Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,791 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Beginner
Beginner
I'm down past Castleway, so that's the cut off point for the Wallasey exchange and the start of Arrowebrook frown I did check on Openreach and it said March 2014 for my cabinet!

Google Ads
Newbeee
Newbeee
Checked Sam Knows today and it states Arrowebrook is now accepting orders, however my availability check still says no.
I did find that I am supplied by CABINET 45, wherever that is. I also found this info below :-

BT Infinity has reached my area, but the availability checker says I can't get it?

When I look on the Openreach site, it says my local exchange is "accepting orders", but when I check the bt.com line checker I still can't get BT Infinity - why is this?
When Openreach declare an exchange is "accepting orders" this means that the exchange is ready to accept orders from all communications providers for fibre broadband services, such as BT Infinity.

However, even though an exchange may be "accepting orders", work on installing fibre in all the cabinets around the exchange area may not have been completed yet, and this takes time.

If the bt.com availability checker continues to say that you can't get BT Infinity, you should still be aware that not everyone who is served by a cabinet that is enabled for fibre broadband will be able to get BT Infinity. If you can't get it, it is likely that you are too far away from the cabinet.

Equally, there will also always be a number of cabinets in an exchange area which are not economically viable to upgrade to fibre. Your cabinet may be one of these. In some cases it could even take a government subsidy to bring superfast fibre broadband to you.

Information about your local situation can often be found on your County Council's website under Broadband Development UK (BDUK).

Old Hand
Old Hand
for any one one the caldy exchange like me:

Fibre optic broadband is estimated to be in your area between October 2013 and December 2013.

and never touch talktalk AT ALL.

pain in the rear spent 1 hr talking to them only for them to find out I was correct and had already done what they wanted before i called! told them i was an IT engineer and knew the ADSL was not synced! but nooooooooo i had to dance like a monkey for them!

Beginner
Beginner
Originally Posted by Papermaker
Checked Sam Knows today and it states Arrowebrook is now accepting orders, however my availability check still says no.
I did find that I am supplied by CABINET 45, wherever that is. I also found this info below :-

Hi all,

I've been following this thread since I've discovered it a few weeks ago and with the enabling of the exchange I though I'd post what I've found out so far. I've spoke to a BT Openreach back in July when I discovered the new FTTC cab opposite SPAR (round the corner from the existing one, it has vents) now they have told me:

"Thank you for your enquiry. You are connected to the Arrowebrook Exchange, cabinet 45.

Our systems indicate that work is ongoing with the deployment of your cabinet and, if all goes to plan, we are hopeful the cabinet will be ready for service early October 2013, barring any complications."

Obviously the exchange is now enabled and from my research exchanges are enabled when there are 10 cabs ready to go. These appear to be in Gresby area (I guess Leasowe wasn't deemed affluent enough by BT and take up wouldn't be so quick!) Now even though, as I mentioned before, the cab is installed there might still need to be additional work that needs to be done. So here comes the bad news:

"That's BT for you. BT will never rushing into this. They always keeping us in the dark. I had a friend who live in Wolverhampton as his exchange already enabled for FTTC but his cabinet (FTTC) stood there for 11 months (even he hear the fan is on) and cannot accepting order until 11 months! It a joke really" (Thinkbroadband user)

So it could be another year till we get acceptable broadband and as I'm sure many of you living in Leasowe know Virgin apparently doesn't have us on a map and refuse to expand their network. So with BT having absolutely no competition to worry about they can take their damn sweet time about it.

The only way I can see us influencing things is by:

• Asking folks to contact openreach to make us seem more viable - nga.enquiries@openreach.co.uk
  • Registering with the BT Infinity website for updates

Failing that the only other option is moving! Sorry for the bad news folks. frown

Newbeee
Newbeee
Good info, and as you say, maybe soon, may take forever, but at least I don't have to wander the streets looking for the famous CABINET 45 anymore !!

Addict
OP Offline
Addict

BT Infinity has reached my area, but the availability checker says I can't get it?

When I look on the Openreach site, it says my local exchange is "accepting orders", but when I check the bt.com line checker I still can't get BT Infinity - why is this?
When Openreach declare an exchange is "accepting orders" this means that the exchange is ready to accept orders from all communications providers for fibre broadband services, such as BT Infinity.

However, even though an exchange may be "accepting orders", work on installing fibre in all the cabinets around the exchange area may not have been completed yet, and this takes time.

