WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
6 members (2 invisible), 9,938 guests, and 416 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Matt,I have never said its ok not to work, quite the opposite, i wish there was work available for everyone. The fact there isn't, then we have to have a welfare system. You have also never heard me defend the work shy, the ... as you frequently call them, as i have put it to you before on more than one occasion, no British government are going to let people starve and that is what the result would be if you stopped benefits, add to that an increase in crime. Yourself and the party you support will not do it, it sounds good on the TV and in the newspapers but it won't happen, I've been hearing this all my life through various Tory governments and Tory PMs and i may add from Labour governments also, neither of them can do much about it because they can't provide full employment, until they can, status quo I'm afraid. Just to inform you, my pride and self respect are still intact along with my sense of reality and a little bit of compassion. Having never been on or drawn benefits of any description my entire life and have very little time for those who fiddle the system, i will defend those who through no fault of their own have to. If people work full time in this country and still have to rely on benefits to achieve a living wage, then wages must be to low, what else can they be.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Google Ads
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Hey Matt, stop beating about the bush and say what you really feel!
(JK, actually I agree with you about 1000%!)

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by bert1
then wages must be to low, what else can they be.

Benefits are way too high. If someone can afford to smoke and have nights out on benefits, you know they are paying far too high.

People also expect everything handed to them nowadays andthink they have an entitlement to have nice things regardless of the wage they are on; maybe if we were not so quick give everyone everything they want, we could have the money to invest in business, enterprise, lower taxation levels to a point whereby Great Britain would become an attractive place for businesses to move into etc... I want the council to pay for my game of tennis, I want the government to pay for MY kids that "I" decided to pop out, I want the working family next door to pay for MY alcohol and fags and weekend out!

During the Labour "boom" years, there were plenty of jobs, wages were good and people lived moderately wealthy lives; and yet your wonderful party decided it was a fantastic time to welcome hundreds of thousands of workers from the Eastern block of the EU, increase benefits left, right and centre for all those who didnt want to work, or those who were not getting £100,000+ per year, and above-all, let the scroungers continue to scrounge, without ever doing a damn thing to get them into employment.

And now all you hear is Labourites moaning how unfair it is to expect people on benefits to have to work, to have their benefits cut.

The welfare system is supposed to be a safety-net, NOT a way of life. It should be enough to allow someone to feed, clothe and clean themselves, not buy fags, tv's, macdonalds and other luxury goods!!

Sayers, Betfred and Bargain Booze all have massive marketshare in deprived area's - that in itself should tell you that benefits are far too high!!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by CVCVCV

Personally, I'm waiting for the (non)Labour party to get back into power, so I can start a petition asking for all working people wthout kids to be provided with subsidised cars, £500 cash as a bonus for signing up, a £3400 annual fuel allowance, car-maintenance vouchers etc...

You know, just like those with kids get for their sprogs?

I can get my V8 then - why shouldn't I have one, someone else (aka the taxpayer) can pick up the tab for it, surely that's fair? laugh

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Stupid Fat C#'T!

Makes my blood fooking boil!

I am off work after my bike crash and becoming disabled yet I cant get one fooking pennie! this makes me so angry!.

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
So, we will have to wait and see, will this present government not only reduce benefits but tell people on them how to spend their money, pull out of any freedom of movement within Europe as far as jobs go which will have to include the British working in Europe.
I have to agree that monies should be spent sensibly but who are we to dictate how people spend their dosh.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Originally Posted by CVCVCV

Personally, I'm waiting for the (non)Labour party to get back into power, so I can start a petition asking for all working people wthout kids to be provided with subsidised cars, £500 cash as a bonus for signing up, a £3400 annual fuel allowance, car-maintenance vouchers etc...

You know, just like those with kids get for their sprogs?

I can get my V8 then - why shouldn't I have one, someone else (aka the taxpayer) can pick up the tab for it, surely that's fair? laugh

I'd like to know who gets these benefits?

and wheels [Linked Image] alot of people don't realise how hard and daunting it really is.
Try not to let it get to hun, its not worth it.

Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by bert1
So, we will have to wait and see, will this present government not only reduce benefits but tell people on them how to spend their money, pull out of any freedom of movement within Europe as far as jobs go which will have to include the British working in Europe.
I have to agree that monies should be spent sensibly but who are we to dictate how people spend their dosh.

Don't forget they have to tell the landlords to reduce the rent they charge as well, lower benefits mean inability to pay the rising rents.

Could I suppose make them all homeless, but we've just seen what a lot of people are capable of when roaming the streets, and those had homes as well.

Reducing rents will drive the price of owner occupied housing down as well, resulting in all mortgage payers going into negative equity, it was the buy to let that helped drive up the prices.

It's all about the return on investment for landlords, low rents don't produce good returns on high buy prices.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Wheels
Stupid Fat C#'T!

I am off work after my bike crash and becoming disabled yet I cant get one fooking pennie! this makes me so angry!.

Wheels, your problem is probably down to a lack of experience, you don't know how to play the system or what your entitled to. Go to the CAB or a one-stop-shop, they should be able to help.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict

and they get all this:
subsidised cars, £500 cash as a bonus for signing up, a £3400 annual fuel allowance, car-maintenance vouchers ????

gawd who wants to trade lives me please [Linked Image]

I'm not promising that you might survive past 24hrs...BUT...I am willing to give it a go [Linked Image]

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Stupid Fat C#'T!

Wheels, your problem is probably down to a lack of experience, you don't know how to play the system or what your entitled to. Go to the CAB or a one-stop-shop, they should be able to help.

I could help you wheels if this is the case hun.
One of the courses I'm doing right now is to help families coping with disabilities, coming to terms and what help they'd be entiltled to, educationally, law and benefits.

Please say you have put in a claim for Disability Living Allowance?

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Snickas

and they get all this:
subsidised cars, £500 cash as a bonus for signing up, a £3400 annual fuel allowance, car-maintenance vouchers ????

gawd who wants to trade lives me please [Linked Image]

I'm not promising that you might survive past 24hrs...BUT...I am willing to give it a go [Linked Image]

Noooo, what I'm saying, is as working people without kids get none of this, maybe they can share the love, and make fair for everyone by giving us benefits as well?

;-)

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
ahhh i understand now [Linked Image] sorry you'll have to excuse me...its the 17yrs of lack of sleep, it makes me far too envious at times [Linked Image]

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Stupid Fat C#'T!

It's taken me the best part of 19mths to finally find out what I might be entitled to and apply for it. Whether I get it or not is another matter, but that's because I've been honest!!

As for all the benefits based around people having children - where's the benefits for me NOT having any!?! I've said it before and I'll keep saying it, having children is not a right, it's a privilege! However, I think that if you want them you should pay for them. I don't have or want kids so why the hell should I be expected to help pay towards someone elses brood!?!

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,257 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,398 Spotted!