Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (3 invisible), 8,175 guests, and 438 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
Ok, now there is some incident on the New Ferry bypass in the Birkenhead direction, two cars, doesn't look serious, but you don't need to stare at it and cause yourself to veer over into the OTHER lane as you pass, almost knocking me into the bushes at 50 miles an hour on my bike!!

So then lovely drivers of Wirral, just as you come up to MacDonalds in the Bromborough area on the A41, there are sirens everywhere. YES the police need to get where they are going BUT FFS IF YOU ARE GOING TO PULL INTO MY LANE TO LET THEM PAST
INDICATE!!!!!!!!

The police don't want to have to deal with MORE incidences because you are careless when getting out of their way. Just think, and look what is around you and indicate and they will be pleased that you moved out of their way safely!!

I have you will be happy to know, now arrived at work safely but I am in tears and shaking and hate you all!!! (apart from anyone nice of course)

Last edited by Sallybear; 28th Feb 2012 8:37am.
Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Hi sallybear, you don`t seem to have much luck with bikes do you?

1st the incident with the scummy kids trying to chase you off it (they tried this with me a couple of weeks ago in my car and i slammed on which resulted in 2 of the little cnuts going head 1st into the back of my car HAHA)

Then your bike got stolen from outside your home and now you get abuse off the traffic.

May i suggest you get a car?

wink

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Poor Sallybear I do hope you have cheered up a bit by now.

My grandson was driving slowly down a narrow back road in Egremont when a nasty little soandso screamed out of a side street and deliberately hit the car. The mother's sorted it out as apparently the cyclist had done this before, the intention being to make a claim against the driver. My grandson still reported the incident to his insurers but made no claim for the damage which he paid for himself - this resulted in an £100 increase on renewal. It leaves a bitter taste.

Addict
Addict
Similar experience this morning down The Strand, skip truck driver must've been following his satnav and not using mirrors as pulled straight out into my lane. As tho I ain't bright enough with the hiviz, lights etc! Luckily outside lane was clear so was able to avoid getting squished.

Be careful out there Sally & everyone else regardless of how you commute!

Forum Master
Forum Master
It's the same with motorbikes, I've had drivers deliberately move over to close the gap when traffic stationary.

It happened once in Birmingham M5 / M6 intersection, traffic had been sat for a while so I'm keeping a straight line between two lanes, plenty of room and then a brand new BMW, the driver MUST have seen me, for no reason uses the little space he has to move over to the car next to him.

Now I've no idea how much wing mirrors are on these as I'm reasonably sure the one he used to have affixed to his passenger side wasn't much use afterwards, but as he didn't pull onto the hard shoulder to apologise I considered that he'd accepted it was his fault and after thanking Kevlar for not feeling a thing I carried on.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Sorry but if you are going to ride a bicycle or a motorbike then you have to expect and be prepared for these kind of things.

This is nothing new it has always been this way and it will never change. 99.9% of Car drivers have zero consideration for anyone else on the road let alone people on bikes that they treat as if they are invisible.

If you are going to survive for long on any kind of bike, you cannot rely upon ANYONE else but yourself for your own survival. It is slim consolation that it was the car or truck driver's fault if you are killed - it doesn't make you any less dead!

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
All I can say is that it's a good job bikers always drive with great care and consideration otherwise it would be carnage out there.

Hope you're ok Sal.

Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Forum Master
Forum Master
Well said Sally ,there are loads on the roads like that ,you put it so well you made me laugh June

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Your large red font in capitals will surely make the people of Wirral better drivers.

You're expressing anger at fellow road users over the internet and I really don't see what result you could possibly achieve by doing this. Nor do I think the members of WikiWirral will appreciate being told you hate them, especially the ones who have never seen you around, or even use the roads, OR BOTH!

Have a nice day, and stay safe on your bike.

Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
Thanks Bench but I don't think you quite got the sarcasm or humour of my post, it was nothing directed personally at the drivers JUST from Wiki Wirral. I just thought you lot here, as most of you have, would not mind me venting my anger and sharing in my experience.

