Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,886 guests, and 533 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
#530803 10th Jun 2011 8:25am
Wise One
Wise One
Not being funny but if the item is'nt as described then the buyer has a case, I have sold a few things on there and am always as honest about description for mine and the bidders benefit.

Google Ads
#530805 10th Jun 2011 8:26am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Cancel the DD with your bank at once to prevent them taking the money, and use your PayPal account to remove any credit/debit cards. This means you owe PayPal, but you still have the funds in your bank account - it's a few months before they take action when you owe them.

Then go through the resolution process - everyone always assumes that PayPal only protect the buyers, but thats not the case - the fact he has give you good feedback when he recieved the item, means his claim is almost a non-starter. Gather all your evidence together, postal tracking code etc, and comply with all requests for information that PayPal send you.

If the outcome does happen to be that you must refund him, and he must return the item... if you play it correctly, there is a way to fool PayPal's system, but I won't post on here (I did it to some muppet who tried to have me off and was then being a tit about it, making allsorts of false claims, anyway he could do nothing about it, PayPal in the end turned round and told us to resolve between ourselves as it was out of their hands haha).

Good luck!!

smile

MattLFC #530828 10th Jun 2011 9:14am
W
willo
Unregistered
willo
Unregistered
W
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Cancel the DD with your bank at once to prevent them taking the money, and use your PayPal account to remove any credit/debit cards. This means you owe PayPal, but you still have the funds in your bank account - it's a few months before they take action when you owe them.

Then go through the resolution process - everyone always assumes that PayPal only protect the buyers, but thats not the case - the fact he has give you good feedback when he recieved the item, means his claim is almost a non-starter. Gather all your evidence together, postal tracking code etc, and comply with all requests for information that PayPal send you.

If the outcome does happen to be that you must refund him, and he must return the item... if you play it correctly, there is a way to fool PayPal's system, but I won't post on here (I did it to some muppet who tried to have me off and was then being a tit about it, making allsorts of false claims, anyway he could do nothing about it, PayPal in the end turned round and told us to resolve between ourselves as it was out of their hands haha).

Good luck!!

smile
i cancelled direct debit a few weeks ago, paypal will not let me delete debit card from my account, as it says i have a minus account it shows i owe them £60, please pm me details you talk about, it wont let me close ebay account either

W
willo
Unregistered
willo
Unregistered
W
Originally Posted by dizdazdoz
Not being funny but if the item is'nt as described then the buyer has a case, I have sold a few things on there and am always as honest about description for mine and the bidders benefit.
yes but if item is not as described, then why has he only opened case a month later, i have emails from him stating he is happy with tomtom

#530832 10th Jun 2011 9:16am
Smartchild
Smartchild
Tell your bank you've lost the card and they'll cancel it wink

If it's stupid and it works, it ain't stupid.
scoops #530837 10th Jun 2011 9:22am
W
willo
Unregistered
willo
Unregistered
W
haha, why did i not think of that, excellent, thank you

scoops #530845 10th Jun 2011 9:47am
P
PaulWirral
Unregistered
PaulWirral
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted by scoops

Isn't paypal 'connected' to your bank account?

#530846 10th Jun 2011 9:49am
Addict
Addict
www.aboutpaypal.org - every reason NOT to use Paypal

I hate them with a vengance - they let some bar steward take me for a £930 bracelet and it was so easy for him.

Believe it or not, the paypal T&C's on that link - you agreed to every one of them when you signed up for your account.

But who read's the small print - right?

The safe way to pay online? NOT!!! There are just as many scammers abusing the paypal system now ( if not more ) as there was when ebay first started.

I've been scammed loads of times for various things but the bracelet was the worst - It's so easy to do and open to abuse.
I could make a fortune if I wanted but thankfully, I'm not that kind of person.

Good Luck Willo

#530848 10th Jun 2011 9:52am
W
willo
Unregistered
willo
Unregistered
W
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Originally Posted by scoops

Isn't paypal 'connected' to your bank account?
i canceld direct debit, and just about to go bank and cancel card

Volly #530849 10th Jun 2011 9:54am
W
willo
Unregistered
willo
Unregistered
W
volly: they wont rip me off, they can take me to court, they will not get anything from me, this has put me off ebay now, but they wont let me close account

#530855 10th Jun 2011 10:12am
Addict
Addict
They'll try.

The scammer ended up sending my Paypal account to around -£830 ( ish ) - they called me and sent me emails for around 18 months before giving up.

Everytime they called me, I told them they had acted illegally as they are operating under U.S. laws but here in the U.K.
I pretty much begged them to take me to court as I knew I'd win but they wouldn't because they knew it aswell.

Just let them keep trying it on and eventually, they'll get bored.

I now use my mum's ebay/paypal account but only for buying - I won't trust it for selling anymore. I use other sites with different payment methods.

