WikiWirral 14yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Stats
12452 Members
65 Forums
73750 Topics
996935 Posts
81 posts in the last 24hrs
Max Online: 7831 @ 8th Apr 2013 4:18pm
Who's Online - Click Me
68 registered (alan128, 14 invisible), 1401 Guests and 199 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Social Media : Follow Us

(Views 7days)This Weeks Most Read
Games for children 1019
Fitting bathroom lights need help 375
Travelling Bus and Train Which Tickets? 309
Submarine Disaster 292
Anyone read this ? 283
Bath Lifts 194
Great Mystery Of Our Time 156
Are there any doctors or nurses on here. 127
Charity fishing match 114
Wanted wii consul box 110
New General Forums
Great Mystery Of Our Time
by Spellbinder
Yesterday at 02:19 PM
Brexit bill
by casper
20th Nov 2017 7:33pm
Telephone Caller Alert - they are NOT BT BROADBAND
by Laraine
17th Nov 2017 6:04pm
Are you a Mathematician ?
by granny
15th Nov 2017 8:59am
New Wirral History
Downloadable oldwirral pdfs
by derekdwc
9th Oct 2017 12:26pm
Forum Tips
Photo Gallery Forums
clipper yachts arriving for round the world race
Azamara,silouette and balmoral this mornig
Topic Replies
Extending dining table with six chairs
by kazaroo
Yesterday at 09:21 PM
Submarine Disaster
by diggingdeeper
Yesterday at 08:30 PM
Likely Lad Rodney Dies
by granny
Yesterday at 08:21 PM
Fitting bathroom lights need help
by diggingdeeper
Yesterday at 04:35 PM
What is your Daily Exercise ?
by granny
20th Nov 2017 10:11pm
Vaping set
by paul110180
20th Nov 2017 1:45pm
Charity fishing match
by paul110180
20th Nov 2017 1:43pm
Charity fishing match
by paul110180
20th Nov 2017 1:32pm
Games for children
by venice
20th Nov 2017 1:58am
November
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30
Recent Posts : What's On ?
The Lanterns at Chester Zoo
by granny
16th Nov 2017 1:05pm
bonfire night
by snowhite
3rd Nov 2017 5:40pm
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#741197 - 7th Nov 2012 1:42pm Vehicle Checks
Willo_ Offline
Forum Master

Loc: Merseyside
I have just got my new V% doc through post, and car is listed as a saloon.
Phoned DVLA and they say they can not change it, as car is a saloon.

My car is a hatchback.

Done a few checks online and they all come back with car being a saloon.

Even fords ETTIS web site says its a saloon

Attachments: Viewing Permissions May Apply. Click Me
Capture.JPG

Google Ads
#741224 - 7th Nov 2012 3:15pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
chriskay Offline
Forum Veteran

Loc: shropshire
If Ford have chosen to call it a saloon, that's it. I guess you can live with it.

#741226 - 7th Nov 2012 3:19pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: chriskay]
Willo_ Offline
Forum Master

Originally Posted By: chriskay
If Ford have chosen to call it a saloon, that's it. I guess you can live with it.
I can live with it yes, thats not the problem, the problem is the insurance company, and its a pain in the arse when everytime i go past a police car with ANPR camera on it, and they stop me, as plate comes back to a different car.

Edited by BurgerChips (7th Nov 2012 3:21pm)

#741416 - 8th Nov 2012 7:53am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
keving Offline
Smartchild

Loc: wirral
Why does the ANPR camera go off? surely the camera doesnt read your reg and then decide your car isn't a saloon ?
my understanding was the ANPR would only alert the driver for things like : Stolen vehicle, no tax, no insurance, no MOT. And then also if your car has a fingered as being suspicious, as in being previously used in a crime or anti social behavior.

Cant see a way round it though if the DVLA refuse to change it, perhaps drive to the chester office, and speak in person. My dealings with the DVLA have shown that most of the time, it's just who you speak to, and if they can be bothered helping you.

#741422 - 8th Nov 2012 8:43am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
turnip Online   content
Forum Guide

Keving you're right. there's no reason for an ANPR camera to go off unless he's actually done things wrong. I think it's one of those cases of adjusting the facts to fit round a story.

