down an alley or held at knife point.

You are literally too dumb to argue with. Go away.

Do you not think her case stops other girls coming forward to report rape? Do you not think she’s hindered other rape victims?

No, I’d say the support for Ched Evans and the constant victim blaming has in fact done that. It shows how we seem to only accept a rape claim if the victim is 100% sober and has never had sex before.

A false accusation can ruin a man’s life you know?

In this case, a CONVICTION hasn’t even ruined a man’s life. The victim is the one in fact whose life is ruined.

Why don’t we teach men not to get themselves in situations in which they could be accused of rape? What’s that? That’s really wrong of me to say. Well guess what? We teach women not to get themselves in situations that could result in their rape so how the hell do you think we feel?

What about Mike Tyson? His career never suffered.

I’m not a fan of Mike Tyson either. I never understood how he got a role in The Hangover and his recent reaction when quizzed about his crime was outrageous.

No more questions? Good. Now shut up and stop being a rape apologist.

One last thing – can we put an end to the term ‘consensual sex’? There is ‘sex’ and then there is ‘rape’. The word ‘consensual’ should never have to prefix the word sex; dirty, romantic, mind blowing – all words I like to see prefix sex, but not consensual.

Via @Scarlettwonderland & @Zoeyak

cools #920582 9th Jan 2015 6:18pm
Smartchild
Smartchild
This is probably one of the best articles I've ever read from an individual, thanks for taking the time to post it.

cools #921375 14th Jan 2015 12:54pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
There was a great piece about this on The Last Leg on Channel 4 last Friday. Its a brilliant satirical show based on the week's news. Catch it on 4OD if you can.

cools #921463 14th Jan 2015 9:04pm
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
She went back to a footballer’s hotel room – what was she expecting? A game of tiddlywinks?

Yawn. You know what; I’ve been back to a footballer’s apartment and not had sex. I went there with no intention of sleeping with anyone and left without sleeping with anyone. Had I been raped that night, I would have been horrified to think people didn’t believe I hadn’t gone there to have sex.

This is where some of the problem and confusion occurs--the jury did believe she went back to the hotel room for sex--that's why Macdonald was not charged with rape. And believe it or not some women go back to hotel rooms to have sex with more than one bloke--although in this case the jury didnt agree with that scenario hence their guilty verdict on Evans

cools #921597 15th Jan 2015 11:59am
Forum Master
Forum Master
That's the crux of the problem. Footballer WAGs and, for want of a better word, trollops who want a double page tabloid spread and an instant media "career" have done so much damage.

cools #1003379 2nd Mar 2016 5:04pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Ched Evans' case has been reviewed and is to be sent to the Court of Appeal.

The crux of the matter as I see it is how drunk the girl was, the videos show to me that she is nowhere near as drunk as is claimed in other places - and certainly a long way from "unable to walk".

At the least it shows the evidence against Chad is unreliable. The reasons the girl went back to the room are immaterial as she could have changed her mind any way at any time, most things in life are not 100% pre-planned.

SOURCE

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,287 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,423 Spotted!