WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
14 members (3 invisible), 12,567 guests, and 977 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
RUDEBOX #845452 23rd Dec 2013 7:47pm
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
Originally Posted by eddie64
just got a letter off csa informing me i have to pay 340.00 pound a month for my two kids,argued that i couldnt afford that much so they droped it to 240.00 a month,i have never not provided for my kids since i have been back in work i have bought them anything they needed i have them at weekends and any time i can.so please tell me why my ex wife who has got her own business fiddles the books earns in a fortnight what i can only hope to earn in a month can get away with it,and yet can get full rent paid,full council tax paid,working tax credit and child tax credit.yet they dont take into acount my council tax my rent and other living costs.this system stinks and needs a rethink.
The father IS a tax-payer!!!

So what does that have to do with it? It does not mean that I too have to pay for his kids does it? whatever is sorted out, it should be absolutely nothing to with me as far as contributions to the family are concerned, nor with any other taxpayer, I maintain it is his responsibility to look after his kids or as I said before, do not have any.

Google Ads
eddie64 #845453 23rd Dec 2013 7:51pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
" I maintain it is his responsibility to look after his kids or as I said before, do not have any".

Bit late to lock the stable after the horse has bolted.

chriskay #845457 23rd Dec 2013 8:13pm
Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by chriskay
Who would want to stay in an unhappy marriage 'for the sake of the children' in this day and age??? Not healthy for the kids to grow up in an un-happy situation.

I can't believe that it's any happier for a child to grow up without one parent and with the inevitable brainwashing that comes with that situation. I really don't know which path is preferable; both are unsatisfactory. Maybe the problem is that couples are too ready to have a child before they know whether they're going to stay together.
Couples can stay together dosent matter if they are unhappy.They can come to some mutual arrangement.A stable family does improve a kids wellbeing and mental development.If couples feel they need to shout or argue dont do in front of the kids.Sometimes the parents are worse than the kids.Icould go on but i best not.

Last edited by Candlyfloss; 23rd Dec 2013 8:19pm.
eddie64 #845465 23rd Dec 2013 8:38pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Hey- ho, as long as it saves the tax-payer a few quid-

How are children affected by domestic violence ?
The majority of children witness the violence that is occurring, and in 90% of cases they are in the same or next room (Hughes, 1992). Children can 'witness' domestic violence in many different ways. For example, they may get caught in the middle of an incident in an effort to make the violence stop. They may be in the room next door and hear the abuse or see their mother's physical injuries following an incident of violence. They may be forced to stay in one room or may not be allowed to play. They may be forced to witness sexual abuse or they may be forced to take part in verbally abusing the victim. All children witnessing domestic violence are being emotionally abused.

Are the effects the same for every child?

Children can experience both short and long term cognitive, behavioural and emotional effects as a result of witnessing domestic abuse. Each child will respond differently to trauma and some may be resilient and not exhibit any negative effects.

Children's responses to the trauma of witnessing DV may vary according to a multitude of factors including, but not limited to, age, race, sex and stage of development. It is equally important to remember that these responses may also be caused by something other than witnessing domestic violence, and therefore a thorough assessment of a child's situation is vital.

Children are individuals and may respond to witnessing abuse in different ways. These are some of the effects described in a briefing by the Royal College of Psychiatrists (2004):

They may become anxious or depressed
They may have difficulty sleeping
They have nightmares or flashbacks
They can be easily startled
They may complain of physical symptoms such as tummy aches
They may start to wet their bed
They may have temper tantrums
They may behave as though they are much younger than they are
They may have problems with school
They may become aggressive or they may internalise their distress and withdraw from other people
They may have a lowered sense of self-worth
Older children may begin to play truant or start to use alcohol or drugs
They may begin to self-harm by taking overdoses or cutting themselves
They may have an eating disorder
Children may also feel angry, guilty, insecure, alone, frightened, powerless or confused. They may have ambivalent feelings towards both the abuser and the non-abusing parent.

Last edited by RUDEBOX; 23rd Dec 2013 8:39pm.
eddie64 #845475 23rd Dec 2013 9:25pm
Newbeee
Newbeee
My parents split up when I was 12 and I'm perfectly well adjusted and fully functioning. I think you're a bit out of touch. What would have been better for me? Two happy parents that love me very much or living with two miserable people?

eddie64 #845486 23rd Dec 2013 9:50pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Soon to change anyway. Havs a look for 'changes to the csa 2014'
It would appear the service is changing and parent s are likely to expected to sort it out between themselves, plus charges.
Dare say the solicitors and courts will come into their own again for such matters.
Does that make people happier?

There are many reason for families splitting up , not just violence and all the nasty stuff. Quite often it's affects families who have both parents working rediculous hours and the whole structure of the family life falls apart. There doesn't have to be fighting, argueing or any other mental torment. It just fails ,tragically.some women are required to work, do the housework, help children with homework, shopping, washing , cooking etc., after school activities, taxiing them here there and everywhere and then be the sensual partner in bed at night. For goodness sake, lets be honest about this, the poor mums are worn out . Thats when things start to go wrong, I believe. The husband/partner then starts to feel rejected and quite often makes it worse by straying and there are plenty of young unattached girls out there, ready to take advantage.
Thats my opinion anyway.

