Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (2 invisible), 9,892 guests, and 415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
Yeah exactly, and if you've got kids and you're moving house then you should know about the area, why should an offender's identity be protected at the expense of another child being abused?

There's a name for this kind of fallacy.

Perhaps if that's the way you feel you should rally together the other paranoid parents and get the government to release a formal database, instead of supporting the tool at C.H.R.I.S who does it in the worst way possible.

-----
Google Ads
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Yeah exactly, and if you've got kids and you're moving house then you should know about the area, why should an offender's identity be protected at the expense of another child being abused? The problem is people go round beating them up but again, no one makes someone abuse a kid so it's their own fault!

Whether or not there should be a national database, is irrespective; I agree with ex0 that websites like this should be removed at the first instance; unless it is an official government website, the information provided can never be trusted, and thus there will always be the chance someone is attacked or even killed, simply because someone didnt like them, or they shared the same name, or even looked like an offender on the website.

They have a system in America (Megans Law or something like that) and the parents of Sarah Payne have campaigned for many years for a similar system in this country; that is the correct way to go about it, and I don't think there should be any unofficial sites lurking around giving potentially inaccurate and dangerous information to the general public. Personally, were such a site hosted on one of my services, id utilise my terms and conditions of service provision, to reserve my right to terminate the service and refund the monies paid, it's simply too risky to have websites like this on the net, and morally, well it would not sit comfortably knowing that someone had been/could be injured or even killed, simply because of a mistake on a website such as this, that I was supporting.

As far as Im aware, having been out of the formal Child Protection field for a couple of years now- there is a form of Sarah's Law available.
A concerned adult may approaach police with their suspicion/query, and within Data Protection guidelines, they can be told a yes/no answer as to whether that person has any sex crime convictions.
So technically, a young mum could discreetly ask whether her new boyfriend had a murky past she should know about etc. All that would be given is a yes/no answer, once the request has gone through official channels.
This system may not be 100% foolproof but does limit the chance for error or vigilante action against an innocent party.

And last I heard, Thompson was living quietly somewhere with an older male partner who was aware of his past and was willing to accept him for the person he is now today.
So, maybe one success for rehabilitation, and one failure.

Smartchild
Smartchild
anything that safeguards children from dirty perverted individuals is great in my book...well done C H R I S for highlighting and naming and shaming these pieces of .......

children have rights in society and so do parent and carers..to ensure all reasonable steps are carried out to PROTECT innocent children...

as for the comments regarding the police/govt body plz dont make me laff ...there was 14 missed opportunities from social workers, police, doctors, health visitors, teachers etc that could of saved victoria climbie's life....it is due to her that we have amendments to the childrens act 2004...and the every child matters framework....

the govt bodies failed victoria and baby p...the govt bodies are a joke

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.' Dr Seuss.
Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by ex0__
Yeah exactly, and if you've got kids and you're moving house then you should know about the area, why should an offender's identity be protected at the expense of another child being abused?

There's a name for this kind of fallacy.

Perhaps if that's the way you feel you should rally together the other paranoid parents and get the government to release a formal database, instead of supporting the tool at C.H.R.I.S who does it in the worst way possible.

i'm a bit confused by your attitude to this, are you trying to say that child abuse doesn't realy happen as often as people think?

Newbeee
Newbeee
Originally Posted by Volly
ALL sex offenders, not just peado's, should be shipped off to a remote island somewhere and be left to do whatever they want to each other.

Wouldn't be too long before they started killing each other in sick sex acts e.t.c.

I ( as a father of 3 ) certainly don't want any within 100 miles of my kids.

Haven't made my mind up about the C.H.R.I.S. site yet - not been on it but from what I've read on here, it does sound pretty dangerous if the wrong "nutter" gets the wrong end of the stick about somebody who shares the same name as an offender.
On the other hand, I'll probably have a look at the site on Monday when it's back up for my own satisfaction that I don't know any of them - Won't be going around giving them a kicking if it turns out that I do though. They've served thier time and been punished - the arguement about whether they've been punished enough isn't down to "joe public" to decide.
The law states what happens to them and as has been said many a time, the law is an ass!!

If I win the Euromillions, I'll buy an island myself to ship them all to - then we can all live and relax without fear of them being around.

