WikiWirral Online with you since 2003, fantastic.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,882 guests, and 536 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Vehicle crashed into Moreton home previously struck by a bus in Wirral

A HOME which was badly damaged when a bus crashed into it was hit by another vehicle – just weeks after its occupants moved back in.
[Linked Image]
Lee Mottram, 40, and her three children were forced to leave their house in Tanworth Grove, Moreton, when the bus skidded on black ice and ploughed into her bedroom just before Christmas last year.

After months of disruption they moved back home recently – only for a second driver to crash into the side of their house at 4pm on Saturday.

Police, fire and ambulance crews were called to the scene when a man in his 30s, driving a blue Seat, was taken ill at the wheel and careered into the family’s home.

Amazingly, he was the only person injured in the smash and was reported to be in a serious, but not life-threatening, condition.

The house is now being examined by engineers and utility company workers as they again begin the process of trying to make it habitable again.

The latest accident was the third lucky escape for Mrs Mottram and her children.

Speaking to the ECHO after the last crash, she said: “It was only a matter of time before this happened. I have had a taxi in the front garden before but never in the house. I am devastated.

“It just goes to prove how dangerous the situation is on our road.

“Thankfully school is finished because children normally stand on our corner. It was lucky no one was killed.”

Now neighbours and Moreton West councillor Chris Blakeley are calling for Wirral council to introduce speed restrictions.

Stan Webster, of nearby Oakham Drive, said: “It was the second time a major accident involving this house has happened in four months.

“As a motorist, you can see it is very dangerous because of the speed cars approach.

“There are many children who live on this estate and as a community we feel it is time traffic-calming measures were introduced.”

Cllr Blakely added: “The lady was just sat in a van, exceptionally emotionally traumatised and clearly in a state of shock.

“I will be talking to the director of technical services and asking for a site visit by an engineer in the evening, so that the residents can put their views across directly to them.

“We will also start a petition to put pressure on the council to get something done to reduce traffic.”

THE ECHO

Last edited by _jase_; 26th Apr 2010 2:05pm. Reason: ADD PIC
Google Ads
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_

Wiki Guide
Wiki Guide
It was the second time a major accident involving this house has happened in four months.

It's just a coincidence. The top of Fountain Drive in Tranmere had loads of crashes because it was a really, really bad corner (and the council have done nothing about it apart from bollards to protect the people's garden that gets destroyed every week).

"C20 LET bang"
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I know the person whose house this is, I grew up with her two youngest sisters cos they lived in my road frown

Beginner
Beginner
This is one of my really good friends. He is very lucky to be alive as it could have been far worst. It's going to take a long time for him to fully recover.

We still don't know for certain as to how it happened as he can't remember anything a part from something to do with a van but it wasn't down to speeding.

Wiki Guide
Wiki Guide
How badly was the house damaged?

"C20 LET bang"
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
[Linked Image]

Source - Wirral Globe

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by pjmspeedy
This is one of my really good friends. He is very lucky to be alive as it could have been far worst. It's going to take a long time for him to fully recover.

We still don't know for certain as to how it happened as he can't remember anything a part from something to do with a van but it wasn't down to speeding.

The Globe today says the driver took ill at the wheel, not sure how much truth there is in this, but it said the driver was in a serious but stable condition iirc. Did'nt sound like they meant this was due to the crash, more to do with the helth problem.

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Council to consider ways of tackling road safety issues in Millhouse Lane, Moreton

WIRRAL'S highway bosses have promised to look at ways of tackling the problem of speeding motorists using Millhouse Lane in Moreton.

During a public meeting at the Millhouse Pub in Millhouse Lane on Tuesday night, representatives from the council and police heard residents' concerns about road safety. Around 40 people attended the meeting.

It followed a number of recent incidents involving cars and buses using the road.

Among the suggestions were the enforcement of 20mph speed limits, the painting of slow signs, anti-skid surfaces and speed bumps. There was also a suggestion that all residents park their cars on the road.

Another public meeting is planned to take place at the pub, to discuss the council's findings, in July. A date is yet to be fixed.

The road was closed on Saturday, April 24, after a car crashed into a house.