I ride one of these:

[Linked Image]

And NO I don't think that riding a motorcycle or a cycle should make you expect this sort of behaviour as CVCVCV has put it. I think that riding a bike actually makes you a fantastically better road user. When I used to drive my Nissan Micra, I felt less aware of the traffic around me, and I prefer to ride my bike no matter what the weather (except when its snowing) and I find other road users have been responsible for so many poor driving decisions which could have potentially affected me or other road users around me.

Lane discipline is practically unheard of around corners on my journey to work, and this mornings behaviour of the drivers involved was just plain dangerous. As it happens the second incident was a Hazmat team racing to a chemical spill, where someone was injured, it was important that they got through quickly, but ALL road users need to be safe when the flashing blue lights approach.

Anyway cheers for the positive messages, I am fine now. But in the 7 years on the road, and 4 of them spent going back and forth to Wrexham every day, I have never seen such dangerous roads as in my ten minute journey to Bromborough every day.

If my post made just one person think twice next time some police are approaching, then hopefully I may have helped someone. It helped me to get it off my chest. If my 'red' writing has offended anyone, then sorry.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Originally Posted by Sallybear
Thanks Bench but I don't think you quite got the sarcasm or humour of my post

I could say the same thing.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by CVCVCV

99.9% of Car drivers have zero consideration for anyone else on the road let alone people on bikes that they treat as if they are invisible.

Thats incorrect CV as i look out for bikers, i used to ride a bike everywhere until i got into cars so i know whats it`s like.

I have a lot of consideration for bikers and so do quite a few people i know.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
P
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
P
Sorry to hear of the incidents you've had Sally. Like in most areas of life, a lot of people either don't give a rat's ar*e about anyone else OR are totally unaware of what's happening around them.

Most drivers think they are "good" drivers. Well, they ain't !!
90% are mediocre or worse. IF you are a good driver, you will take a pride in how you control your vehicle and be aware of what's happening ALL around you ... and no, that doesn't mean being overtaken by the Vicar on his bicycle or pretending to be in a funeral cortege either!

Hands up how many wiki drivers have passed an IAM or ROSPA test ?
I personally know of 2 on here. Anymore ?

I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by _Ste_
Originally Posted by CVCVCV

99.9% of Car drivers have zero consideration for anyone else on the road let alone people on bikes that they treat as if they are invisible.

Thats incorrect CV as i look out for bikers, i used to ride a bike everywhere until i got into cars so i know whats it`s like.

I have a lot of consideration for bikers and so do quite a few people i know.

Like Ste i've ridden bikes in the past & I Always pull over towards kerbs to let the d*ckheads past on the outside when they don't want to wait in traffic like the rest of us.

I always check mirrors and blindspots especially as some clowns like to hang around in blind spots.

If you going to ride a bike expect the worst imo, Anticipate idiots pullling out in front of you at junctions, anticipate lane changes with no indication its just a fact of driving on the roads,

I feel sorry for those bikers that do apply sense and come unstuck but those popping wheelies at 100mph across junctions past cars full of kids deserve a tank slapper or two.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
I'm not convinced the ROSPA or IAM would make them a better driver Pinz

When i worked doing RYA level 2 instruction on SKi;s and power boats there were a number of unliscened jet skiiers who were a dam lot safer than some of the scallies that paid 200 quid sat a half day test, passed came back next week and stuffed it into the weaver bridge support coloumn (happened on more than on e occasion)

You maybe more suprised to here i trained a few coppers for merseyside police on how to safely use Jetski's, dock, emergency stops J turns etc, spent half a day with them and leant four of them spanking new GP1300 Yammys. Completed the test and left them to play for half an hour i had literally walked up the jetti and was on my way back to the shop at the top of bridge lane to here a massive smash, two had gone head to head chicken and went head on to each other causing around 14k's worth of damage, nice to know these tools will be the ones picking up the drunks out of albert dock on a saturday night.

You really would be suprised, that little piece of card / paper means very little inmho

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am