WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,360
Posts1,033,313
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
13 members (3 invisible), 9,945 guests, and 447 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:09am
Wirral waters
by casper - 6th Apr 2024 9:07am
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by hootmeil - 4th Apr 2024 1:15pm
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
casper 1
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
lolol Nice one!

I agree, I mean, they hit sayers, now they have to find a hotdog stand, but, errrm, I dont think there will be any about just now!!!!

Google Ads
Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
Originally Posted by chris7777
i remember the Toxteth riots 30yrs ago but i don't remember the whole country joining in! what's up with this generation?

The eighties riots were also spread around the whole country AND started in London iirc.

Its the same scenario, government cutting back, civil unrest, slight spark starts the whole lot taking off.

Havent read all the posts yet but it is none of them things as above but it is plain thieving, arsonist, vandalisers out to wreck, smash and grab whatever they want because they can and they dont care if they get caught and arrestyed they'll walk free fom court till they have to answer bail so no doubt in the free time before answering bail they'll probably do more!!!

Chosen behaviour dosent matter if they were brought up by 1 or 2 parents they are 'choosing' to do this knowing 9 times out of 10 they'll get away with it and any fines will no doubt come out their jobs seekers allowance!!
That'll have em crying!!

Veteran
Veteran
OK, so it's easy for me to talk while I'm sitting in front of my laptop all brave and vigilante-ish, but from what I've seen online and in newspapers, the huge majority of folk are appalled by all this behaviour by these bell-ends. Why is it then that we don't fight back...if as has been said, most of the nobs were aged between 12-20 then most of them likely would easily be beaten off with big sticks etc. I for one would quite happily don a balaclava en masse with other like minded folk and become all 'Liam Neeson in Taken' and beat the shit out of them until they cried for mercy. "Oh, but human rights and legalities" you scream, but these arse holes don't give a monkey's chuff about that so why should we? If society has allowed for this to happen by creating monsters, then shouldn't we as a responsible society stop it? If you watch any nature programme, you'll see that animals in the wild will beat the crap out of any of their pack if they go off their rocker.
I'm not a violent person by nature, I'm a 48 year old woman who'd prefer a quiet life, but when I see actions like this happen, my basic instincts come out and I too can be just as nasty as those shits committing this. I pay taxes ( yes in England even though I currently live in USA & pay taxes there too) and I'm sick and tired of the way our Great Britain has been allowed to become

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
Well said Elizabeth! I'm right beside you on that. I daren't start ranting as my blood pressure has only just about come back down.

One thing that has made me laugh is all the chavs who have destroyed the likes of McDonalds. How are they going to feed all their children now!?! Poor little chavettes will starve!

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
P
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
Pinzgauer
Unregistered
P
I think what Elizabeth and Wench says encapsulates what most people think. Thank you both.

If the "poor little chavettes" starved, they couldn't breed - right?

A small glimmer of hope at least !

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Originally Posted by Elizabeth
OK, so it's easy for me to talk while I'm sitting in front of my laptop all brave and vigilante-ish, but from what I've seen online and in newspapers, the huge majority of folk are appalled by all this behaviour by these bell-ends. Why is it then that we don't fight back...if as has been said, most of the nobs were aged between 12-20 then most of them likely would easily be beaten off with big sticks etc. I for one would quite happily don a balaclava en masse with other like minded folk and become all 'Liam Neeson in Taken' and beat the shit out of them until they cried for mercy. "Oh, but human rights and legalities" you scream, but these arse holes don't give a monkey's chuff about that so why should we? If society has allowed for this to happen by creating monsters, then shouldn't we as a responsible society stop it? If you watch any nature programme, you'll see that animals in the wild will beat the crap out of any of their pack if they go off their rocker.
I'm not a violent person by nature, I'm a 48 year old woman who'd prefer a quiet life, but when I see actions like this happen, my basic instincts come out and I too can be just as nasty as those shits committing this. I pay taxes ( yes in England even though I currently live in USA & pay taxes there too) and I'm sick and tired of the way our Great Britain has been allowed to become
clap Well said Elizabeth.

Originally Posted by MattLFC
Originally Posted by TRANCENTRAL
some poor sods car i passed today by birkenhead park

Amazing, the plastic bumper and reg plate survived!!

exactly what i was thinking ...why???

they never thought about smashing maccies up and having to walk all through town in pj's and ugg boots in the rain to get to the pound bakery for breakfast at 1pm never mind a £1 bag of doughnuts and a spliff will have to do in times of need...

feed the homeless to the hungry and kill two birds with one stone i say

Enthusiast
Enthusiast
well said all of you

Newbeee
Newbeee
BBC Website - News - Politics:

Top e-petition demands axing of benefits for rioters

The most signed e-petition on the No 10 website is one calling for convicted rioters to lose benefit payments.

"No taxpayer should have to contribute to those who have destroyed property, stolen from their community and shown a disregard for the country that provides for them," the petition argues.

The petition, which had more than 90,000 signatures at 6am, will be referred to the backbench business committee of MPs if it gets 100,000 signatures.

bbc.co.uk-News-Politics

Wise One
Wise One
Are the people doing this because of the rising prices and taxes?

O give thanks unto the LORD; for he is good; for his mercy endureth for ever ...
Forum Veteran
Online Content
Forum Veteran
Axing of benefits and possible evictions are only going to pass
the problem along to someone to try to sort out.
If these rioters have no money or shelter will this create a new class of criminals who will think nothing of going on the rampage again, burglaries and muggings and any other means to obtain money.
I'd set up detention centres on the moors and put them in tents
or prefabricated buildings and try to make them grow their own food to support themselves - I'd certainly not let them on the streets again until they'd had a short sharp lesson that this sort of behaviour will not be tolerated.

Wise One
Wise One
Originally Posted by derekdwc
Axing of benefits and possible evictions are only going to pass
the problem along to someone to try to sort out.
If these rioters have no money or shelter will this create a new class of criminals who will think nothing of going on the rampage again, burglaries and muggings and any other means to obtain money.

^^This. If you cut these people free from the benefits system they'll have to find other ways to survive, which would make the current wave of criminal activity seem like a walk in the park. It's a badly thought through knee jerk reaction.

Old Hand
Old Hand
Elizabeth, I totally agree with you! You made some excellent points there, and I too share your disgust with these feral yobs who bringing nothing but misery and destruction to our streets. Birkenhead has many anti-social yobs, so I wasn't surprised really when I heard that the trouble had spread to the town centre. Typical loutish behaviour. The least little excuse!

I think the government should introduce TOUGHER, PROPER punishments to deal with this vermin. Never mind putting them on probation and, as you so rightly pointed out, just issuing fines which their JSA will meet.

So to all you idiots who rioted in Birkenhead on Tuesday night, I only have this to say: go and get a brain transplant so that you will then be able to act like sensible, decent citizen. You disgust me, the lot of you!

H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
H4H County Volunteer
Wiki Veteran
I think the evictions will go ahead, and good on them. People can't kick up a fuss over it as most, if not all, will find that it's a clause in their tenancy agreement that if they use the council housing for any illegal activity, you're out!!

Anyone evicted can give their homes up for those that have been left homeless due to their homes being burned to the ground!

Sometimes Police Officers give more than just speeding tickets!

It�s hard to be fit as a fiddle when you�re shaped like a cello!
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 8:57pm
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,117 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,115 Spotted!