WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,362
Posts1,033,322
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
10 members (2 invisible), 9,575 guests, and 459 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
lincle 4
casper 4
Topic Replies
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Smartchild
Smartchild
any chance of letting everyone know where you earned your pension as you seem to believe that no-one else should fight or worry about theirs but now you have yours ,you seem to have all the answers . what was your chosen profession .

Google Ads
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Originally Posted by svenlock68
Chris kay
Apply that utopian theory to politicians the tax man big business banking etc etc
Everything has become more polarised and your gov loves to distract you with media and reasons "why " its ok for them to rape you of your assets
The public are so dumbed down now obsessed with buying stuff and following controlled media
Exactly why so many media puppet papers are feeding the myth of dole and foreign workers are the answer to all our ills
Its not. Its the ... gov and banks.
Watch " inside job " good film. Informative

I might be more inclined to engage in discussion with you if your posts were not filled with left wing cant. Oh, and a little punctuation would make your post easier to understand.

Carpe diem.
Old Hand
Old Hand
Frank you're a miss guided individual !?
I hate all politicians, I can't think of one thing of any of them I like
As Carlin said " its a big club. And you ain't in it "
You accuse me of being a person who thinks democracy exists here !?
No. Wake up.
I don't have sky don't read or buy papers, don't listen to Murdochmedia ppuppets like the gov
I research things myself and form my own view. People are sheep here like the USA.
I'm 45. I know all about politicians robbing us for 40 years.
******** Chris. I have problems with posting I'm on a phone that's all *****
Yes frank how about telling us where your pension money originates from ??
******** Chris. I'm not right or left wing. That's a stupid label for newspapers. I'm my own wing tthanks. I hate how this country's gone down the toilet in last 20 years and I'm not proud of it. Who could be !?
Its sold its arse off ages ago

Old Hand
Old Hand
I'm laughing at you frank. Honestly.
You actually think war criminal blair is " my government"
Just so were clear.....my fave saying
" incompetent and corrupt sycophants who feather their own nests "
That's my view of all of them. Period

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Originally Posted by 19FRANK40
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Maybe start a new thread? This is about Merseyside firefighters on strike!

If you have nothing to contribute, why not butt-out?

How rude!
I've felt like doing that to some of your posts, but resisted the urge.
I think it was a legitimate request.
I'll start one about pensions

re about spelling

Spelling isn't everybody's strong point - especially if you are using a mobile (do they have spellcheckers?)
I've a friend who was an English teacher who has written a few books (awaiting publishing)and sometimes he asks me to look at them and I often point out spelling/grammar errors such as
were/we're which wouldn't show up in a spell check.
If you can't understand his posts (which I tend to agree on a lot of what he says)
try this

Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wloh

I do tend to look up in a dictionary words I'm not sure of the spelling of.

Last edited by derekdwc; 11th Nov 2013 1:24pm.
Mark Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
1st Post
Merseyside firefighters walk out in pensions dispute.

Please keep on topic.
Please do not make your opinions personal.

wikispell

wikiopinion

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Firefighters will strike again on 13 November and hold new ballot for further forms of industrial action
November 5, 2013
Firefighters today announced that a fourth strike on pensions will take place between 10am and 2pm on Wednesday 13 November in England and Wales.

This follows the decision of the government in Westminster to worsen proposals on firefighter pensions.

In addition the Fire Brigades Union announced the start of a further ballot for other forms of industrial action, which will close on Wednesday 4 December.

On the new strike date, FBU General Secretary, said: “Our members enter burning buildings for a living, and will not be intimidated by the government’s decision to worsen their proposals. This latest attack will simply harden the resolve of firefighters.

“Ministers continue to ignore the professional, evidence-based case firefighters have presented over the past three years and refuse to establish an affordable occupational pension scheme which reflects the occupation of firefighting.

“There seems to be little or no understanding of what our members actually do or the standards they are required to meet.”

On the new ballot for further industrial action, Wrack said:

“Although we still hope the government returns to negotiations, our members have told us that they are prepared for a long, hard campaign if necessary.

“As a result we are now balloting for further forms of industrial action.

“The fire and rescue service is totally reliant on the goodwill of firefighters on the front line. Many are now performing additional duties and additional hours as a result of central government funding cuts.

“There is precious little goodwill left in view of these attacks and that I am confident that will be reflected in this further vote.

“I urge the government to come back and talk about all the issues in dispute.”

Fire Minister, Brandon Lewis, told firefighters on Friday 1 November that he had withdrawn June proposals on firefighters taking their pension before 60.

The FBU has argued that firefighters are likely to experience a decline in fitness in their 50s, meaning that they would be unlikely to meet the fitness standards required in the fire service.

