first off i decided to takle the cv joint on the drivers side as when i turned right the car made a horrible noise at first i thought it was because the cv boot had lost its grease so i refilled the grease and sealed it back up, well i thought bingo i have sorted it well i hadn't so i took a trip to my local scrapyard and bought a secondhad drive shaft with hub still attached to the shaft went home cleaned it all up swoped it over with the faultly one so i thought went for a drive to see if it has cured it!!
did it hell anyway i went to my local garage for them to give me some advice and they looked at my car and it was found that it was the passenger side wheel bearings that had gone and i asked how much it would be to have fixed and i was informed it would cost me £80.00
So off to my trusty local scrapyard again to get the passengers side driveshaft and hub complete once again got home cleaned it all up took my old one off and put the secondhand one on took me a few hours to do the job hey if it was fixed i didn't care so after i got it on i put all my tools away went and got cleaned up and took the car out for a run and hey presto it was fixed and was i releaved it was fixed no more noise's and it was nice and quite again
So end my ordeal i now have 2 secondhand driveshafts and hubs on my car and a spare drivers side as there was nothink wrong with the drivers side in the end
just thought i would keep you up to dan on the work on my motor thanks for reading
Well onto my 3rd day
What started out to be a great day in the making it soon turned down hill.
Pedro'sGolf & I were doing some jobs on my car to get it running right as it wasn't running too well, first off we changed the carburetor over to one with less mileage and one that had been serviced, that didn't take too long to do.
After fitting and setting up the new carburetor, we decided to put my 30mm lowering kit on, we got everything ready after a few miss-haps with the lowering kit we finally got started on the fitting.
me have a well earned break and having a laugh with pedrosgolf
Once we fitted the front suspension after a few hours of hard labor thrown in and the weather against us and all the hassle we had doing it we managed to get it finished.
We then moved onto the back section of the car
we also decided to paint calipurs and drums to clean them up as they were looking rather rusty so they got painted
Anyway as you can see we got it all jacked up and removed the rear suspension, by this time it was like 7:30pm and we had started on the car at 8am that morning so we decided to call it a day and start on the Sunday.
Well onto my 4th day
here are some pics of the rear Passenger side shock and damage to it