Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,139 guests, and 433 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by OutlawBlues
I want to move onto raw feeding but I've read some things about causing problems aswell, I've read one or two online msgs about people who's dogs have died due to the bones ripping up their insides and a few things about the raw food being unsafe to feed, I know some raw meats are but as long as you are carefull about where the food comes from is should be ok right?. I tried a few raw items with my dog and it didnt go well so I want to do more research first, at first I gave her a very small amount of mince which wasnt pretty the next day and a while later we gave her some raw lamb bones, it was messy and she threw up the next day (although Im not sure this wasnt due to the milk my partner had also tried to give her a few hours previously) Ive read a bit maore into it and realised that I should be feeding her chicken to begin with and I know it takes a while for the system to get used to it but it still worries me abit. Tilly where do you get your meat from, I can only do it if it works out not to expensive, I'd like to find a
butchers to get chicken carcas from, and I know morrisons do cheap bones and bits and pieces and I found
a place on leasowe road that specifically sells raw pet food but i'd be good to know what everyone else
round here does

Hiya..I get my food from Ann Ridyard at Designer dogs groomers on leasowe road. her raw suppliers are 'D.A.F. (Durham Animal Foods) She is very passionate about the health of dogs and has written and published 2 books called 'Dogs Diner' and 'Dogs Diner Revisited' There is also a web site and a Facebook page with loads of info and advice called 'Raw Feeding UK' I'll post the links up later if you want. or you can ring her at the studio.
Only cooked bones are dangerous to the dogs intestines, and cows milk does upset the dogs digestive
system. Green tripe is especially good for dogs, it stinks but my dogs love it. It costs me on average £25 per week to feed 4 big dogs so the prices are really good. If you take it slow and start on with the minced
chicken and build up gradually I'm sure you wont look back and your dog will love you even more. xx

Google Ads
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Tarot has the organic/wheat/gluten/additive free food from Pets at Home and occasionally the tripe butchers. It's all she will eat apart from mackerel, tripe, tuna, pasta, rice, some veg and some very strange things. I discovered the hard way that it's not safe to leave things like curry, chilli, garlic bread, carbonara, lasagne, prawn crackers and naan breads within her reach if I'm not within grabbing distance raftl

She won't eat chappie, chum, shops own brands or any of the major dog foods. She has a dental chew every morning and her teeth are those of a dog half her age or more.

I put a teaspoon of garlic oil & a tablespoon of fish oil (from tins of mackerel) in with her dinner - it makes her coat shine and she hasn't had a flea or any treatment for them since I've had her. I don't think they like the garlic smile

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Garlic is what I also use to keep fleas and ticks at bay. I crush 1 clove into their food once a week smile

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
I suspect you keep your home well-aired Tilly.

Forum Master
Forum Master
I use the dry food from Aldi or Lidl & mix rice in it.she also has sardines mackrel or tuna added,have to watch her though because she will eat anything.

no1s gonna keep me from u
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by eggandchips
make a paste with bicarbonate of soda, and rub with one of those rubber thimble (used for counting notes etc)

never use humans toothpaste

Thanks for that .. will give it a go.
cheers

Newbeee
Newbeee
I tried dried tripe sticks before, they stank, didnt realise they smelt that bad, thought they might have gone off at first, she loved them tho. What type of raw food is that then, is it more the pre made stuff or just raw meat on bones, as thats what I want to do, yes if you could post the link that would be brilliant. yep, she's not too keen on kibble and loved it when I have given her raw meat, I just dont see the point in feeding her food she doesnt enjoy!

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
I tried dried tripe sticks before, they stank, didnt realise they smelt that bad, thought they might have gone off at first, she loved them tho. What type of raw food is that then, is it more the pre made stuff or just raw meat on bones, as thats what I want to do, yes if you could post the link that would be brilliant. yep, she's not too keen on kibble and loved it when I have given her raw meat, I just dont see the point in feeding her food she doesnt enjoy!

Tripe is so smelly and green, makes me bork sometimes but the dogs love it so much i havent got the heart (unless its a cows one) to not feed it them lol!!

facebook groups... Raw Feeding UK
Raw Feeding for Wirral and Merseyside
and web site. Raw feeding web site

Newbeee
Newbeee
haha, I know what you mean, you can tell when molly rly loves certaing thinks coz she'll run off with it and sit in a cartain place rather than just eat it where you give it, and she usually shadow you everywhere. Thanks for the links smile

Wiki Guide
Wiki Guide
Our sally-ann [rescue dog from the kennel's] has dry food'Dr John silver £10 per large bag from the kennel,s. Last,s 6 mths.And a half tin of meat in jelly .[won,t eat meat in gravy] Very lively and healthy terrier cross.

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
haha, I know what you mean, you can tell when molly rly loves certaing thinks coz she'll run off with it and sit in a cartain place rather than just eat it where you give it, and she usually shadow you everywhere. Thanks for the links smile

You welcome smile
Let me know how it goes.
p.s what breed of dog is Molly? xx

Newbeee
Newbeee
I will do, its going to be a few weeks before I change her diet over but I am looking forward to it and will let you know, she is a staffy/border collie cross.

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
I will do, its going to be a few weeks before I change her diet over but I am looking forward to it and will let you know, she is a staffy/border collie cross.

thumbsup

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
i switched rufus to raw feeding 4 weeks ago and would not go back to commercial i also get my raw food from ann on leasowe road do your home work and find out as much as you can about raw like tilly said rawfeeding uk on face book is a great place for help and support since the change over to raw the diffrence in rufus poops have gone from 4 times aday and being mr whippy to once aday and solid his coat has gone very shinney altho would nt say it is cheaper to feed raw but early days yet sure once i find more sources ie butchers etc to get bones from then am sure i make some savings altho the cost does nt out weigh the benefits of raw feeding

Newbeee
Newbeee
Its more about if I can afford it, we took her in coz she wasn't being looked after too well but our financial situation isnt quite perfect, I dont mind a bit more expensive but within reason tho looking into the wieght thing I dont think she will need a lot anyway! but yes its deffinatly about the benefits, sometimes her poos are firm but sometimes, err yeh mr. whippy is the best explaination lol, she does them in the most awkward places to pick up too. She has an excellent coat and teeth anyway but I think it would be a huge shame to jepordise this by feedibg her crap, I see sooo many dogs around here that are old at 8 and overweight and are loosing teeth and if raw feeding is going to prevent that then its the way to go.
I have joined the facebook group smile with ann on leasowe road do you have to order in advance or can you go in and pick up a few things? I'm going to pop into a few butchers and see what they can do for me too.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am