Chief Fire Officers last week highlighted that the government’s proposals would mean firefighters facing a choice between the loss of almost half their pension or dismissal for failing to reach the standards.

www.fbu.org.uk

Last edited by RUDEBOX; 11th Nov 2013 2:40pm.
Old Hand
Old Hand
leave the government to sort matters out.

They could not sort out anything. They are a complete set of clowns, interested only in what they can get out of politics including their expenses. They have no desire to be politicians for the good of the country and its population, they exist only for the benefits that being an MP brings to them.

The thought of people in the Emergency Services over 55yrs having to do jobs which they are physically not fully capable of is horrific as it is ludicrous.

This has all been caused by greedy,useless and to be frank ( pun intended) dysfunctional political behavior. These so called politicians have rarely done a hard days work in their life. They can be split into two basic groups, the university set and the trade union set. Both sets as bad as each other and as destructive as each other.

Dont blame the Fire Fighters, blame the clowns in the big house next to the Thames.

Last edited by Santos; 11th Nov 2013 6:33pm.
Newbeee
Newbeee
Good 1st post Mark, shame it's been took over by my party better than your party like most of the posts of late, would it be out of terms in asking for a political forum on here so that the other forums can run smoothly.

All this political talk makes me very :zzz: and not want to read any posts I and many others (imo only) are turned away from posts we/I would love to get into.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Who should run the country, well, obviously people elected by the people, but the candidates should be a lot less in number and far more qualified in their subjects, eg, experienced military personnel in charge of defense, proven financiers in charge of finance, respected lawyers in charge of the home office. That, instead of people who dont have one iota of knowledge about the Ministry they are put in charge of but just happen to be in favor with the PM at the time and have the ability to faff.

I made no mention nor reference to private sector workers and do not intend to do so. Private sector workers do not enter into the equation as this thread is about public sector Firefighters, their duties and their pension. If you wish to introduce private sector arguments then I suggest that you start a new thread on Private sector workers, their jobs and their pensions.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Theres no point...santos and Derek, dear old frank has totally swallowed the "its them against us private vs public" bull
hook line and sinker.....sad
maybe its a bit of jealousy that hes been shafted and wont get the same in the long run and resents their "high" pensions.
this usual distraction is the standard the government love you to believe.
I repeat carlins words "they keep you arguing between each other while they run off with all the f***--ing money"
Frank does somehow seem to think that without the wrags and tv theres no way anyone knows anything....which again is very sad.
How about knowing people who actually do the job who have 20 years experience.....I did say that before. I DO

Old Hand
Old Hand
I have inside knowledge too....due to cuts, its a matter of time, a ballot for work to rule, no overtime, no standbys, no cover when theres not enough bodies on trucks will come in very soon.
Most brigades will be buggered by this big time because they've shredded staffing to the bone.
That's THEIR FAULT , no they'll pay the price. karma
the officers union haven't even said their position properly yet, their pensions rapings by Cameron make FFS looklike chicken feed......if they vote to strike itll bring fire services to a halt, literally

Old Hand
Old Hand
You can't wag your finger frank at someone you know nothing about
I have zero debt. Own my house and car. I've never owned a creditcard ddon't need one.
After the last ten years that's good going. I can retire at 55 myself if I want. My father who worked in car finance predicted the last six years two years before it happened.
I was easy to see the public drowning in over reaching debt listening to sales people saying the bubble won't burst.
Never trust a salesman.
I work full time and have a side business. I'm doing fine. I'm smart I'll do ok.

Smartchild
Smartchild
it sounds like he has had his pension and doesn't want anyone else to get anything out of the pot , he also doesn't want anyone asking him a direct question about his workplace but wants to poke around into the firefighters dispute when it has got absolutely nothing to do with him ..go back to your luxury holiday home frank and stay there , firefighters need support and they are taking on the government because the government have taken away something that was promised to them in 1977 , or shall we just all bend over and let the government take everything away from us all without saying a word , I think north korea is the place you should have retired to with YOUR pension .you sound like a middle manager that's done all right for himself and when the time came you were offloaded with your lump sum and pension and never said a word about your firm being taken over with jobs lost as long as you were allright .now you want to tell everyone to accept worsening conditions because the gov says we should .
remember one thing about firefighters .if you ever need them when your own house goes on fire , they will be the ones that pass you in the hallway as you are running out screaming .they will be running into your burning building looking for people that cant make it out , does that sound maybe like a bit challenging and something that after 30 years in the job they will forget all about the charred remains of the bodies that they find or forget all about the kids they try to save or the people that they have to cut out of cars that are mangled in the road , lets get this straight, you want them to have more of that and get paid less than they were promised when they signed up for their pension . that's why they work until 55 .its so they can enjoy the years from 55 to 65/75 and live a normal life like other people .they deserve that .

Mark Offline OP
Wiki Master
OP Offline
Wiki Master
wikiopinion

smile

We all enjoy a healthy debate guys.
It does not have to get personal over an opinion.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,442 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,668 Spotted!