Last edited by granny; 23rd Dec 2013 9:51pm.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
eddie64 #845487 23rd Dec 2013 9:55pm
Newbeee
Newbeee
Sorry Granny but I find that extremely sexist.

Slenderman #845489 23rd Dec 2013 9:58pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Slenderman
Sorry Granny but I find that extremely sexist.

lamethrower

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
granny #845490 23rd Dec 2013 9:58pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by granny/

There are many reason for families splitting up , not just violence and all the nasty stuff. Quite often it's affects families who have both parents working rediculous hours and the whole structure of the family life falls apart. There doesn't have to be fighting, argueing or any other mental torment. It just fails ,tragically.some women are required to work, do the housework, help children with homework, shopping, washing , cooking etc., after school activities, taxiing them here there and everywhere and then be the sensual partner in bed at night. For goodness sake, lets be honest about this, the poor mums are worn out . Thats when things start to go wrong, I believe. The husband/partner then starts to feel rejected and quite often makes it worse by straying and there are plenty of young unattached girls out there, ready to take advantage.
Thats my opinion anyway.
I agree with most of what you are saying...apart from being gender specific. Some fathers do all the domestic stuff and mums have been known to stray too,for instance.

RUDEBOX #845495 23rd Dec 2013 10:04pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Agreed but most women with any sense would not jeopardize an already good marriage if she thought she would end up on her own providing for the children. Big gamble to take.

~Chief Seattle
granny #845505 23rd Dec 2013 10:18pm
Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by granny
Thats my opinion anyway.

Agreed but most women with any sense would not jeopardize an already good marriage if she thought she would end up on her own providing for the children. Big gamble to take.

I have never heard such sexist claptrap!

Rambo #845506 23rd Dec 2013 10:24pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
You need to talk to more women then. See what they have to say.

~Chief Seattle
granny #845508 23rd Dec 2013 10:45pm
Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Oh dear! smack Bollocks to the board games on Wednesday then,Rambo? lol

RUDEBOX #845517 23rd Dec 2013 11:07pm
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Hey- ho, as long as it saves the tax-payer a few quid-

How are children affected by domestic violence ?
The majority of children witness the violence that is occurring, and in 90% of cases they are in the same or next room (Hughes, 1992). Children can 'witness' domestic violence in many different ways. For example, they may get caught in the middle of an incident in an effort to make the violence stop. They may be in the room next door and hear the abuse or see their mother's physical injuries following an incident of violence. They may be forced to stay in one room or may not be allowed to play. They may be forced to witness sexual abuse or they may be forced to take part in verbally abusing the victim. All children witnessing domestic violence are being emotionally abused.

Are the effects the same for every child?

Children can experience both short and long term cognitive, behavioural and emotional effects as a result of witnessing domestic abuse. Each child will respond differently to trauma and some may be resilient and not exhibit any negative effects.

Children's responses to the trauma of witnessing DV may vary according to a multitude of factors including, but not limited to, age, race, sex and stage of development. It is equally important to remember that these responses may also be caused by something other than witnessing domestic violence, and therefore a thorough assessment of a child's situation is vital.

Children are individuals and may respond to witnessing abuse in different ways. These are some of the effects described in a briefing by the Royal College of Psychiatrists (2004):

They may become anxious or depressed
They may have difficulty sleeping
They have nightmares or flashbacks
They can be easily startled
They may complain of physical symptoms such as tummy aches
They may start to wet their bed
They may have temper tantrums
They may behave as though they are much younger than they are
They may have problems with school
They may become aggressive or they may internalise their distress and withdraw from other people
They may have a lowered sense of self-worth
Older children may begin to play truant or start to use alcohol or drugs
They may begin to self-harm by taking overdoses or cutting themselves
They may have an eating disorder
Children may also feel angry, guilty, insecure, alone, frightened, powerless or confused. They may have ambivalent feelings towards both the abuser and the non-abusing parent.

Why drag domestic violence into it? (I see you even have an acronym for it). It may be one reason for separation but I suspect more are as a result of infidelity. Maybe you should add to your list of consequences:
They may grow up to be well adjusted members of society.

Carpe diem.
eddie64 #845521 23rd Dec 2013 11:11pm
Addict
Addict

I talk to plenty of women, thanks. From that comment, you are saying that a lot of women are sexist?
Lets analyse your comments shall we?

In red, you say that women work and do all the washing, cooking, housework, child rearing and initiate the sex? And then they are worn out, (the poor mums)! In blue, the husband/partner does nothing and feels left out so has an affair!
In green, you say that women wouldn't jeopardise their marriage by having an affair. So women don't stray, they are totally faithful?!
So, what you are saying is that I, as a single, faithful father who washes, cleans, cooks, transports and has never raised a finger to any partner but raised 3 children on my own doesn't exist??? I refer to my previous post... I have never heard such sexist claptrap!

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,537 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,826 Spotted!