WikiWirral yrs online 24/7 365 days a year.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (2 invisible), 9,805 guests, and 419 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
my nephew has already done some teaching and has done teaching assistant when he did the uni course as that was part of it but saying take the assistant job is like saying a doctor should be a nursing assistant.
I'm waiting for all the fun as i know the dole will give me loads of jobs as i have had alsorts of experince but i can't do them anymore on doctor's advising me that if i carry on doing physical work i will end up in a wheelchair when my back decide's to pop the l5 disc in my back again but hopefully after seeing disability adviser will come up with a plan to get me back into work and i really want to not live on the medication that i take everyday as doctor actually prescribes less medication to cancer sufferer's than what i take.

I'm trying to think of a suitable job that i can do but something i won't hate after 2 weeks as i have always done hands on work of some sort or other.

Lairds are still there but don't take on as many as they used too plus getting an apprenticeship these days is really hard then again most places have gone as the country imports so much these days as it's cheaper to do that than to pay a workforce.

Google Ads
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
The list would be endless Derek, i can't even remember most of them that would need to go on the list, the sad thing about it is, those type of employers and the levels of manpower they employed, will never come back.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Bring back Churchill smile

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
I'll just end up repeating myself. Suffice to say that when I was out of work in the 70's I joined up again, yep even as an old man, and was told I would have to start at the bottom again, which I did. The money was crap, I was even getting supplementary benefit while I was in, but I did it because I would be working and also it was a foot in the door for better things. In the event it was and I did a further 23 years so I am only speaking from my own experience. Must admit that it was harder in the 7 years I had just spent as a civvy because I was institutionalised but I still got stuck in.

Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
If they can support the kid then good on em, but it looks like they have no stable jobs or life style. Another baby up for adoption soon I bet.

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Veteran
Veteran
8 Flour mills
9 Stork Marge
10 Graysons
11 Abbatoir
12 Gasworks
13 Steam rail depot
14 Manganese
15 Vernons Industries
16 Alfred Holt's
17 Clan Line
18 Price's Candle
.....all decent-sized employers, now gone.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
There's been plenty of jobs over the past 15 years, the same people won't help themselves, they will forever want to sit at home, getting up at 14:00 just in time for Jeremy Kyle, after a heavy night on the weed/ale playing the Xbox etc, with of course the weekly inconvenience of visitng the dole office, every day for the rest of their lives... And the rest of us are just going to have to keep paying for it, till we die.

Labour did nothing about it, instead they made life more and more comfy for the scroungers than ever before, and then they walloped any hope of these people ever getting jobs, by promoting immigration and indeed made it easier than ever for immigrants with the abolition of the Primary Purpose rule a few months after they came to power in 97, and stupidly left an open-door for the Eastern-Europeans in 2004, when most other EU countries had locked down their boarders to citizens from the new EU expansion countries, which meant almost a million jobs went to Eastern European citizens instead of pushing the scroungers into them, and they finished off all hope of them ever getting job, by screwing the economy and not having saved a bean, during the boom years, for when the inevitable bust happened, but instead getting us into unsustainable amounts of public debt.

And now finally we have a coalition prepared to stand up for the hard working people for a change, and take on the scroungers, but unfortunately the timing is bad, and there is no longer jobs to put them into.

I hope to god im wrong, but I have a sneeky suspicion that the same scrounging folk who were long-term, permanent unemployed over the past 7 years, will still be long-term, permanent unemployed in 7 years time.

frown

Z
zippy
Unregistered
zippy
Unregistered
Z
what this got to do with if the granddad as got a job or not, so if he had a job she wouldn't be pregnant, wow I can see it now 100s of men 'It ok love we don't need a comdom I"ve got a job' LOL

Smartchild
Smartchild
have to agree zippy, this thread should be about the fact that too many young girls, barely in high school, drop their drawers ....

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.' Dr Seuss.
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
So it should be Rocket, but as you know we always get blown of course. Matt makes a valid point, so is it time to stop outsiders filling British jobs?

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,

Bertieone.
Smartchild
Smartchild
lmao bert....but it is the taxpayer who is footing the bill for their "behind the bushes" indiscretions lol

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.' Dr Seuss.
#466036 26th Jan 2011 7:24pm
Forum Master
Forum Master
Who ever you are zippy you are right up my street sence of humour is boss

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Originally Posted by rocketqueen
lmao bert....but it is the taxpayer who is footing the bill for their "behind the bushes" indiscretions lol

The morality of fourteen year old girls and boys for that matter has nothing to do with what benefits are available, otherwise we are suggesting that young boys and girls from working families don't get in to trouble, of this nature.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,

Bertieone.
Smartchild
Smartchild
no bert, as usual this has been turned onto a employment vs unemployed and who should have what thread....

i am talking from the point of teenage pregnancy, despite social backgrounds or employment status....think britain has the highest rate of teenage pregnancy in europe....

considering there is;
better and improved sex education in schools
free condoms
free contaception and advice
from centres who do a brilliant job like the brook...

young girls are still getting pregnant....

why is this
is it because

this country
provides housing with free rent and council tax
provides benefits
provides so many hours a week, free childcare places to 2 year olds

hey if the girls attend college they get full time free childcare, as soon as the mother wants to go on a course.....

some young girls view this as a meal ticket....a way to get away from home and have their own money......

am not disputing the fact that young girls need help, there should be choices...not a smorgasboard of benefits and free help,

this just shouldnt be left to the young girls neither, the young lads responsible for dipping their wick should face the reality of the situation and be responsible for their own actions

go on facebook and you will see them going on about what tattoo they are going to get next week, or how many fosters and lads they have around their home...

thanx courtesy to the taxpayer

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by rocketqueen
no bert, as usual this has been turned onto a employment vs unemployed and who should have what thread....

i am talking from the point of teenage pregnancy, despite social backgrounds or employment status....think britain has the highest rate of teenage pregnancy in europe....

considering there is;
better and improved sex education in schools
free condoms
free contaception and advice
from centres who do a brilliant job like the brook...

young girls are still getting pregnant....

why is this
is it because

this country
provides housing with free rent and council tax
provides benefits
provides so many hours a week, free childcare places to 2 year olds

hey if the girls attend college they get full time free childcare, as soon as the mother wants to go on a course.....

some young girls view this as a meal ticket....a way to get away from home and have their own money......

am not disputing the fact that young girls need help, there should be choices...not a smorgasboard of benefits and free help,

this just shouldnt be left to the young girls neither, the young lads responsible for dipping their wick should face the reality of the situation and be responsible for their own actions

go on facebook and you will see them going on about what tattoo they are going to get next week, or how many fosters and lads they have around their home...

thanx courtesy to the taxpayer

Amen that lady!!

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
Gibbo
Gibbo
Formby
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,288 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,423 Spotted!