WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,886 guests, and 533 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
@snikas i myself have a austic son and needed passport pictures taken last year and must have had them done at least 5 times because he wears glasses and there was a flash seen on his glasses anyway hun i took him to the gentleman outside the market he is very good very fast there isnt a huge queue and because it was in the open so to speak it realy helped he is just by the ladies toilets in birkenhead marke its worth having a look yourself and see what you think

Google Ads
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Never mind that snickas, just noticed your avatar of the tristar from zelda wink like it!

as for your problem, as everyone else says..Max Spielman is the way forward!

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Snickas Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Never mind that snickas, just noticed your avatar of the tristar from zelda wink like it!

as for your problem, as everyone else says..Max Spielman is the way forward!

[Linked Image] Thank you so much for everyones ideas and suggestions [Linked Image]

Will be making an attempt myself and if that doesn't work, I'll try and make arrangments with Max Spielmans for a quiet day.

A Zelda fan too Sanchez?
Yeah its the Triforce, just completed it again the other day on the 3DS, was even better than the original (just when you thought you couldn't get any better that is!) [Linked Image]

[youtube]G-4u5L4um0c[/youtube]

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
I thought it would be the same as the cube version? But yes I too am a big fan, I haven't played the Wii version yet but I can hand on heart say that I have nailed every other format and console.

This (my first Zelda) actually made me cry as I was over whelmed at is sheer greatness)

[youtube]8JU0C_l4aac[/youtube]

Last edited by Sanchez; 3rd Aug 2011 10:09pm.

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Snickas Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Ohhh that brought back memories [Linked Image] did you do any of the seasons games?

Yeah the 3D version is exactly the same Ocarina of Time, but its been souped up towards todays standards (why change such an amazing game? it has been rated & voted the best game of all time)

[youtube]5i_hK9zlYMg[/youtube]

with a few added goodies.

I've always loved the games (the whole family do too) and have done most of them (if not all).
Spirit Tracks was my most fav DS game til the souped up Ocarina of Time.

[youtube]tJnmNP5ow[/youtube]

Twilight Princess on the Wii is good, not as big as Ocarina though.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by Snickas
[quote=paxvobiscum]You cannot do the photos yourself. Maybe the Passport helpline could help 0300 222 0000 or see Directgov website, or email your query to info4local.gov.uk

so I can't take the photo's myself? frown
On the link Bert gave me it says

Suitable for biometric British passports

so was hoping that would work frown

Quote from Passport Agency Website from where I got info that home photos not acceptable:
Caring for someone Disabled people Parents Travel and transport Passport photos and who can certify them Passport photos are a vital part of your application. If the photos you supply are not suitable, your passport will be delayed. For some applications you also need to ask someone to certify a photo. Make sure you know exactly what is needed so you get it right first time.
The rules for passport photos
The photographs you supply with your application must:

show you with a neutral expression and your mouth closed (no grinning, frowning or raised eyebrows)
show you on your own (babies should not have toys or a dummy, and there shouldn’t be other people in the photo)
be in colour, not black and white
be identical
be taken within the last month
be 45 millimetres high x 35 millimetres wide - this is the standard size when you have a passport photo taken in a photo booth or studio (you should not trim a larger photograph to meet this condition)
be clear and in sharp focus, with a clear difference between your face and the background
be taken against a plain cream or plain light grey background
not show you with red-eye
be of you facing forward and looking straight at the camera
not be torn, creased, or marked
be printed on plain white photographic paper
be free from shadows
be taken with your eyes open and clearly visible (no sunglasses or tinted glasses and no hair across your eyes)
be free from reflection or glare on your glasses, and the frames must not cover your eyes - the Identity and Passport Service (IPS) recommends that, if possible, you remove your glasses
be professionally printed (photographs printed at home are not acceptable)
show your full head, without any head covering, unless you wear one for religious beliefs or medical reasons
be taken with nothing covering your face - you should make sure nothing covers the outline of your eyes, nose or mouth
be a close-up of your head and shoulders with a recommended head height (the distance between the bottom of your chin and the crown of your head) between 29 and 34 mm
not have any writing on the front or back, except on certified photos - trademarks or photographic printing on the back must not show through
IPS also produces downloadable information on photos showing examples of what is and is not acceptable. A printed version of this information is sent out with all standard application forms.

Download 'Passport photos' (PDF, 292K) Opens new window Help with PDF files If you are a professional photographer, see the guidance for professional photographers.

Guidance for professional photographers Opens new window Getting your photographs certified
The person who countersigns your application form at section 10 (your ‘countersignatory’) should also certify one (not both) of the photographs. They do this by writing on the back:

‘I certify that this is a true likeness of [Mr, Mrs, Miss, Ms or other title followed by your full name]’
They must then sign and date the statement. It is not enough just to sign and date the photograph.

If the application is for someone under 16 (including babies)

The countersignatory must:

sign the application form at section 10 to confirm that they have known the adult who signed section 9 for at least two years
certify one of the photographs as described above, stating the child’s full name
If you are renewing a passport
You'll only need extra verification when renewing your passport if you look very different from the photograph in your most recent passport. This means that you'll need to get your form countersigned and your photograph certified.

Who can certify your photo
For a list of who you can ask to certify your photos, see 'Who can countersign your application?'.

Who can countersign your application? Changes to your appearance
You must renew your passport if your appearance has changed permanently and significantly, so you can't be identified from the photo in your current passport.

This will apply to you if, since your passport was issued, you have:

undergone significant facial surgery or trauma
had numerous/large facial piercings or tattoos
You will need to supply a new photo and get it certified. You will also be expected to pay for your new passport in the normal way, even if your old one has not expired.

Children
If a child under 16 has changed in appearance due simply to the normal ageing process, they don't have to apply for a new passport.

Minor changes to appearance
If you can still be identified from the photo in your current passport, you don't need to apply for a new one. For example, growing a beard or colouring your hair would usually count as minor changes.

If you wish to get a new passport to reflect your changed appearance, you can do so. You will need to apply and pay in the normal way and include a new photo with your application.

If you are unsure whether this applies to you, call the Passport Adviceline on 0300 222 0000.

Note from paxvobiscum:It says above that photos printed at home are not acceptable

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am