If the bt.com availability checker continues to say that you can't get BT Infinity, you should still be aware that not everyone who is served by a cabinet that is enabled for fibre broadband will be able to get BT Infinity. If you can't get it, it is likely that you are too far away from the cabinet.

Equally, there will also always be a number of cabinets in an exchange area which are not economically viable to upgrade to fibre. Your cabinet may be one of these. In some cases it could even take a government subsidy to bring superfast fibre broadband to you.

Information about your local situation can often be found on your County Council's website under Broadband Development UK (BDUK).

Im on the wallsey exchange and this had been taking orders for a long while before I could actually get fibre optic. It went live in new brighton well over 12 months ago. I kept on looking on the openreach site and it always came back as fibre not in my area. used to do my head in then I got talking to the openreach engineers as they laid the new fibre cable, then a week or so later, they installed the new CAB over the road from me then it was about 2 weeks after the cab had been installed that the fibre went live. As soon as it went live, I placed my order (more or less). From the time I placed my order to actually getting it installed by an engineer, it was about 2 weeks. BTW, Fibre companies will tell you the install will take three hours, mine was installed in 10 mins.

Beginner
Beginner
Originally Posted by Spookie

Hi all,

I've been following this thread since I've discovered it a few weeks ago and with the enabling of the exchange I though I'd post what I've found out so far. I've spoke to a BT Openreach back in July when I discovered the new FTTC cab opposite SPAR (round the corner from the existing one, it has vents) now they have told me:

"Thank you for your enquiry. You are connected to the Arrowebrook Exchange, cabinet 45.

Our systems indicate that work is ongoing with the deployment of your cabinet and, if all goes to plan, we are hopeful the cabinet will be ready for service early October 2013, barring any complications."

Thanks for that information. I am also connected to the infamous Cabinet 45 and wondered where it was. wink Availability still not showing up on any ISP sites even though Openreach says Arrowebrook is accepting orders (from the ISPs, not public?). Openreach gives approximate dates (Oct13-March14) and I've registered my interest.

Beginner
Beginner
On my way to work today I noticed a BT Openreach Engineer working outside Manor Bakeries. Looks like be might have been connecting the recently laid fiber from the cab to what might be the blown fibre from the bottom of Reeds Lane. Didn't have time to ask him. But it looks like, at least, work is still continuing on getting us a proper internet connection at last.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I have Virgin Cable and get 60Mbps. I have noticed an awful lot of new green street cabinets being installed around New Ferry/Bebington/ and Rock Ferry. I assume they are BT's, installed for the new fibre network.

Maybe there'll be a bit of competition which will take prices down a bit. I certainly don't need more speed. Better reliability would be nice. I've had two outages lasting hours or days in the last few months.

Beginner
Beginner
So I contacted BT on the 1st of October and in typical BT fashion it took till today till they got back to me.

"As such, if all works go to plan and we don’t encounter any problems, we are predicting that the cabinet will go live for fibre broadband in late December."

More waiting then! smirk

Newbeee
Newbeee
I mailed them as well, early October, will post the response here when I get it

I think i will stick with my Virgin Media 120Mbps,

[Linked Image]

Addict
OP Offline
Addict
I mailed them as well, early October, will post the response here when I get it

If I lived in a virgin media area Id have it. The fibre optic speed is good enough for me. I connect at around 72mb to 75mb. No issues so far, its spot on

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
In practical terms I found very little difference between 30MB/sec and 60MB/sec after Virgin doubled it last year. On testing it it is indeed twice as fast, but downloads tend to be limited by the speed at which the server at the far end can supply data, and their reaction time when you initiate a download is of course unchanged. The result is that it doesn't SEEM twice as fast. It feels about the same.

Upload speed is a lot lower. I get 3MB/sec so if I'm sending data sending it's very slow indeed.

Newbeee
Newbeee
Got this Email from Sky today, although on checking, I am still not available, but it must be getting close now !!

Good news - we've started connecting your area to the Sky Fibre network. We wanted to let you know straight away and invite you to check if Sky Fibre is available at your address.

If you can't get it just yet, don't worry - we're busy making superfast Sky Fibre available to more and more homes in your area. As soon as we're done we'll be back in touch, but feel free to keep checking for yourself in the meantime.

Kind regards,

The Sky Broadband Team

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mark 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am