Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,628 guests, and 425 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 6 61 62
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz
Common sense says it's a good idea.

I just find it morally wrong that a couple who have been in the house for say 25 years or more, whose kids have now left home, may have worked for 35 years paying taxes but lose their jobs in recession, then could lose the FAMILY home because of a bedroom tax, they may have only been claiming benefit's for a matter of months.

Seriously needs reviewing.

withthat some people have spent years and a lot of money doing their homes up and making them comfortable for their old age and as for moving people into 1bed flats the disabled will need groundfloor flats, not many of them about!!!

Mens sana in corpore sano
Google Ads
Guardian
Guardian
Originally Posted by Kevinx
This Corrupt Government would back down on this if everyone affected got out in numbers and protested, even Rioted (if needs be) like the French and many other Countries do. But sadly as a nation we are a load of shit and have a little moan to eachother or online but dont take it any further!!
This Government know we are weak and this is why they are gonna destroy as many working class as they possibly can before Labour get back in power in 2015.

withthat

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
It would appear that the whole 'b' country has gone mad.
Gone are the days late 60's/70's and 80's when renting became a thing of the past. A high percentage of young married couples could get a mortgage and set up home. Then the interest rate rocketed and saw many loose their homes. Now if anyone can find an affordable rented property, they are about to be penalised for it if there are one too many bedrooms. Where does the figure of earnings of £500 per week picture in this? Is that the lower income bracket in London and the South East? I find that quite a substantial sum for this part of the world.

This vaguely reminds me of when my children were young and still at school. Daughter aged five had a letter sent home about a group of French schoolchildren coming to stay in the area.They wanted beds and living provided for them (all aged 5yrs) We offered to take two little girls and they were very sweet , until I caught them telephoning mummy in Paris, lying on my bed with my house phone in one hand!
Anyway, there were about 40 children dotted around in various homes and each night the teachers did the rounds. None of these children would sleep in the beds provided, they would all get on the floor to sleep.
It turned out that none of them had bedrooms of their own and none of them had beds to sleep in. A mattress on the floor was all they knew.
So is this something we have to look forward to for our own children? If a couple have one child and three bedrooms, do they have to move to a smaller home? Next year they have twins, are they able to move again or will there not be anything for them? Not too sure but f this is likely to happen, all this piss potting around of moving house ,moving schools is about to become more of a social problem to add to the mountainous heap that's already in existence. It's also fairly impossible to get a deposit together today ,even if you would wish to move.

Now can anybody please tell me if I've got it all wrong?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Addict
Addict
We have a similar problem in NSW but it more of a reverse thingy. Let me explain.

All State Government housing(Housing Commssion) is run by the State authority eg. Dept of Housing, all benefits are paid by the Federal Government. So it would be impossible to bring in something like the Bedroom Tax. But, Govt. housing is still being rorted. By people who were unemployed but now have good jobs and only pay minimum rent - denying eligible people a home. Also pensioners living in 3-4 bedroom, Housing Commission homes are also taking home from families. The problem now is that there are not enough Housing Commission properties to move people around. In NSW the waiting list is about 50,000, other states have similar issues. So the issue of eligible housing is universal and not easily sorted. Your situation is unique as I beleive all public housing is council owned and the councils do as they are told. Here however the Federal Government would never get that legislation through and is they did the States would tell them to bugger off. Sorry to be so long winded. But, the upshot is that the mechanics of the plan are sound we can all see that but the personal side is diabolical. There are a myriad of other alternatives to this but the squires in Whitehall still want to keep control and they will get their way just like they have for hundreds of years.
That's it rant over - now where's my pills.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by granny
It would appear that the whole 'b' country has gone mad.
Gone are the days late 60's/70's and 80's when renting became a thing of the past. A high percentage of young married couples could get a mortgage and set up home. Then the interest rate rocketed and saw many loose their homes. Now if anyone can find an affordable rented property, they are about to be penalised for it if there are one too many bedrooms. Where does the figure of earnings of £500 per week picture in this? Is that the lower income bracket in London and the South East? I find that quite a substantial sum for this part of the world.

This vaguely reminds me of when my children were young and still at school. Daughter aged five had a letter sent home about a group of French schoolchildren coming to stay in the area.They wanted beds and living provided for them (all aged 5yrs) We offered to take two little girls and they were very sweet , until I caught them telephoning mummy in Paris, lying on my bed with my house phone in one hand!
Anyway, there were about 40 children dotted around in various homes and each night the teachers did the rounds. None of these children would sleep in the beds provided, they would all get on the floor to sleep.
It turned out that none of them had bedrooms of their own and none of them had beds to sleep in. A mattress on the floor was all they knew.
So is this something we have to look forward to for our own children? If a couple have one child and three bedrooms, do they have to move to a smaller home? Next year they have twins, are they able to move again or will there not be anything for them? Not too sure but f this is likely to happen, all this piss potting around of moving house ,moving schools is about to become more of a social problem to add to the mountainous heap that's already in existence. It's also fairly impossible to get a deposit together today ,even if you would wish to move.

Now can anybody please tell me if I've got it all wrong?
you are spot on granny with what you say.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Thanks Sunnyside, I feel better for that but doubt very much if, those whom it concerns ,do.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Perhaps if the gov had prepared and build masses of 1 bedroom flats and houses for everyone to move in to it wouldn't be so bad...There are not enough grants to make such small pointless places though and its very anti family.

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Mindplayer, what is an average rent over there for 2 up 2 down property (private ownership) say in Port Sunlight..if you know it. I am assuming you used to live here and know the area generally. It's about £650 per month now in P.S, and rents keep going up.Yet again the Estate Agents have a lot to answer for, in the same manner as they did with house prices rocketing.(That's an issue which should be tackled).The young men in this country are all moving back home with their parents.(30 yrs plus) It would seem there is no place for many of them any longer confused
Everytime someone moves house the rents and deposits have increased ,yet again. Now they are likely to have to face pay more ,on what they can't aalready afford!

I have to stop, otherwise it would go on forever.Sorry.

Last edited by granny; 27th Aug 2012 10:47am.

~Chief Seattle
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
best off your chest granny, but it is absolutely right what you say, its a vicious circle,many estate agents who do rental properties insist on a certain gross wage,before you are considered,thats fine, but where are the jobs that pay these rents?
if you can afford these sky high rents,then surely you could buy?
if the deposits went back to a more realistic level.
in all areas there are many empty long term properties,bring them back into use.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Can anyone tell me if we can sublet a bedroom(WPH) and any links for the above please TY

ALWAYS REMEMBER BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU:::::::: Have a nice day and an even better one tomorrow
Wise One
Wise One
Red I think you can . . . however if that person works they will probably be made to pay the full rent.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
o right looks like gonna have to go to one of those one stop shops for further advice cheers for that dizdazdoz smile

ALWAYS REMEMBER BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU:::::::: Have a nice day and an even better one tomorrow
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
have a look at your contract, red. i doubt it, personally matey x

Wise One
Wise One
Originally Posted by reddragon
o right looks like gonna have to go to one of those one stop shops for further advice cheers for that dizdazdoz smile

I would go CAB, or Dave from old resource place, he's in wallasey now if you need/want details.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
thx Rude and diz can you pm me Daves contact details plz

Page 4 of 62 1 2 3 4 5 6 61 62

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
TheComputerLab
TheComputerLab
Wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am