WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,315
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
5 members (2 invisible), 10,130 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Smartchild
Smartchild
I have used your services and will do again,I have passed your name onto others who are more than happy.
Refund I think not.

Google Ads
Forum Master
Forum Master
I would of played the nice guy lol, with a bit of sarcasm thrown in, i would of offered him a chair to sit on while he waited in shop, and offered him a cup of tea and a paper to read while he waited.

But refund, not a chance.

If am honest I have done this my self in Vodafone shop in Liverpool, I bought a phone, and it was broke, I asked for refund they refused, so I say in chair by till and refused to move, explaing to customers why I was there, and within 5 mins I had my money back, and an extra £20 top up voucher.

Doc this guy was probs after some money for his next score of drugs, and if you had of given in, next thing you know his bag head mates would all be in trying it on.

If he comes back call the police, its your shop, and you have the right to refuse people entry.

He can post things about the shop all he wants, you have built up a reputation, and people are not going to believe that crap.

Forum Guide
Forum Guide
I have only managed to find one such review which looks like him

http://directory.independent.co.uk/company/bigabyte/10011604

Forum Master
Forum Master
i'd have been tempted to knock him out, which is probably why i'm not in retail any more......

cos i'm that kinda guy...
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
You did the right thing.

However, how would you deal with a potential customer who has PM'd you for advice and wanting you to upgrade his computer for him? Would you read the PM and not reply?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Seen this sort of thing before - usually they are desperate for cash. The others are right about his mates trying it on as well if you give in to the pressure. If he turns up again I suggest you call the law to move him on.

Smartchild
Smartchild
Some people think that if they shout and bluster they'll get what they want so people will just get rid of them. I'm glad your staff stood up to him in a nice way. If he had been genuine then he would have stayed to sort it out reasonably and had proof of where he had the work done. If you find out where he has given you bad reviews let me know and I'll put in an excellent review to counter it. Your staff were fabulous with me and my problem when my PC was riddled with viruses.

Addict
Addict
The guy is an obvious arsehole trying it on, your staff did the right thing.

PB

Beginner
Beginner
Point 1: It takes a lot to sit in a shop all day and make a t_t of yourself.

Point 2: If he was after easy money 'for drugs', you'd not have seen him again after he got the knock back. He certainly wouldn't have carried it on into next day or 2 and onto the internet with what appears to be a full name.

Point 2.1: people who 'try it on' don't publicise their attempted con doing the above.

So I think he sounds legit: he says couldn't bring the phone in for repair as he'd sent it off to the IoM.

You also appear to acknowledge that this phone was in your hands... so a reciept isn't really needed as you both agree on this.

Your rememdy appears to be for the recievee to post the phone back to the shop. That's got to be at least £2-£4 every time it goes in a padded envelope. Plus the hassle of the recievee being without the phone.

BUT it's only fair that you should have had the chance to see this 'fault' and to have had a go at rectifying it yourself.

So to prove a fault excisted, and to prove he's paid out again at a second shop to fix your work, he (or this IoM person... the recievee) should be able to provide that shops Phone No/contact details. That said, he's asking the recievee to return to the shop and get details and maybe the OK for the first shop to ring up on. I think that's a big ask and is maybe too much hassle.

Bottom line: there probably was a fault but as he's gone about it the wrong way, he now can't prove that to you... plus it was your error to fix.

p.s. I admit the tale of 'its gone to the IoM is a bit 'well you would say that, wouldn't you' but... this stuff happens to me. Did he mention the destination prior to delivery?

Beginner
Beginner
Originally Posted by TheDr

Today he phones the Rock Ferry shop (obviously he thought it was the same place) with a "remember me" and "I was in your place yesterday about the job you didn't do" type thing, which the staff there knew nothing about.

Do your 2 shops share the same name? If so, he's looked online or yellow pages and took the wrong phone No down.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
i have used your services also and would do again.

TheDr Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
Originally Posted by sunnyside
i have used your services also and would do again.

Thank you smile

In reply to SpamEater:

I agree, he went around it the wrong way, coming in and shouting at the young girl is never going to help your (his) cause.

Every phone that comes in has its details taken, so he wasn't asked for a receipt, just some proof of any sort that the phone wasn't unlocked. This was easy enough to do, either let me see the phone or tell me who unlocked it.

I KNOW that this phone was unlocked, the reason I KNOW is that when the phone came in I can normally do this one in a few hours, however somebody had messed around with the software on it and I had to reflash the phone (at no extra charge), which takes a while on these. When the reflash is done you then connect the phone to your computer and the software is read, the information is sent off to a server and the code comes back, you put a SIM card in and when it asks for the unlock code you type it in, I remember doing it, HOWEVER, you can always doubt yourself, and years ago certain phones "could" relock (haven't heard about it in a long time though) so he was simply asked either for the phone (to which he said a place on the IoM had done it) or the name of the place.

Mistakes do happen in business (and in everyday life) from time to time and when they do you either fix them or pay for them. I've done it many times over the years, but I don't respond well to threats.

He never has come back again, the following day he rang another shop and the same day he wrote a bad review, about the wrong shop. Haven't heard a word from him since.

If he was genuine and he was reasonable it would have been sorted, the amount of money wasn't the issue, it was the bullying attitude towards the staff and his evasiveness about where the phone had been done.

Many shops and supermarkets have notices in them now about staff having the RIGHT to work without harassment threats or violence from customers, and that action is taken against those who perform such acts. If he'd have come in in a reasonable manner we'd likely have just rung the two places on the IoM to see if they'd done it, come in screaming and shouting means you'll probably be ignored.

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
TheDr, your attitude sounds perfectly reasonable to me.

Carpe diem.
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
On a serious note, I've used him and would do again... however, there seems to be a problem with PM's which make TheDr look silly.

He said he's replied to me yet I've not had anything, I also sent him a PM telling him I'd replied and had no reply.

Please, admin, can you investigate?

TheDr Offline OP
Forum Master
OP Offline
Forum Master
Originally Posted by BigBadBorisJ
On a serious note, I've used him and would do again... however, there seems to be a problem with PM's which make TheDr look silly.

He said he's replied to me yet I've not had anything, I also sent him a PM telling him I'd replied and had no reply.

Hi, you PM'd me last week asking for a price on some upgrades for your Mac, you mentioned (on here) that I didn't reply to PM's and I responded (via PM) by pointing out the message I'd already sent to you with various ideas and costings for the different upgrades you asked about, which shows in my folder as being read.

Not entirely sure what else I can do, if there's a problem with PM's that's something for Admin to resolve, I'm strictly forbidden from "advertising" on here which is why I never mention the shop name, any offers we are doing or list for sale any item that is also for sale in the shop. This means I can't give you the prices on an open forum. Sorry smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,240 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,349 Spotted!