#741426 - 8th Nov 2012 9:14am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: keving]
Willo_ Offline
Forum Master

Originally Posted By: keving
Why does the ANPR camera go off? surely the camera doesnt read your reg and then decide your car isn't a saloon ?
my understanding was the ANPR would only alert the driver for things like : Stolen vehicle, no tax, no insurance, no MOT. And then also if your car has a fingered as being suspicious, as in being previously used in a crime or anti social behavior.

Cant see a way round it though if the DVLA refuse to change it, perhaps drive to the chester office, and speak in person. My dealings with the DVLA have shown that most of the time, it's just who you speak to, and if they can be bothered helping you.
It pings anpr as my car shows up as untaxed, even tho it is taxed, thats when questions get asked.

I will ignore the complete idiot who posted after yourself, he is on my ignore list since he tried charging me a fortune to do my cam belt, even the fella from serpentine road, who was on watchdog. would of been cheaper than him

#741444 - 8th Nov 2012 9:47am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
keving Offline
Smartchild

Originally Posted By: BurgerChips
It pings anpr as my car shows up as untaxed, even tho it is taxed, thats when questions get asked.

I will ignore the complete idiot who posted after yourself, he is on my ignore list since he tried charging me a fortune to do my cam belt, even the fella from serpentine road, who was on watchdog. would of been cheaper than him

Ah ok, perhaps go chester then and explain it, bit of a pain but less of a pain getting quizzed all the time. They can prob sort the tax issue also. Does depend on what day you go and who you speak to though. As with most things fridays are better than mondays for getting people to assist you.
LOL re the cam belt comment grin How much did he want ? And who is the guy from serpintine road? missed that watchdog

#741451 - 8th Nov 2012 10:04am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: keving]
Willo_ Offline
Forum Master

Ah ok, perhaps go chester then and explain it, bit of a pain but less of a pain getting quizzed all the time. They can prob sort the tax issue also. Does depend on what day you go and who you speak to though. As with most things fridays are better than mondays for getting people to assist you.
LOL re the cam belt comment grin How much did he want ? And who is the guy from serpintine road? missed that watchdog
https://www.wikiwirral.co.uk/forums/ubbth...html#Post736659

#741452 - 8th Nov 2012 10:04am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: keving]
mrhanky Offline
Forum Addict

Loc: my house
could of pinged the anpr if it was when you'd only just taxed it.

plod know that anpr/dvla are not always 100% correct, there is a form plod can give you when you've been stopped to say that it is just a 'clerical error' may not stop you getting pulled but can save loads of hassle if you do get stopped.

as long as the make, model and colour match up then once the tax issue (if there is one) then i doubt that any copper would ever notice what body type it comes up as.

#741460 - 8th Nov 2012 11:01am Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
TheDr Offline
Forum Master

Loc: Wirral
The ANPR isn't totally up to date, and the police know this, so if the tax/insurance/MoT was in the last few days their system might not have it on yet.

They can check it fairly quickly if they wanted to, MoT and Tax are updated on the VOSA and DVLA sites instantly, but the ANPR doesn't actually work like that.

The body type isn't a real issue, unless your insurance company has it insured as the wrong one, just check your policy, they can correct/amend it easily if needed.

If you want DVLA to sort it out you can either call in and see them or return your log book with a covering letter explaining that you need to make a CORRECTION to the details listed, you must state that as otherwise they could enter it as a MODIFICATION, which can lead to whole heap of paperwork you neither want nor need.

Chester office is okay but I've spent 4-5hours there queuing more than once, found Manchester to be much better staffed, a lot bigger and FAR more helpful, I don't think it's taken me more than 45min from going in to coming out even at the busiest time, and that included a vehicle check.

#741590 - 8th Nov 2012 11:08pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
turnip Online   content
Forum Guide

I can only possibly assume you mean the time you messed my dad around by getting him to come round then ignoring his calls? And I hardly think 90 to change a Cambelt is 'a fortune' considering you were pretty happy with the price to begin with.

#741592 - 8th Nov 2012 11:23pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: turnip]
Willo_ Offline
Forum Master

Originally Posted By: turnip

I can only possibly assume you mean the time you messed my dad around by getting him to come round then ignoring his calls? And I hardly think 90 to change a Cambelt is 'a fortune' considering you were pretty happy with the price to begin with.
Your dad did not call round, so please do not tell lies. And i did not arrange for him to call round, if he did, he did it off his own back, as i gave you my number to give to him to phone me first, if he decided to call round without phoning me, then that is not my fault.

But hell, you tried charging me 200 for the parts and fitting, I still have pm's to confirm this.
This is as bad as bloke from serpentine road.

