WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
5 members (2 invisible), 10,026 guests, and 420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
philmch Offline OP
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Still no email. I've phoned the useless buggers and requested my MAC.

Google Ads
C
CrocodileDundee
Unregistered
CrocodileDundee
Unregistered
C
20 minutes on the phone, thank god it's free, and four different departments later and Virgin say they are hoping it will be fixed by 09:00 tomorrow. Watch this space!!!

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Croc is it the usual problems with the exchange BS

Can't be as bad as talk talk, absolute clowns they are

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
C
CrocodileDundee
Unregistered
CrocodileDundee
Unregistered
C
I'ts an area fault they reckon.

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
definitely an area fault, mine is spot on.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by philmch
Still no email. I've phoned the useless buggers and requested my MAC.

Are yo on their ADSL service? omg At least their cable service is consitently quite fast (when they allow you to use it that is), but their ADSL service is the pits lmao.

philmch Offline OP
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Originally Posted by MattLFC
Are you on their ADSL service?

Yes Matt and it's never been that good to be honest. I'm getting 6.2Mbps at the moment which is ok but it usually disconnects and reconnects itself at least once per day.

I'm thinking of going onto BT's Broadband And Anytime Calls bundle btw. Got my MAC already. At least Virgin can get something right.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Avoid BT like the plague - my mum was left without internet for 52 days by their stupidity - and their broadband is a right royal rip off price wise - and they are starting to implement the dirty traffic management and throttling tactics that Virgin do. And avoid TalkTalk/Tiscali. Not sure about Orange nowadays, but they had a terrible reputation.

Probably leaves you with o2 and Plusnet haha, the former have been excellent for me. Im with Madasafish (sub of Plusnet) for my landline, and they are dirt cheap call-wise, and have always gone way above my expectations when it comes to customer service!!

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I'm with talk talk, they are very cheap (phonecalls and broadband), customer service can be crap when you initially try and get connected. Once your connected everything is fine.

Most of the customer services are much of a muchness, you might as well pay a cheap price and get crappy service than pay a higher price and get a crap service.

My speed on ADSL is amazing, but I am sitting on top of the telephone exchange.

All the problems on joining were Openreach problems not talktalk as they do line repairs, connections etc.

Have had a few funnies now and then - broadband and/or phone occasionally went off just after midnight, back on the next day, but they were doing a major upgrade to the exchange to increase its capacity and speed.

I don't know how people are taken in by the Virgin phonecall pricing, they are totally extortionate on a system that should be able to provide the cheapest calls.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
The problem with Tiscali/TalkTalk is they are rotten from the core, every element of their service seems to fall foul of regulators and watchdogs, and they are constantly involved in some scam or swindle, and generating massive amounts of complaints. For all their faults, even BT can't hold a candle to TalkTalks crappy service...

TalkTalk have a long and established history of leaving (particuarly new) customers without internet access for weeks, even months in a lot of cases. Then they have the reputation for increasing their prices willy-nilly. Just this week they have been fined £2.5million for continuing to bill an estimated 62,000 customers who no longer have services from them. Routers going lost in the post, ending up all around the world, taking months to arrive at customers, not honouring price contracts etc... And thats before you even consider their shitty customer services!! I seem to recall it took you over a month of arsing about with their customer services telling you your not even a customer etc, before they got your connection installed.

Their biggest problem is, they seem to be totally profit driven, with zero interest in their customers. Everytime they have problems, and the numerous times they have been on Watchdog and other consumer shows, they always blame it on some crappy system they have running, they never hold their hands up and say we are getting it wrong, and things never improve (its 5 years since the horrors of new customer connections hit the headlines, and you yourself are proof they are still happening). They were on rip-off britain just a few weeks ago with people still experiencing problems with their internet connections amongst other issues.

