Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
11 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,969 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Mark Online Happy OP
Wiki Master
OP Online Happy
Wiki Master
AN EXTRA fifty police camera sites are to be introduced across Merseyside as the new Matrix Serious Organised Crime unit launches a crackdown on travelling criminals using the county's roads and motorways.

The network of Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) cameras will be paid for by selling cars and other vehicles seized from criminals proved to have been bought using proceeds from crime.

Chief Superintendent Mark Harrison said: "ANPR is a vital tool in our fight against serious and organised crime.

Read More Click Me

But is this not the same as the USA spending millions on a pen to use in space, and the Russians used a pencil.

What's stopping the criminals changing a reg plate ?

Google Ads
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Mark
AN EXTRA fifty police camera sites are to be introduced across Merseyside as the new Matrix Serious Organised Crime unit launches a crackdown on travelling criminals using the county's roads and motorways.

Excellent news, uninsured cars should just not be on the road. Imagine you were crippled for the rest of your life by an uninsured driver. Where would the money come from to ensure that you had everything you needed to make life as comfortable as possible?

As I understand it, changing number plates will not make a lot of difference. If the plates do not match up to the physical appearance of the car, it will be stopped and the driver questioned.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Who cares?

At least it will stop all the uninsured ... in their tracks resulting in cheaper insurance for those of us who actually botherr to be legal.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Mark Online Happy OP
Wiki Master
OP Online Happy
Wiki Master
But stopped where?
The camera is at one location the police at another.

I think that if they don't care enough about being insured there not bothered about the consequences.

Its a deterrent but in practice it would be good to see if it does have a positive impact. We are lucky to have the tunnel but all that records is which way the vehicle went when it was stolen or drove off with out insurance.

The fines are cheaper than having insurance for many drivers.
So why should they bother getting insured.

Ste we have all read about the Police Databases not being updated correctly, which i'm lead to believe is out of date every time you renew your insurance. And the few days it takes to present the correct information can have you and I insurance payers in the hot tub.

Its a system, but its not perfect by any means. IMO

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Depends which insurance company you are with to be hones, some take a couple of days to put your cars on then others can do it as soon as you have rang them.
People need to make sure they carry a copy around with them, i have been stung in the past by this but that was because one of the officers was an asshole and couldnt be bothered to see that 2 of my other cars were insured.

Prooved in court all was ok but i lost out on a car which was impounded and wasn't worth paying for to get back, lesson learnt, moral is always carry your insurance certificate with you because there are some lazy officers out there that haven't got a clue about their own job.

As far the criminal part goes it won't stop them, they will just use public or hired transport.

Putin khuilo
Smartchild
Smartchild
A friend of mine in Liverpool saw her car being stolen and so rang the Police immediately. They traced it with ANPR and it was found half an hour later with the thieves inside. I'm in favour after all it can only help especially as the taxpayer isn't paying for it but the criminals themselves.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Surely we have 7 days to produce any required document at a police station, we don't have to have them with us do we?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Salmon
Surely we have 7 days to produce any required document at a police station, we don't have to have them with us do we?

you do if you get an asshole copper that doesn't know his hand from his ass.

Putin khuilo
Old Hand
Old Hand
In response to Mark's thoughts about viability of operation this from yesteday's Mersey Magazine

POLICE DELIGHTED WITH RESULTS ON FIRST DAY OF ANPR OPERATION

Published January 15, 2014.

Following today’s ANPR operation a total of 541 vehicles were stopped throughout Merseyside and
20 people were arrested for offences including firearms, drugs,
assault, possession of offensive weapons, drink/drug driving and driving
while disqualified

14 cars and other vehicles were seized and 1 stolen vehicle was recovered

Among the arrests were a 24-year-old Liverpool man arrested today in Birkenhead having
been wanted in connection with a shooting in Liverpool which happened in
the L13 area of the city last March. The man was arrested on suspicion
of Section 18 wounding and also on suspicion of possession of a
controlled drug after cannabis was found

A man arrested in Walton after he fled from police as he
approach an ANPR site. Following his arrest a large bag of cannabis was
found

A man in Knowsley arrested on suspicion of domestic assault and
car theft.

A man arrested in Stanley Road in Bootle on suspicion of
possession of an offensive weapon

A motorist arrested on Aigburth Road in south Liverpool on
suspicion of driving while unfit through drink or drugs
Seems like a positive start to me.

Last edited by organiser; 16th Jan 2014 6:17pm. Reason: added comment at end
Enthusiast
Enthusiast

They usually need some for of ID before a 'producer' can be issued, just in case you are giving false name and address.

If you cannot prove who you are (after being pulled up for computer info about your car) apparently they are permitted to arrest you and take you to the police station to ensure an accurate ID has been given. They can't allow you to drive off in case you are not legally insured.
If you are found to have no insurance or road fund licence, they can then take your car off you.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Most people have a smart phone that you can download an Adobe app. Scan your docs and keep them on your phone - just in case!

Mark Online Happy OP
Wiki Master
OP Online Happy
Wiki Master
Never wanted to carry originals in the car, well I was always told not too in case there stolen. But the smart phone is a great idea. Fancy me not seeing the wood for the trees on that one. Just to take it that bit further i will scan and dump them in drop box so i can access them at the road side or the police station lol.

Its crazy in this day and age that the insurance company's can not update the data in a timely fashion. But i think its because its been updated manually and not on-line like so many of us do.

It did happen to me about 5yrs ago. I was followed by the police, right onto my Driveway. They said I showed up with no insurance on the car and I said that it was rubbish as it was done last week. They did not want to believe me until i insisted that i can print out the confirmation e-mail.

They then said "Ok we will let it go this time" like it was my fault !!! And they wonder why the few spoil it for the many.
They said they would check again in a few days to be sure, which i pointed out that I had paid for the Year. grrrr

Now we have smart phones I will record any awkward moments smile

Wiki Addict
Wiki Addict
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Most people have a smart phone that you can download an Adobe app. Scan your docs and keep them on your phone - just in case!

Police would not accept a picture of your details, otherwise a 10 year old could be hired to do forgeries and make a bit of pocket money

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Never wanted to carry originals in the car, well I was always told not too in case there stolen. But the smart phone is a great idea. Fancy me not seeing the wood for the trees on that one. Just to take it that bit further i will scan and dump them in drop box so i can access them at the road side or the police station lol.

Its crazy in this day and age that the insurance company's can not update the data in a timely fashion. But i think its because its been updated manually and not on-line like so many of us do.

It did happen to me about 5yrs ago. I was followed by the police, right onto my Driveway. They said I showed up with no insurance on the car and I said that it was rubbish as it was done last week. They did not want to believe me until i insisted that i can print out the confirmation e-mail.

They then said "Ok we will let it go this time" like it was my fault !!! And they wonder why the few spoil it for the many.
They said they would check again in a few days to be sure, which i pointed out that I had paid for the Year. grrrr

Now we have smart phones I will record any awkward moments smile

I carry a scanned copy of my insurance in the glove compartment. I generally have a wallet with me at all times, unless of course I forget (senior moment)which also contains ID.

The problem with Insurance certificates of course is that although you have one, you could have cancelled it soon after receiving it. So the police have to check up that it is still in force and therefore valid.

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am