#741595 - 8th Nov 2012 11:32pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
turnip Online   content
Forum Guide

Your dad did not call round, so please do not tell lies. And i did not arrange for him to call round, if he did, he did it off his own back, as i gave you my number to give to him to phone me first, if he decided to call round without phoning me, then that is not my fault.

But hell, you tried charging me 200 for the parts and fitting, I still have pm's to confirm this.
This is as bad as bloke from serpentine road.

Please feel free to post these as I'd love to see them. Pretty sure we said 90 for labour then detailed the parts. You yourself even said you managed to get some cheaper. Just because your mental capacity is clearly below that of a child it does not mean everyone else's is. As for 'being as bad as the guy from serpentine road' what a load of bull and how dare you talk about my dad like that. There's plenty of people on here he's done work for who didn't mess him around and are very happy with the price and service.

#741597 - 8th Nov 2012 11:33pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: Willo_]
turnip Online   content
Forum Guide

And I'm not going to dignify anything you have to say with a response. You truly are an idiot.

#741598 - 8th Nov 2012 11:34pm Re: Vehicle Checks [Re: turnip]
Willo_ Offline
Forum Master

Copy of your pm

Hi Ian, I have a price for the cam belt change on your car if you are still after it. If you have the parts it is 90. We suggest using a whole kit rather than just a belt which includes the tensioners as well. We would use a gates cam belt kit as these are well known for being reliable. For the kit from a reputable retailer it is around 70, just the belt is around 20-30.

It may also be worth considering changing the water pump whilst the cam belt is changed. No extra labour cost, just the cost of the anti freeze and water pump.

We believe the cost of the water pump plus antifreeze would be around 45. If you would like an exact price we could do with the registration number of the vehicle, also is the cam cover black in colour?

So you are looking just over 200ish if you want the cam belt kit, water pump, anti freeze change and labour.

Where abouts do you live as my dad will pop round, free of charge, and see if he can diagnose the noise from the engine before we do the work, just incase it is something else.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  StuyMac 
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Likely Lad Rodney Dies
by fish5133
Yesterday at 07:43 PM
Submarine Disaster
by diggingdeeper
20th Nov 2017 5:46pm
by yr20405
17th Nov 2017 11:29pm
Charity fishing match
by paul110180
17th Nov 2017 9:29pm
Games for children
by granny
17th Nov 2017 1:35am
For Sale & Free
Extending dining table with six chairs
by kazaroo
20th Nov 2017 4:46pm
Water Dispenser Cold Cool Machine Cooler
by markyport
19th Nov 2017 4:45pm
where to get cheap carpet
by mickturner
17th Nov 2017 4:24pm
White radiator single panel 1400 x 600 - good cond
by gerrymoore
16th Nov 2017 9:16am
Samsung Galaxy S7 Titanium Silver + Extras
by j_demo
15th Nov 2017 7:29pm
Featured Member
Newest Members
wagonwheel82, Norfolk, monadrexx, Dipper, DarioLo
12452 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
New Wirral Info
by yr20405
17th Nov 2017 11:29pm
Games for children
by granny
17th Nov 2017 1:35am
Bath Lifts
by locomotive
16th Nov 2017 6:22pm
The Lanterns at Chester Zoo
by granny
16th Nov 2017 1:05pm
Travelling Bus and Train Which Tickets?
by fish5133
15th Nov 2017 5:31pm
News : New Topics
Submarine Disaster
by diggingdeeper
20th Nov 2017 5:46pm
Anyone read this ?
by venice
16th Nov 2017 3:22pm
Is this crime against humanity
by granny
13th Nov 2017 4:04pm
Wedding for Cancer Research !
by Katemargaret
11th Nov 2017 10:38pm
The EU and us.
by Excoriator
11th Nov 2017 8:44am
New Enthusiast Forums
Likely Lad Rodney Dies
by fish5133
Yesterday at 07:43 PM
Charity fishing match
by paul110180
17th Nov 2017 9:29pm
Are there any doctors or nurses on here.
by granny
16th Nov 2017 11:52pm
Taltalk Broadband Dying
by diggingdeeper
15th Nov 2017 3:40am
Replacement Key Fob casing
by fish5133
14th Nov 2017 7:45pm
(Views 24hrs)Trending Newest Topics
Great Mystery Of Our Time 156
Likely Lad Rodney Dies 44
Wirral Sunrise Sunset