It's easier to just avoid the ... than risk the problems - the risk is simply too high. Whilst no ISP is perfect, and all ISP's suffer some issues from time to time, the level of customer disastisfaction with TalkTalk seems to be extraordinarily higher than other ISP's. When a company like o2, for the mostpart, can get it "just right" (even if it is a couple of quid more expensive - not worked it out) why can't the others? Freefone customer support 24/7 based in the UK (no Indians asking you to speak clear English to them because they can't understand you), who know what they are talking about instead of just reading from a script and ending up at "computer says no" etc... Internet services that are lightning fast, no horror stories of people struggling for months to get connections, rewards given to loyal customers in the form of discounts, generally just a service that works and a company that seems interested in keeping you happy to keep your custom etc... and there are other smaller companies like them, but none of the big-boys follow their example?

o2 show it can be done, the only conclusion I can reach is that none of the other want to do it!

Forum Master
Forum Master
Bahhh it's still not working mad

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Told ya haha tease

philmch Offline OP
Old Hand
OP Offline
Old Hand
Originally Posted by GrandMasterFlash
Bahhh it's still not working mad

Likewise. Day 3 and still no email. Useless bustards. mad

Forum Master
Forum Master
Told ya haha tease

Shhhhh! tease

Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
The problem with Tiscali/TalkTalk is they are rotten from the core, every element of their service seems to fall foul of regulators and watchdogs, and they are constantly involved in some scam or swindle, and generating massive amounts of complaints. For all their faults, even BT can't hold a candle to TalkTalks crappy service...

TalkTalk have a long and established history of leaving (particuarly new) customers without internet access for weeks, even months in a lot of cases. Then they have the reputation for increasing their prices willy-nilly. Just this week they have been fined £2.5million for continuing to bill an estimated 62,000 customers who no longer have services from them. Routers going lost in the post, ending up all around the world, taking months to arrive at customers, not honouring price contracts etc... And thats before you even consider their shitty customer services!! I seem to recall it took you over a month of arsing about with their customer services telling you your not even a customer etc, before they got your connection installed.

Their biggest problem is, they seem to be totally profit driven, with zero interest in their customers. Everytime they have problems, and the numerous times they have been on Watchdog and other consumer shows, they always blame it on some crappy system they have running, they never hold their hands up and say we are getting it wrong, and things never improve (its 5 years since the horrors of new customer connections hit the headlines, and you yourself are proof they are still happening). They were on rip-off britain just a few weeks ago with people still experiencing problems with their internet connections amongst other issues.

It's easier to just avoid the ... than risk the problems - the risk is simply too high. Whilst no ISP is perfect, and all ISP's suffer some issues from time to time, the level of customer disastisfaction with TalkTalk seems to be extraordinarily higher than other ISP's. When a company like o2, for the mostpart, can get it "just right" (even if it is a couple of quid more expensive - not worked it out) why can't the others? Freefone customer support 24/7 based in the UK (no Indians asking you to speak clear English to them because they can't understand you), who know what they are talking about instead of just reading from a script and ending up at "computer says no" etc... Internet services that are lightning fast, no horror stories of people struggling for months to get connections, rewards given to loyal customers in the form of discounts, generally just a service that works and a company that seems interested in keeping you happy to keep your custom etc... and there are other smaller companies like them, but none of the big-boys follow their example?

o2 show it can be done, the only conclusion I can reach is that none of the other want to do it!

Matt i'm with you mate, I used to be a bench engineer and have a decent bit of IT experience, Talk Talk are the biggest shower i have come across, Customer service is sh*te and all call centres seem to be based abroad. Frustration isn't the word. You get helpfull advice such as is your router turned on ? - wtf ?

They give you a half decent connection when in trial period, but averages about 5mb soon as trial expires and your bound for two years they put u on a 1mb pI** poor line, online with your mates on COD is a no no as line can't cope, youtube is even an effort, constant lag and pauses and contention on the line is about 1 to the rest of the wirral, stay away from talk talk they are about as technical as a monkey, customer support doesn't exist, you'd get more sense from pc world and that is saying something !

My missus thought she was doing us a favor by using them becasue they are cheap, i have found out why the hard way

Cowboys

smile

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mark 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,248 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,369 Spotted!