Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,364
Posts1,033,327
Members14,584
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (2 invisible), 12,962 guests, and 953 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,791
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Bunny, Stacey2007, PrimordialPoet, Rinchen, AGC12
14,584 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by tomstevens - 21st Apr 2010 4:53pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
lincle 4
casper 4
Topic Replies
Wanted Gardener
by dodie - 24th Apr 2024 1:09pm
Plymyard House
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:49pm
Hi to everyone
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 3:39pm
Possible crop marks in Landican?
by granny - 23rd Apr 2024 2:58pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 2:36pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Wise One
Wise One
Originally Posted by Tilly
Originally Posted by davaw1
You want the RSPCA's help but [censored] them off to death, make your mind up?

It's funny how you blame your own problem on someone else like the RSPCA, if you had pet insurance all this would of been sorted.

Change of circumstances or what ever you bought the pet knowing things change, the pet is your responsibility. Take responsibility of your own actions and stop blaming them on other people!

Originally Posted by Ali90
If you have a sick pet, why did you ring the RSPCA :s they aren't vets. And let's be honest it's your bill why should they pay it?

This is the reason I don't come on here very often anymore. it's rude and uncalled for. mad

withthat

Google Ads
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
If memory serves I think Livingstone st branch closed due to abusive and threatening behaviour towards the staff. Now thats gratitude eh?

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz
Originally Posted by Tilly
Originally Posted by davaw1
You want the RSPCA's help but [censored] them off to death, make your mind up?

It's funny how you blame your own problem on someone else like the RSPCA, if you had pet insurance all this would of been sorted.

Change of circumstances or what ever you bought the pet knowing things change, the pet is your responsibility. Take responsibility of your own actions and stop blaming them on other people!

If you have a sick pet, why did you ring the RSPCA :s they aren't vets. And let's be honest it's your bill why should they pay it?

This is the reason I don't come on here very often anymore. it's rude and uncalled for. mad

withthat
Agreed ... you know maybe it wouldnt be a bad Idea for us to have are age group next to are user names` if anythink it would give us an idea of which way to judge people on weather they should know better or not whistle

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Why isit rude and uncalled for? It's my opinion, if you can't take peoples opinions it's probaly best not to post on an internet forum. You're okay to be rude about the RSPCA but once someone questions your actions they're rude and uncalled for? And as for it not being sensible and making myself look a fool, how is that? Please explain why I am foolish because I stated you should have had pet insurance and all this would have been averted.

Last edited by davaw1; 10th Sep 2011 8:23pm.
Newbeee
Newbeee
It honest not rude or uncalled for... Its your pet, your responsibility. There a charity who take in animals who hav been mistreated and find them loving homes, not pay public bills

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Can I just enquire have you given the cat up or are they returning it to you?

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
I'm currently on benefits following an accident. I make sure that my bills are paid first and Tarot is fed and insured. Whatever is left each month is for my food. It costs me £11.29 a month to insure her. My excess is £89 but she is worth every penny! I'd be lost without her.

Last edited by Wench; 10th Sep 2011 8:43pm. Reason: It's not a dig before anyone starts lol just saying what I do

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Newbeee
Newbeee
It honest not rude or uncalled for... Its your pet, your responsibility. There a charity who take in animals who hav been mistreated and find them loving homes, not pay public bills

Forum Master
Forum Master
Nice to see people asking how the cat is.

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Thats what I was trying to do, but not sure from the previous posts if he will be getting the cat back! I hope so and also the ball of fluff is well.

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
can i just sum up whats happened.
To start with i am currently unemployed and my wife works full time for the NHS and she has done for 12 years.

we have had the cat for eight years and always had no problems with vet fees and she has had operations and all sorts and this was paid for no problem.

but now we have recently had a baby boy and the money situation has changed big time, and we have had to seek help from the CAB and they have been in touch with all the people we owe money too and offered them £1 a month for all the debts we owe they also advised that even a small bankruptcy maybe needed if we are not accepted to pay £1 a month to the companies.

since our baby has been here the cat has been really stressed anyway and losing fur which we was told by the vet when our baby was first born that it was stress and she went down hill from there.

then she started losing weight but wanted feeding more and more but also started being sick for no reason a few times a day and then the blood in her urine started.

we couldn't pay for vet fees and we asked help from all different animal places and charities and nobody could help because we was not on benefits, all they could say is pay weekly or monthly to the vets but they couldn't understand that we only just had money to live and pay bills never mind our cat.

this was becoming bad and all we wanted is the cat to have medical treatment, so the rspca was our only hope.

pet insurance was out of the question as we would still have to pay the vet fees and then claim it back off them and as i have put above the money is not there so we wouldn't be able to pay it first.

:::

the complaint about the rspca was because we asked for help many of times and they said no but then on the night we phoned them we was told an officer would come out, and when we phoned back later that night to say the cat had got worse they told us no officer was coming out.

that when i sent a complaint to the RSPCA ceo and then the next morning the RSPCA officer phoned to say she was on the way after us being told nobody was coming.

when the officer came she was fine till she got a phone call when she was at our house from her department telling her we had made a complaint to the ceo, and to our amazement she turned around and said i dont think i should take the cat now seeing as you have complained about my fellow officers.

so she was more concerned about a complaint being made about her colleagues instead of a sick animal who there suppose to care about.

like i have pointed out there is people out there who wouldn't care if there animal was sick and just put them out, and we are not we wanted the cat to have the treatment she needed and seeked help.

the cat is now having the treatment she needed so bad.

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand

they are there actually for people who cannot look after them for what ever reason, and they do pay peoples bills daily and there mostly the people who claim from the government.

and really people who are claiming from the government are not earning enough money to look after animals properly so they should not have them unless they can. FACT...

Forum Master
Forum Master
You dont have to explain, you did what was best for the cat, most peole would of just booted the cat out the door and leave it to some one else to sort out.

dont listen to the nasty comments made on here. you did what was best for the cat.

Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Originally Posted by Willo
You dont have to explain, you did what was best for the cat, most peole would of just booted the cat out the door and leave it to some one else to sort out.

dont listen to the nasty comments made on here. you did what was best for the cat.

thanks so much at least someone understands what we are talking about.

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Originally Posted by The_Monk
and really people who are claiming from the government are not earning enough money to look after animals properly so they should not have them unless they can. FACT...

Bit of a sweeping statement! I am one of those people at the moment after my circumstances changed and my dog is looked after properly, and insured!! There are lots of people on here that "know" my dog and will back me to the hilt that she is more than properly looked after. She doesn't have cheap and nasty food, she eats better than I do truth be known!

You've also just shot yourself in the foot with that comment as it implies that maybe you shouldn't have any animals either.

I'm glad the cat is getting sorted out though.

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
For Sale & Free
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Wanted Gardener
Plymyard House
by Granada - 23rd Apr 2024 2:35pm
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
News : New Topics
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Pigeon breeder
by lincle - 22nd Apr 2024 8:17am
Car paint jobs
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,580 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,870 Spotted!