this is being advertised internally
A vacancy has arisen for a permanent, part time accounts assistant based at Valley Road, Birkenhead.
Main responsibilities of the role are:
• Maintenance of cash books for 4 companies, including preparation of monthly cash flow statements and bank reconciliations.
• Maintenance of purchase ledgers including coding and posting of all invoices, preparation of cheque runs and liaising with suppliers.
• Maintenance of fixed asset registers including preparation of depreciation journals on monthly basis.
• Preparation of monthly prepayment journals and maintenance of prepayment accounts.
• Preparation and posting of other general ledger journals as required.
• Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Essential qualifications and competencies are:
• Experience of preparation of accounts to trail balance is essential.
• Strong excel skills.
• Experience of JDE is preferred but not essential.
• Candidates should be able to work to a high level of accuracy and be able to meet reporting deadlines.
Core hours are 21 hours per week to be worked over three, four or five days, as preferred. It would be preferable for the candidate to be flexible and be able to work up to 30 hours per week if work load requires.
To apply, please send a CV to Claire Rivington by no later than 20 March 2013.