Let me put this to you then mate, I know for a 100% fact that were you are (wall village/Licard way) there is a convicted nonce. Im not sure how I stand with regards to the law as I dont think his name or story was published in the paper so I wont give his name to you, as much as it would give me sheer pleasure to out him in here as he is a MAJOR member (Forum Addict)of this WIKIWIRRAL forum. What I will say is this, he abused two 11 year old boys and was served with a HEFTY sentence of wait for it folks......30months. He served just under 20 months and has to sign the register for life. How the hell is that justice? The two 11 year olds he abused are now adults and one of them has been suffereing from depression for the best part of 15 years to a point were he tried commiting suicide twice and will probably be on anti depressants for the rest of his life. It also stopped him working and after 12 years is finally coming off sickness benefits to work for himself.
So tell me, has the dirty little barstard served enough punishment? Are you happy that he probably see's your kids everyday and maybe even taken a photograph of them? (He takes pictures by the way. That is a FACT)
This dirty little nonce barstard has a lot of people fooled in these forums and other forums too. No one I assume, knows his past and seem to think he's a swell guy. Well, he isnt. He is pure evil. Believe me, I wouldnt want to kill him. That is too quick. A damn good kickin would do it but it would have to be everyday for the rest of his life until he had enough then ended it himslef. Not before his business goes under and his friends and family who dont know about his past are informed just so he can have some mental anguish too. That I reckon would give me pleasure. Just.
God, I hope he reads this just so he knows that someone is on to him. And I also have proof by the way that gave his release date from prison and the name of the two lovely detectives that arrested, interviewed and charged him so what I am saying is not slander, bullshit or incitememt to violence. It is pure 100% FACT that can be backed up if im backed into a corner. Ive not gave away his name, so im legally correct (I think) in telling people what I am aware of.
Oh, its not EXO as far as im aware. JOKE exo before you get your knickers in a knot

Newbeee
Newbeee
tbh I reckon a lot of the judges who hand out leniant sentences are suspect. I genuinly feel sorry for the judge that gives a maximum sentence that he is ALLOWED to give but is accused of being suspect.
Case I know, the judge gave the absolute max he could give and told the dirty barstard that if he could have, he would have gave him a hell of a lot longer.
Its the law makers and who ever it is that makes the sentences to an equivalent of a petty crime sentence need to be looked at closely.

Newbeee
Newbeee
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Yeah exactly, and if you've got kids and you're moving house then you should know about the area, why should an offender's identity be protected at the expense of another child being abused? The problem is people go round beating them up but again, no one makes someone abuse a kid so it's their own fault!

Whether or not there should be a national database, is irrespective; I agree with ex0 that websites like this should be removed at the first instance; unless it is an official government website, the information provided can never be trusted, and thus there will always be the chance someone is attacked or even killed, simply because someone didnt like them, or they shared the same name, or even looked like an offender on the website.

They have a system in America (Megans Law or something like that) and the parents of Sarah Payne have campaigned for many years for a similar system in this country; that is the correct way to go about it, and I don't think there should be any unofficial sites lurking around giving potentially inaccurate and dangerous information to the general public. Personally, were such a site hosted on one of my services, id utilise my terms and conditions of service provision, to reserve my right to terminate the service and refund the monies paid, it's simply too risky to have websites like this on the net, and morally, well it would not sit comfortably knowing that someone had been/could be injured or even killed, simply because of a mistake on a website such as this, that I was supporting.

You would honestly lose sleep if a nonce was found with his throat slashed from ear to ear? who gives a shit if a few nonces get twatted or killed? I wouldnt. Id give the person who did it an alibi and put his name forwatd to be knighted.
Thing is with the C.H.R.I.S website is that every dirty barstard on there have been convicted and served and released from prison. There names were already in the public domain so whats the problem?
At the end of the day, if jimmy the perv from Wrexham moves to the wirral how the hell can we keep our kids safe without a website like C.H.R.I.S. The UK govt will never make a national database even though there has been some major cases in this country and the only people who seem to disagree with a need for a database is either the pervs themelves or 1960s hippy types who believe in LUUUUURVE maaaaaaan. fook That. Give me a baseball bat, a pitchfork and a burning torch any day of the week.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by born2die
You would honestly lose sleep if a nonce was found with his throat slashed from ear to ear? who gives a shit if a few nonces get twatted or killed? I wouldnt. Id give the person who did it an alibi and put his name forwatd to be knighted.
Thing is with the C.H.R.I.S website is that every dirty barstard on there have been convicted and served and released from prison. There names were already in the public domain so whats the problem?
At the end of the day, if jimmy the perv from Wrexham moves to the wirral how the hell can we keep our kids safe without a website like C.H.R.I.S. The UK govt will never make a national database even though there has been some major cases in this country and the only people who seem to disagree with a need for a database is either the pervs themelves or 1960s hippy types who believe in LUUUUURVE maaaaaaan. fook That. Give me a baseball bat, a pitchfork and a burning torch any day of the week.

Another fine example of the kind of people that this website attracts.

-----
Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by ex0__

Another fine example of the kind of people that this website attracts.

ex0....look at it this way ...it attracrs ppl like born to die who give a shit about kids and their innocence and also attracts dirty nonce on here like born2die says without mentioning any names....

born2die very brave of u to mention this...paedos are everywhere ....knocks me sick....and you are not alone iin your vigilantist ways towards nonces....they need torturing

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.' Dr Seuss.
Wise One
Wise One
Still I dont get what the fuss is about surrounding the general use of the CHRIS website. Apart from him letting Venables new identity out every other person named on the site has been reported either in the national or local press.

