Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
6 members (2 invisible), 12,836 guests, and 966 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
The History of Wallasey Village
by PaulWirral - 1st Jul 2009 6:03pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
lincle 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Hi jen,not that I would personally advocate such a course of action,but don't you know anyone who would break both his legs?This may prove conducive to his gaining a more reasonable perspective on your relationship.Good luck........How's that for good advice Granny?

Google Ads
Beginner
Beginner
If you are not working and are on income support or such like you will be entitled to ' legal help'. You can refuse contact if you are not happy with his behaviour and advise him to seek legal advice. If he wants to take you to court he must first attempt mediation before he will be allowed to make an application to the court and he must first make an attempt to sort things in correspondence. If he does make an application to the court the childs welfare will be put first and if you raise issues of drink/ drugs or violence then the judge will order that the relevant proof ie drug test police logs etc be provided. It can be a long process. Courts tend to be of the view that a child should have a relationsip with both parents unless they are a danger to the child. The court rarely orders no contact at all even if soneone is a danger they could still be given indirect contact ie letters cards presents.

You really need to seek legal advice though as foums only give opinions many of which you mau not want to hear.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by ludwigvan
Hi jen,not that I would personally advocate such a course of action,but don't you know anyone who would break both his legs?This may prove conducive to his gaining a more reasonable perspective on your relationship.Good luck........How's that for good advice Granny?

Good advice maybe, are you volnteering?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by emsymeg
If you are not working and are on income support or such like you will be entitled to ' legal help'. You can refuse contact if you are not happy with his behaviour and advise him to seek legal advice. If he wants to take you to court he must first attempt mediation before he will be allowed to make an application to the court and he must first make an attempt to sort things in correspondence. If he does make an application to the court the childs welfare will be put first and if you raise issues of drink/ drugs or violence then the judge will order that the relevant proof ie drug test police logs etc be provided. It can be a long process. Courts tend to be of the view that a child should have a relationsip with both parents unless they are a danger to the child. The court rarely orders no contact at all even if soneone is a danger they could still be given indirect contact ie letters cards presents.

You really need to seek legal advice though as foums only give opinions many of which you mau not want to hear.

withthat

and also keep all the threatening text messages stored as proof.

Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by emsymeg

Whilst I agree with the above (a sensible and well informed post), this is a "game" that many parents play for years, the mother seeming to believe that for some reason the child "belongs" to her and that any misdemeanors, no matter how minor or for whatever reason, on behalf of the father is an opportunity to use his child as a favourite toy to be taken away as a punishment.

The rules on access/custody are changing, and for good reason, but it's a slow process. You could keep him hopping in and out of court for years, but if he's persistent in the end he WILL see his child, and as the child grows up they will be able to see how much that parent had to fight to see them, and maybe they'll think that the mother didn't see them as a child, but as a stick to beat or reward their father with. I'm not saying that you're doing this, I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with you, what I am saying is that the choices you make now and the way you handle this will effect the relationship between you and you child FOREVER.

Children have a lot of time on their hands to think, and without understanding the complexities of adult relationships, they blame themselves when things go wrong, because every child KNOWS that the world revolves around them.

He arrives late, ignore him, tell him to come back the next day, don't open the door, don't make it into a confrontation. He calls you, if you don't want to speak to him just tell him that your busy and arrange a time for him to call back. He tells you he wants to be with whilst on holiday with his new g/f, well that's just a control issue, trying to keep hold of you in reserve, which is why he calls late a night, to check on you and thwart any new relationship. If you want to get money from him make the application, there are whole agencies out there designed to see where he gets his money from, and if he sees his child he will of course have to feed her, get her some clothes maybe, it's something that has to build up, he's not going to get a roomful of "stuff" for her if he doesn't see her for months on end.

You need to talk to him, with a mediator present (a professional, not someone's sister or best mate) and work out a sensible plan of when he can see his child, because if you don't and this goes all the way to court and he sticks it out to he end, when he does get to see her, and she has a good time, you're the one who'll have to explain to her why you stopped her doing it for so long.

You'll know if this is just a game to him, if he makes appointments and doesn't turn up, but at least you tried, you tried to give them time together, yes your child may be hurt if they let them down, but you can't keep them locked away because you "think" that might happen, you have to wait and see if it does, unfortunately.

Just keep the professionals in the loop, don't see everything as a confrontation and be prepared to be flexible. Anything you work out between yourselves is likely to be much better than something the courts come up with, especially when you start throwing in holidays/birthdays/Christmas/weddings/family events etc.

Good luck smile

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
There's lot of advice here for you to look at, but in all seriousness you need to look at the long term.
How about moving away from the area you are now living in, to somewhere that is more difficult for him to get to you.
New surroundings can often bring new lease of life and that would be beneficial for you and your little girl. There's no guarantee that he will not be allowed to see his own daughter but the harder it is, the less he will prevail. No doubt (looking at his history) he will meet some more gullible young ladies and then start to drift. It won't be an easy ride, but if you chose the right place there is plenty of support in all locations to help you start again. I really hope you can get your head together Jen and think positively. Animosity doea not help the situation only aggrivates it. You must play the cards right be diplomatic,and eventually things may settle to a degree.
My ex husband sometimes stays with me when he comes to visit the family. I am not interested in his life, but I tolerate a situation for the benefit of our family and so does he. Given time it can work and doesn't have to be claw and dagger.
Other than that, as previously mentioned, break his bloody legs!

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect.
~Chief Seattle
jen8505 Offline OP
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Hi all. Thanks for all the advice. I've decided to give him one chance before I seek legal advice. I don't want my baby dragged through the courts. I've spoken to his sister in law and asked if I can drop my baby off with her for him to see her. All communication will be done through her and his brother so no need for heated arguments. For the time being he will be seeing her in their house until I trust him, if that time ever comes

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by jen8505
He did phone me last night and say that if he sees me with another man he's going to "smash him". He really is unreal. He cheated on me for 3 years and now I'm not allowed to be seen with someone else.

do what you want love!

Standby to Beach! Out Troops!
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,592 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,890 Spotted!