Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
8 members (3 invisible), 8,629 guests, and 424 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#780621 26th Mar 2013 6:42pm
Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
We're is this government going to hit next!!
First bedroom tax now unemployed to pay council tax! I always thought unemployment benifit was to help you to live while you looked for another job! Luckily I don't come into this now as I'm retired, but my son is having to pay this council tax, I know he's not the only one, but this will put a lot of people in hardship, can't this government see what they're doing? Obviously not. Mr Cameron should try to live on what the unemployed have to live on, I feel so sorry for those who are having to pay bedroom tax and council tax out of there benifit, and some are having to leave homes they have been in for years! It's not right!!

Google Ads
Addict
Addict
They are not made to pay all of it, £160 per month or whatever, it is a contribution towards it, which is about £5 a week. It's nothing new either, when i was on it i had the same, the majority is paid, but you have to pay some. Likewise, not all my rent was covered either. That was about £7 a week.

Benefits do need cutting down, it is far too easy to live off benefits, even as a single person with the minimum benefits. Why get a job when you are comfy on benefits? Give people motivation. There are jobs out there, despite what people say, it's just that too many aren't willing to the demeanial cleaning jobs etc.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by chris7777
We're is this government going to hit next!!
First bedroom tax now unemployed to pay council tax! I always thought unemployment benifit was to help you to live while you looked for another job! Luckily I don't come into this now as I'm retired, but my son is having to pay this council tax, I know he's not the only one, but this will put a lot of people in hardship, can't this government see what they're doing? Obviously not. Mr Cameron should try to live on what the unemployed have to live on, I feel so sorry for those who are having to pay bedroom tax and council tax out of there benifit, and some are having to leave homes they have been in for years! It's not right!!

in the immortal words of Bill Gates: "life isn't fair, get used to it"

i'm not saying it's right or wrong, it just is how it is. unfortunately.

Originally Posted by peodude
They are not made to pay all of it, £160 per month or whatever, it is a contribution towards it, which is about £5 a week. It's nothing new either, when i was on it i had the same, the majority is paid, but you have to pay some. Likewise, not all my rent was covered either. That was about £7 a week.

Benefits do need cutting down, it is far too easy to live off benefits, even as a single person with the minimum benefits. Why get a job when you are comfy on benefits? Give people motivation. There are jobs out there, despite what people say, it's just that too many aren't willing to the demeanial cleaning jobs etc.

i agree with him ^

having been on benefits for a few years in the past, i concur that it is far too easy to recluse into the passive lifestyle and live like that, but being someone who has expensive hobbies (mostly guitar related) i needed a job to find that so got off my backside and finally got one.

Last edited by j_demo; 26th Mar 2013 7:19pm.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Breaking News!!!!! Employed have to pay tax, NI, rent/mortgage, council tax, bills... the list goes on.

Someone call the police.

Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
Well I have claimed unemployment benifit in the past and I never had to pay rent or tax out of it! And we're is this £160 month come from? If my son had to pay that he would never be able to live, and if you had to pay rent and tax you must of got more benefits! And by the way.....no one on unemployment lives comfy! I know....I've been there and it's no holiday!!
Maybe there are jobs out there but do you know how many apply for one job!!my son applys for jobs after job...he phones, emails, writes, searches the Internet.....and most don't have the decency to reply!!!!You

Smartchild
Smartchild
I always thought unemployment benifit was to help you to live while you looked for another job!

It is!! But some people decide to sit on it for years turning down job after job while the wait for the 'right' job. Face it, bedroom tax is not something people have to pay, it is simply a reduction in HOUSING BENEFIT, for Council tenants and Housing Association Tenants ONLY who get the benefit, not renters of private properties.

I was made redundant, I was given HB for 13 weeks, this was enough time to find more work, if I had stayed unemployed then i would have had the amount reduced. And fair enough! There are plenty of jobs out there, people are too fussy. So what if you have a degree in whatever, if you can't get a job in that field then tough, get a job in whatever and while working keep looking for that 'better' job.