It is not a place where people are put up on the site by rumour and all cases already exist on the internet if you look. It is simply a site that copies and pastes stories onto one site so worried parents/parteners can check if someone has been named and shamed alreday rather than seaching google for hours on end.

It also has countless advice section like spotting early signs, how to cope and where to turn for extra help plus many more advice sections. As a parent I do look and would never go and confront the sick evil perverts but at least I know who to look out for in my local area to help keep my kids as safe as possible.

I DO NOT know why he choose to name Venables new identity, personally I feel we DO HAVE A RIGHT to know who he is as rehabillitation obviously DID NOT work wheras with Thompson it seems to have so I would let him have his annominity if he stays clean for the rest of his life.

Last edited by dizdazdoz; 8th May 2011 2:20pm.
Newbeee
Newbeee
the problem Diz is that people like exO believe these nonces have there human rights and think WE are too dangerous to know were they live and breath.
when people were making suggestions about exO last night i was ALMOST about to stand up for him/her. After reading there ignorant comment before, then I have my doubts on this person as well.
ex0, I am glad abuse hasnt affected you, seriously, but if it had then I reckon you would change your opinion on a few things.

Newbeee
Newbeee
@rocketqueen, dont get me wrong, im not a vigilante. There has been a few cases were innocent blokes have been targeted and had the shit kicked out of them because A - they look like said nonce B - They share a simmilar surname or C - Nasty fuckers have spread rumours about them and it is a shame but I am in full support of the C.H.R.I.S website. There info is precise and already in the public domain. Credit to them for trying to keep all public records in the one site but someone high up as seen it as either a tool for good people to kick the shit out of the nonces or the people high up have another agenda.
anyway, love your name. Step daughters going to see guns 2 roses in few weeks. there supposed to be shit hot.

Addict
Addict
Originally Posted by Volly
ALL sex offenders, not just peado's, should be shipped off to a remote island somewhere and be left to do whatever they want to each other.

Wouldn't be too long before they started killing each other in sick sex acts e.t.c.

I ( as a father of 3 ) certainly don't want any within 100 miles of my kids.

Haven't made my mind up about the C.H.R.I.S. site yet - not been on it but from what I've read on here, it does sound pretty dangerous if the wrong "nutter" gets the wrong end of the stick about somebody who shares the same name as an offender.
On the other hand, I'll probably have a look at the site on Monday when it's back up for my own satisfaction that I don't know any of them - Won't be going around giving them a kicking if it turns out that I do though. They've served thier time and been punished - the arguement about whether they've been punished enough isn't down to "joe public" to decide.
The law states what happens to them and as has been said many a time, the law is an ass!!

If I win the Euromillions, I'll buy an island myself to ship them all to - then we can all live and relax without fear of them being around.

Let me put this to you then mate, I know for a 100% fact that were you are (wall village/Licard way) there is a convicted nonce. Im not sure how I stand with regards to the law as I dont think his name or story was published in the paper so I wont give his name to you, as much as it would give me sheer pleasure to out him in here as he is a MAJOR member (Forum Addict)of this WIKIWIRRAL forum. What I will say is this, he abused two 11 year old boys and was served with a HEFTY sentence of wait for it folks......30months. He served just under 20 months and has to sign the register for life. How the hell is that justice? The two 11 year olds he abused are now adults and one of them has been suffereing from depression for the best part of 15 years to a point were he tried commiting suicide twice and will probably be on anti depressants for the rest of his life. It also stopped him working and after 12 years is finally coming off sickness benefits to work for himself.
So tell me, has the dirty little barstard served enough punishment? Are you happy that he probably see's your kids everyday and maybe even taken a photograph of them? (He takes pictures by the way. That is a FACT)
This dirty little nonce barstard has a lot of people fooled in these forums and other forums too. No one I assume, knows his past and seem to think he's a swell guy. Well, he isnt. He is pure evil. Believe me, I wouldnt want to kill him. That is too quick. A damn good kickin would do it but it would have to be everyday for the rest of his life until he had enough then ended it himslef. Not before his business goes under and his friends and family who dont know about his past are informed just so he can have some mental anguish too. That I reckon would give me pleasure. Just.
God, I hope he reads this just so he knows that someone is on to him. And I also have proof by the way that gave his release date from prison and the name of the two lovely detectives that arrested, interviewed and charged him so what I am saying is not slander, bullshit or incitememt to violence. It is pure 100% FACT that can be backed up if im backed into a corner. Ive not gave away his name, so im legally correct (I think) in telling people what I am aware of.
Oh, its not EXO as far as im aware. JOKE exo before you get your knickers in a knot

Never said I agree with it - think you need to re-read my post again.

I hate them just as much as the next person, all I said was I hadn't made my mind up as to whether or not sites like that are a good idea.

I agree, they can never be punished enough - just not sure it's down to us as vigilantes.

Old Hand
Old Hand
http://www.chris-uk.org/
Back online now for all us paranoid parents to check out...I cant think why anyone would not want you to know this information...

Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,282 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,420 Spotted!