Our Success is in our members who value our strength as a valued community.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,281
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (ArranGirl13, 2 invisible), 8,084 guests, and 428 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
What song are you listening to?
by diggingdeeper - 28th Mar 2024 6:06pm
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Stab victim suing Merseyside Police over claim he was beaten by bobbies as he lay bleeding in Stanley Park

A STAB victim is suing Merseyside Police claiming he was beaten by bobbies as he lay bleeding in a city park.

Video footage shows the officers repeatedly punch Darren Grace with their fists as he was restrained on the grass in Stanley Park.

Today Merseyside Police accused the Anfield joiner of being violent towards the officers adding “CCTV images can never show the whole story”.

After being shown the tape by the ECHO, the force voluntarily referred the incident to the Independent Police Complaints Commission.

But the watchdog said it was happy for Merseyside Police to conduct its own investigation and it is now the subject of a Professional Standards Department probe.

Mr Grace has not lodged a formal complaint with Merseyside Police and will not co-operate with the internal inquiry saying he has no confidence in the force.

The 31-year-old, of Manningham Road, was initially charged with two counts of assaulting a police officer – charges which were eventually dropped when Crown Prosecution Service lawyers saw the tape and realised there wasn’t enough evidence “to provide a realistic prospect of a conviction”.

Today Mr Grace told the ECHO how he staggered disorientated into Stanley Park in the early hours of Sunday, August 1 after being knifed in the head during a party at a friend’s house.

He said: “I was round at a friend’s house and then some more people came round and one of them went for me with a knife. He got me in the head and it was bleeding. I was confused and just wanted to get out.”

Mr Grace was found by the officers in Stanley Park lying down with blood gushing from his head. The footage, from a camera operated by Liverpool City Council’s Citywatch scheme, shows the three officers – two men and a woman – apparently trying to help Mr Grace who appears confused and slightly agitated.

One of the officers goes to get a first aid kit to treat the gash.

But as Mr Grace seems to try to resist treatment one officer rains down a volley of eight punches onto his injured head – the woman police officer puts her hand on his arm.

Five minutes later, just before 8am, both she and the other officer appear to punch Mr Grace in the head and back as he lies face down on the ground.

A few minutes later nine more police officers, and then an ambulance crew, arrive on the scene and Mr Grace is handcuffed and led away.

After receiving basic treatment Mr Grace was held in a cell at the St Anne’s Street station and spent 11 hours in custody.

He said: “I remember waking up in the cell with my face covered in blood, my head throbbing. I could feel the cut where I’d been stabbed.”

The three officers involved remain on duty and no disciplinary action has yet been taken.

Superintendent Mike Shaw, from Merseyside Police’s Professional Standards Department, told the ECHO: “As a police force we expect the highest standards from our officers. Where those standards are found to be breached disciplinary action is taken.

“At about 7.45am on Sunday, August 1 officers were called to a disturbance in Butterfield Street in Anfield in which it was reported that a male had been stabbed.

“Enquiries led officers to Stanley Park. Upon arrival they found Mr Grace with head injuries in need of medical assistance. During the course of administering medical assistance to Mr Grace he became violent towards the officers.

“In this case I understand that members of the public will be concerned when watching this footage. However I would like to stress that CCTV images can never show the whole story.

“The Professional Standards Department has been in contact with Mr Grace and his legal representatives and have been advised that there will be no complaint against police at this time and that Mr Grace does not want to take part in any misconduct investigation.

“Nevertheless, in order to understand the full circumstances of the incident the Professional Standards Department has launched an investigation. This will include looking at the circumstances that initially led police to Mr Grace, the circumstances around his arrest and the circumstances which led to the discontinuation by the CPS.

“It is important not to prejudge the outcome of the investigation. It would therefore be inappropriate to comment further at this time.

“This matter was voluntarily referred to the IPCC in recognition of the public concern it may generate and the IPCC are happy that Merseyside Police carry out its own local investigation.”

Mr Grace claims he now suffers nightmares and insomnia and feels anxious whenever he sees bobbies on the beat.

Solicitor Paula Satchell, a partner at Anfield-based Paul Crowley Solicitors, is preparing Mr Grace’s civil case against Merseyside Police.

She told the ECHO her client is claiming wrongful arrest, false imprisonment and assault.

[Linked Image]

THE ECHO

Google Ads
Z
zippy
Unregistered
zippy
Unregistered
Z
"officers repeatedly punch Darren Grace with their fist" lol what other part of the body do you punch with ?

Forum Addict
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by zippy
"officers repeatedly punch Darren Grace with their fist" lol what other part of the body do you punch with ?
They'll probably conclude that in fact, "Grace repeatedly nutted the officer's fists with his head"...

Forum Master
Forum Master
I can see that some of thoes blows were to the arm joints, shoulders etc. we used to use thoes `shots` in martial arts to deaden an area. They had a difficult `patient` there, some of their tactics i can agree with but then again some are WAY OVER THE TOP!

IF IT HAS A HOSE THEN IM YOUR MAN

BETTER TO BURN OUT THAN FADE AWAY!
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
About time some of those corrupt fools were caught! smirk

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Forum Master
Forum Master
Cops or baddies mate...??

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Cops, the corrupt ones that go round setting people up.

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Forum Master
Forum Master
What i meant was ITS SO HARD TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE!!!!! pc

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
[qrat i meant was ITS SO HARD TO TELL THE DIFFERENCE!!!!! pc[/quote] aaaaar. Now, by reading your earlier post (bout technique) i 'get' the bit about the cctv not showing the full (er) picture now.

Wiki Guide
Wiki Guide
All coppers need to be like gene hunt lol

Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Not half, I was punched 6 times by a police officer in Liverpool while in the back of a police car.

Cuffed aswell at the time.

Even got a crack while on the way to the cell.

Alls for asking for directions to the taxi place while in liverpool.

[Linked Image]
Forum Guardian
Forum Guardian
Originally Posted by MrPhil
Originally Posted by _Ste_

Not half, I was punched 6 times by a police officer in Liverpool while in the back of a police car.

Cuffed aswell at the time.

Even got a crack while on the way to the cell.

Alls for asking for directions to the taxi place while in liverpool.

Attached Images
images.jpg

Does your vacuum suck? Get a Dyson!!

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am