#530875 10th Jun 2011 10:33am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
As someone who takes in the region of 1000 payments by PayPal each year (used to be quote a lot more), and having used the service since it was called Billpoint, I can honestly say that I have a lot of faith in their service and procedures; sure it does not always work out well, and they have had their bad press over the years, but generally, they have always been very good with me.

As I said earlier Willo, fight the case, you are almost certainly onto a winner anyway given the claimant has left positive feedback, and the legnth of time that has elapsed; I won a case a few years back, whereby I sold a K800i Silver when they first came out, a week prior to Christmas (2004 iirc?). Anyway, the phone sold for circa £300, and though the item sold two days before the final working day/Royal Mail delivery day before Christmas, I recieved an email requesting it to be delivered before Xmas day. So I sent, as I was going to anyway given the value, via Special Delivery.

On January 5th, I recieved a message from PayPal informing me that the buyer had filed a claim stating they hadnt recieved the item. They hadnt left feedback, and I was worried I was going to lose the money; but I stayed calm, cancelled my DD with the bank and removed my cards from PayPal, complied with all PayPals requests for information, provided the tracking number etc... and 10 days later, they found in my favour, and removed the hold on my account/minus balance.

Never heard anything again!! Lol!

MattLFC #530880 10th Jun 2011 10:39am
Addict
Addict
As someone who takes in the region of 1000 payments by PayPal each year (used to be quote a lot more), and having used the service since it was called Billpoint, I can honestly say that I have a lot of faith in their service and procedures; sure it does not always work out well, and they have had their bad press over the years, but generally, they have always been very good with me.

As I said earlier Willo, fight the case, you are almost certainly onto a winner anyway given the claimant has left positive feedback, and the legnth of time that has elapsed; I won a case a few years back, whereby I sold a K800i Silver when they first came out, a week prior to Christmas (2004 iirc?). Anyway, the phone sold for circa £300, and though the item sold two days before the final working day/Royal Mail delivery day before Christmas, I recieved an email requesting it to be delivered before Xmas day. So I sent, as I was going to anyway given the value, via Special Delivery.

On January 5th, I recieved a message from PayPal informing me that the buyer had filed a claim stating they hadnt recieved the item. They hadnt left feedback, and I was worried I was going to lose the money; but I stayed calm, cancelled my DD with the bank and removed my cards from PayPal, complied with all PayPals requests for information, provided the tracking number etc... and 10 days later, they found in my favour, and removed the hold on my account/minus balance.

If you have proof of postage and a tracking number that proves delivery then that's all good and well.

My case was different and oh so easy to do - I won't go into full details on an open forum ( not that I don't trust anyone but just think it's a bad idea, lol ) but basically, it was HIS proof of delivery when returning the item that screwed me.

Also, when selling large items like cars e.t.c. NEVER use paypal because if the buyer claims non-receipt after they have collected the car, you don't have proof of postage to show paypal ( this happened to my next door neighbour and he lost a £3500 celica ) - the buyer gave false name and address details and it's probably somewhere in Eastern Europe now.

Volly #530881 10th Jun 2011 10:40am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Volly
Everytime they called me, I told them they had acted illegally as they are operating under U.S. laws but here in the U.K.
I pretty much begged them to take me to court as I knew I'd win but they wouldn't because they knew it aswell.

Actually, I think you will find they currently operate under EU law, being based in Luxembourg and registered as a European bank, regulated by the Luxembourg equivalent to the FSA. Previous to this (they changed in 2007 or 2008 iirc), their EU division operated as a UK entity based in London, and was regulated by the FSA.

PayPal in Europe have not traded under US law since they used Wells Fargo as their European intermediary bank, and even then the operations for the transfer of money were carried out via their London arm, thus regulated by UK law.

Volly #530887 10th Jun 2011 10:46am
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by Volly

If you have proof of postage and a tracking number that proves delivery then that's all good and well.

My case was different and oh so easy to do - I won't go into full details on an open forum ( not that I don't trust anyone but just think it's a bad idea, lol ) but basically, it was HIS proof of delivery when returning the item that screwed me.

Also, when selling large items like cars e.t.c. NEVER use paypal because if the buyer claims non-receipt after they have collected the car, you don't have proof of postage to show paypal ( this happened to my next door neighbour and he lost a £3500 celica ) - the buyer gave false name and address details and it's probably somewhere in Eastern Europe now.

Not sure why anyone would use PayPal to sell high-value goods, cash or cleared bank transfer/cheque (6 days after clearance, the funds cannot be recalled iirc), personally I wouldnt. I have a merchant account, and after a few chancers over the years charging back through PayPal for high-value products and services, I now won't accept PayPal for anything over £200 - PayPal have always been very helpful, but I feel their security systems are not as strong as they could be, and I have chargeback protection on the merchant account, so it helps when things do go wrong.

But I can't really say I totally blame PayPal for it, it's the scammers who are the guilty party, the problem I think PayPal have, is they are not secure enough with regards checks etc, so they do tend to attract the Grrrs in society who just want scam everyone.

frown

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Mark 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am