Benefits are not some kind of hand out, they are an entitlement to support hard working people when they are in their time of need, too often these days people start their working age life on benefits and it never changes.

I am not saying I support when people in really harsh situations that we are reading about daily on the news who are having their HB reduced (because it is NOT a tax and no one pays it, it's just a reduction in the support you get) is a good thing, and I am not a conservative but I am a hard working person and benefits have supported me a few times in my life, they are NOT a source of income, unless you are unable to work, but thats another conversation!

Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
Well all I'm going to say is that I've seen my son apply for job after job only to be turned down....thats all....I'm not getting into this....I know what I see......

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Well all I'm going to say is that I've seen my son apply for job after job only to be turned down....thats all....I'm not getting into this....I know what I see......

that's fine, but have you considered he keeps getting rejected because his CV isn't good enough?
tell him to think about here

Wise One
Wise One
if your forced into a job you dont want to do will you do that job to the best of your ability.......i think not. mr cameron gets housing benifit and a food alouance ON TOP OF A WAGE so where is the justice in that? he needs to try living on the money he offeres then claws back! STOP THE HAND OUTS TO THE IMIGRANTS AND SENDING WHAT LITTLE MONEY WE HAVE TO BAIL OUT OTHER COUNTRYS THE PR**K!!!!!

Newbeee
Newbeee
There are jobs out there, despite what people say, it's just that too many aren't willing to the demeanial cleaning jobs etc.

Correct, there are jobs out there.
Incorrect that they are demenial.

Being a checkout girl in Adsa with a law degree or being a public toilet cleaner with a masters degree may hurt some peoples pride but you will get A LOT more respect from rolling up your sleeves and doing a bit rather than sitting on your arse and doing nothing.

Doing temporary work and having lots of different jobs on a CV isn't a bad thing. It means you are a WORKER not a SHIRKER

As I said in a previous post (an got slated for it) When writing a CV you want to put a theoretical massive PICK ME at the top.
Mention anything you like to do, moreover, if it is a bit weird or different. It compells an employer to want to give you an interview to find out more about you.

(Morris dancing is a good one!!)

Addict
Addict
And we're is this £160 month come from?

£160 a month is roughly round the price council tax is for most normal everyday working people. No-one said he would have to pay that, he will pay around 10% of that.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
This is the same as the bedroom tax thread, people are complaining because the FREE money they are handed every week/month is being reduced. Diddums I pay stupid amounts of tax everymonth, then bills/mortgage... I dont complain about them rising!

If hes being rejected for every job maybe hes aiming to high? Or could it be his CV? It might be worth having a read over it and double checking it to ensure it is 100%

Has he tried agency work? Getting into a factory and working on the production line. Between college and starting my apprenticeship I worked as a packer at a factory, being there for 3months enlightened me to ensure I never went back and tried my hardest from then on.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
"Morris Dancing is a good one"

-what if the potential employer is an avid Morris Dancer and the applicant hasn't a clue!!! Hmm,honesty is best I think re. Hobbies.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
And we're is this £160 month come from?

he will pay around 10% of that.
22% of ctx bill.

Newbeee
Newbeee
Originally Posted by RUDEBOX
"Morris Dancing is a good one"

-what if the potential employer is an avid Morris Dancer and the applicant hasn't a clue!!! Hmm,honesty is best I think re. Hobbies.

The trick is to be as "honest" as you can

My CV says I speak English French Polish and Arabic

I am not lying by the way. I can hold a reasonable conversation in all the above. But just not completely 100% fluently

The employer gave me an interview because he wanted to ask me about why these languages (Polish and Arabic) they are not exactly languages people learn at school

Anyway once I was in the interview the main thing for any company is sell sell sell followed by customer services and then more sellng by adding on

For example. If someone is buying a curry then sell them the toilet roll too
If someone is buying a part to fit to their car then sell them a box of gloves too

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
TheComputerLab
TheComputerLab
Wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am