WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
14 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,530 guests, and 650 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
#465734 25th Jan 2011 10:35pm
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
don't it make you proud to be british. yer i don't think so.
Snippet from the sun newspaper about him.
this country is so annoying when this is what they are proud of so much for the world champion's of any sport we have youngest grandad oh great

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3369623/It-is-quite-mad-that-Im-a-grandad.html

Google Ads
Smartchild
Smartchild
These are hard times you know

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
hard times tell me about it as i was working for myself and popped a disc in my back and got told that i wouldn't get any sick pay as i had a partner so she has had to keep me as she earns more than £102.75 a week which goverment says we can live on yer right pay rent and get food etc on that and go to work.and they now stopped paying the ni contributions and made me sign on even though i was signed off for a further 2 months but at the moment i have had to go on the dole as can't return to my work so now i lost my business and struggling and got to find another type of work to do as can't go back to the building trade or go back to working with cars on doctor's advice as he said if it goes again when doing the work i was i wouldn't be walking as it's taken me 5 months to able to walk without a walking stick and finally got behind a wheel just after xmas so i can drive short distance now.
I have worked since i was 16 and turn 40 this year so i think i deserve more from the social than what i have had and appealing their descision's can take 9 months i want to be able to work soon just got to see a diasbility adviser as now got limited work capabilities

Last edited by endoxr4x4; 25th Jan 2011 11:03pm.
Smartchild
Smartchild
I am sorry to hear of your plight.I am lucky in as much as I have been in work all my life and am now retired. Who is to say I wont get similar treatment in my old age. My wage packet was raped each week for over forty years, and now I am a liability.

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Here we have yet another media article thats suggesting we can only question the moral attitude of a fourteen year old girl getting pregnant because her father is a dole scrounger.
Why is there a need to even mention the father is unemployed, are they suggesting once again, if the child was from a working family who can financially support her, that would be ok. It goes on to say, the grandfather to be is pleased and happy for his daughter, most people would think a strange statement to make, considering her age, but is he not allowed to hold those views because he's a dole scrounger.
The article goes on to say, the mother who works in a cafe has a flat screen TV and a blackberry, does this now mean, anyone in a low paid job is not allowed to own a few little luxuries, is the article suggesting that as soon as one becomes unemployed or takes on a low paid job these articles have to go or can't be bought.
Whats annoying to me is, if they want to have a go at dole scroungers, thats fine, if they want to question the rights and wrongs of a fourteen year old girl getting pregnant, thats fine, but whats the pregnancy of a fourteen year old girl got to do with someones employment status. Maybe i have it completely wrong and it doesn't happen to well paid high earning families.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Wise One
Wise One
Bert you've nailed it on the head, I'm waiting for them to say swine flu is down to people on the dole,

\m/>.<\m/ Rock On!!!
Smartchild
Smartchild
sorry i wouldnt even read the website....because its from the sun....how anyone can even wipe their backside this paper let alone read it is beyond me....and i am an evertonian...

endor this is what happens when you work hard and you get repaid nothing...

bert as always you are right

'Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.' Dr Seuss.
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
How come anyone who is trying to claim benefit can afford all the latest gizmos, blackberry, flat screen tele etc.? If you are broke you have the basics, or at least I always did, then as work improved your lot you bought stuff and even then, because you'd worked for it, you was usually a bit careful how you spent it. I just don't get it. Like I said before, provide what they need not what they want. Need shoes, here you are. Want Nikes, go and work for the buggers.

Last edited by BandyCoot; 26th Jan 2011 10:23am.

Birkenhead........ God's own Room 101.
Forum Master
Forum Master
withthat

clap well said Mr Bandy

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
If you read the article it says the woman works in the cafe, so i would think she has every right to own the items mentioned. Are we going down the road of making people who fall in to unemployment or are long term unemployed get rid of these items or ban them from owning them in the first place, a form of means testing. Can we not try and get higher pensions because pensioners might dare to have a pint or a little holiday. The level of benefits and the like are at set levels and its not up to us to determine how its spent. Whats next, make someone unemployed sell all their goods before they can claim, the truth is they probably buy most things on the never never and get ripped off by extortionate interest rates, and yet that seems to be ok.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,

Bertieone.
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Wrong end of the stick bert, my point is that they should be moaning about what they can't get when they are sitting there with all this gear that workers on low wages can only look at in catalogues. The more the lazy gits get the more they want and it only takes them to get off their fat lardy arses and do a bit. I have every sympathy with people who fall upon hard times and are struggling, been there myself.

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
not all unemployed are wanting to be on the dole as i have had to register on the dole due to work injury and hoping that they can help me back to work and i have worked for 24 years now and my nephew has been to college and university to become a teacher yet he can't get a job and he's applied for more than 50 and dole said take a teaching assistant job well what was the point in him studing for the last 5 years as you don't need all his qualifications to be a teaching assistant.
I started it because the young people need to be taught that they should be more careful and they need to learn respect for themselves and other's as society these days is rubbish and just getting worse as when i was a kid i wouldn't tell a policeman to f off but teenagers these days will and it all stems from the goverment saying thats it's illegal to hit your kids and take the cane out of the school's as when i was there you only had to get it once and didn't want it again and yes i was frightened of getting a belt of my dad if i did something wrong and i lost both my parent's by the time i was 15 and i haven't turned out too bad and i have had lots of job's where i had to respect other people as i have worked for myself and worked in loads of nursing homes and also worked for 2 years as a nurse in the hospital working with stroke patients,head injury are getting hit by drunk driver's,surgical,younger disabled etc and you have to be respectful for the patient and their families and all the people you work with and i could of gone off the rail's and been into drugs and alchohol but I had respect for myself and i don't even drink nowdays and haven't for over 7 years now

Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
I don't think anyone is on about everyone who ends up out of employment. I'm on about the ones who moan that they don't get enough when they are sitting on loads of stuff and use the bookies, and are always in the pub, smoke like chimneys and go on regular holidays and live like bloody royalty on the proceeds of other peoples labours. Like I said, I've been out of work myself and know what it's like, bloody 'orrible.
Your nephew will have his foot in the door if he takes the assistants job and will also be gaining experience whilst being in a position to take advantage of any vacancies that crop up, you have to give yourself a chance.

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
I can take the point if people get things to easy they will carry on regardless, what i argue against is if we are going to have a welfare society, whether it be unemployment, sickness, pensions, etc, benefits, we go down a rocky road if we then go and tell them or make them spend it in a certain way. If we have scroungers, the way to get them into work is not to highlight what they have in the household, we have to as a country provide the jobs in the first place and drag them there, only when the jobs are available can we sort out the problem, its pretty pointless stopping peoples benefits if the alternative is they will turn to crime, or even find more ways of fiddling.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,

Bertieone.
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
we have to as a country provide the jobs in the first place and drag them there, only when the jobs are available can we sort out the problem Well said Bert

Please add to this list of the big employers that have left us
How many local jobs have disappeared from these and been replaced by what?

1 Cammel Lairds
2 British Leather Co
3 Champion Sparks
4 Cadburys
5 Sqibbs
6 Steelworks
7 Docks

Last edited by derekdwc; 26th Jan 2011 11:37am.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am