Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
11 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,906 guests, and 508 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
If you are shopping in New Brighton Morrisons and thinking of leaving your car and going for a stroll along the prom to get an ice cream - think again. Car parking is free for two hours and then you get an invoice for parking in the post. This is normal now in Asda, Tescos, Aldi,and Lidl. A camera takes a shot of your registration as you go into the parking area and a shot of you when you leave. The computer programme does the rest. The warnings about car parking are somewhere in the parking area but as yet I have got to find the one at New B Morrisons. Tescos let you have an extra hour at xmas. Tesco staff have to hand in their registrations to the admin office so that they don't get charged for parking. Even that system doesn't work sometimes and they have to pay the fine and appeal and prove they are Tesco employees. Info re parking is on the Morrisons web site. My friend got done in Heswall Aldi even though she was a customer! She met a friend in Aldi went for a coffee and hey presto got a fine in the post.

Google Ads
Addict
Addict
I don't think you those parking fines are actually enforceable though.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Littlebear
I don't think you those parking fines are actually enforceable though.

Not strictly no, technically they could be in a court of law, dependent on how they were regulated and enforced etc...

But I wouldn't bother my ass to pay one haha!!

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
[Linked Image]

No one is safe Mwahahahaha

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by Angharad111
If you are shopping in New Brighton Morrisons and thinking of leaving your car and going for a stroll along the prom to get an ice cream - think again. Car parking is free for two hours and then you get an invoice for parking in the post. This is normal now in Asda, Tescos, Aldi,and Lidl. A camera takes a shot of your registration as you go into the parking area and a shot of you when you leave. The computer programme does the rest. The warnings about car parking are somewhere in the parking area but as yet I have got to find the one at New B Morrisons. Tescos let you have an extra hour at xmas. Tesco staff have to hand in their registrations to the admin office so that they don't get charged for parking. Even that system doesn't work sometimes and they have to pay the fine and appeal and prove they are Tesco employees. Info re parking is on the Morrisons web site. My friend got done in Heswall Aldi even though she was a customer! She met a friend in Aldi went for a coffee and hey presto got a fine in the post.

This has been going on for years now in many supermarkets. I actually agree with it. It is their car park and they can do what they like. You would be on here complaining if there where no spaces left when you came to do your shopping because the car park was full of people strolling round the beach/general local area eating ice cream.

Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by Nelzy84
[Linked Image]

No one is safe Mwahahahaha

i bet whover clamped them took extreme care when fitting and removing them

Last edited by jabber; 3rd Feb 2012 6:09pm.

><((((*> <*))))><
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Hope so million pound koneigsegg in front 600,000 lambo murcielago sv in back, they were later put on the back of a low loader

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
I agree with what you have written. What I was trying to portray that not a lot of people know that about car parking restrictions on supermarket car parks. It was purely meant for information purposes so that people realize this when parking on supermarket property and think that they can park free gratis all day. Where does one park if you go to the Light cinema in New Brighton, and its a Harry Potter film that is over two hours long!!? Not in the Morrisons car park. I for one would be upset because I couldn't do my shopping because of people using for free parking all day. Then I would moan and complain.

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Unfortunately there are some that love to play the ignorant card "ooh sorry I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to leave my car there all day". I bet there is no sign in their drive / outside their house but if I parked my car there they would squeal like pigs raftl

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Softy_Southerner
Unfortunately there are some that love to play the ignorant card "ooh sorry I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to leave my car there all day". I bet there is no sign in their drive / outside their house but if I parked my car there they would squeal like pigs raftl

You can leave your car in my driveway as long as you want, I'll even open the leccy gates, there's plenty of room for all haha! But someone left a car in my mates driveway last week and they didnt know whose it was... I told her, park your car behind it, thus blocking the prick in, and then pretend to be out when they come knocking. The lights are on, but there's nobody home.

Serves them right I say, cheeky sods lol!!

just been to birkenhead myself and the indoor carpark above argos has changed its tarif,,, the sign by the lifts says £1 for the first hour and £2 all day,, dont know if it was a couple of days gimick or all the time

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
There are signs all round the Pyramids saying the same for their csr park - clearly trying to encourage folk in which can only be good

Forum Guide
Forum Guide

I completely agree with these charges. I work at the Morrisons in West Kirby and on many occasions I have ended up having to pay to park somewhere else because people are parking there and then just going for a walk or doing something else. Why should staff have to pay to go into work? And I see people doing this all the time.

turnip #662642 4th Feb 2012 7:27pm
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by AlexT

I completely agree with these charges. I work at the Morrisons in West Kirby and on many occasions I have ended up having to pay to park somewhere else because people are parking there and then just going for a walk or doing something else. Why should staff have to pay to go into work? And I see people doing this all the time.

what they should is have a staff car park, done

Jim Beam coke and ice
Forum Master
Forum Master
Morrisons in West Kirby's car park is way way too small as it is, without them making part of it staff only. When I used to go there I would always park in the road opposite with the 30 minute restriction rather than get involved in the car park there.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am