A PUPPY that was found in a plastic bag covered in her own faeces and reeking of petrol was going to be set alight, according to a Wirral vet.
The petrified pup was found tied up in a plastic bag behind the Saxons Pub
, in Delamere Street, Winsford, by a member of staff on Friday, November 14.
Veterinarian Thomas McGowan, 46, who owns the Acorn Veterinary Surgery in West Kirby, was working at Willows Veterinary Group’s surgery in Winsford when the puppy was brought in by dog wardens.
Mr McGowan said: “She was in a state of shock.
“When she came in she was covered in faeces and she had a chemical smell.”
He thinks the puppy, named Tiny by staff, may be a Yorkshire Terrier, around five months old.
Tiny has lost much of her fur from a skin condition called demodectic mange, which is caused by mites.
Mr McGowan added: “It is a treatable condition so there is no reason to have let Tiny get this bad. It is neglect, pure and simple.
"It is possible the smell was some kind of strong chemical to treat her skin condition. But I suspect this is not the case because that would show that the person who did it actually cared.
“I think somebody was probably about to set her on fire and got scared off.
Source : Click me