It was the second time in four months that the property at the junction of Tanworth Grove and Millhouse Lane had been hit by a vehicle.

In December, a single-decker bus skidded on black ice before it mounted the kerb and crashed into the building's extension wall.

A house at the junction of Townfield Lane was also hit by a car.

After Tuesday's meeting, a local resident told the Globe: "We've had a lot of concerns about speeding down Millhouse Lane, but we've also thought long and hard about what the answers could be.

"In all fairness, the idiots driving down the road at one o'clock in the morning actually wouldn't be affected by anything that we could do, and one of the biggest problems is stopping them.

"I found the gentlemen who suggested that we all park our cars in the road was not far off a solution.

"In Hoylake, they've actually created parking bays which, even when they’re not in use, give the perception that the road is narrower than it is.

"Another idea was for an anti-skid surface, which is something I was in favour of. But they are not working in other areas.

"I know they had it up near Ridgeway school, but as soon as you get a frost it rips it off the road.

"I think, in the short term, that a few guys with a couple of pots of paint would make a big difference. Just painting ‘Slow’ on the road would make a difference.

"If you are a stranger to this area and happen to be coming down this road, that bend will catch you by surprise."

Following the latest crash, Conservative councillors met residents and confirmed their support in pushing the council to take road safety in the neighbourhood more seriously.

Residents signed a door-to-door petition which called on the Council's Highways engineers to listen to hear their concerns.

Dave Rees, Wirral's road safety manager, said after the meeting: "We know that there's been one recorded injury accident in Millhouse Lane in the last three years and that during the unusually poor weather there was an incident where a bus lost control on the black ice and collided with a property.

"Since then, there has recently been an incident where someone's had a medical episode, lost control of their vehicle during that and hit the same house.

"We're looking into why people have lost control on that particular section of road. We're going to have a look at the carriageway surface to see how much grip it has to see whether there is anything particularly significant about that area, or whether these were just two random incidents that occured or conspired to happen in the same year at the same place.

"We're going to look at how many people are going along the road and at what speeds they are travelling at.

"We'll work with police on this and use the results to help police target their resources. If people are prepared to drive over the speed limit, then I'm sure police will take the appropriate action.

"I made a promise at the meeting that we’ll have a look at what we can do to tackle the problem and will report back to this group of residents within the next two months."

THE GLOBE

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
A place i go to a lot in Scotland fitted chicanes with big concrete bollards by them, The people i stay with think its been a great success, they don't have dipsticks flying down the road anymore.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Forum Master
Forum Master
Originally Posted by bert1
A place i go to a lot in Scotland fitted chicanes with big concrete bollards by them, The people i stay with think its been a great success, they don't have dipsticks flying down the road anymore.

The have a similar system on Princess Road in Ellesmere Port, they've also added speed bumps (which makes life hell for emergency services) it's like an Alton Towers ride going down that road.

Forum Master
Forum Master
my daughter lives off princes road the bottom half by near whitby road has speed bumps further up is the chicanes.you have to give way alternately as you go up the road but it does make you go slower.

no1s gonna keep me from u
Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by TheDr

The have a similar system on Princess Road in Ellesmere Port, they've also added speed bumps (which makes life hell for emergency services) it's like an Alton Towers ride going down that road.

You get used to it on Princes Road and more importantly, it works (used to use the road practically every day as the ex lived off it for a while). The worst thing I found about that road in particular, wasnt the speed humps, but actually a massive long dip they had in the road for about a year, about half way down the road, where a utility company had dug up and filled in, without doing a proper job, that was like hitting a brick wall lol. They have a similar system down by Eastham towards the tap, and that also helps slow people down, that road used to be notorious for cars and bikes doing silly speeds down there, especially at night.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master

You get used to it on Princes Road and more importantly, it works (used to use the road practically every day as the ex lived off it for a while). The worst thing I found about that road in particular, wasnt the speed humps, but actually a massive long dip they had in the road for about a year, about half way down the road, where a utility company had dug up and filled in, without doing a proper job, that was like hitting a brick wall lol. They have a similar system down by Eastham towards the tap, and that also helps slow people down, that road used to be notorious for cars and bikes doing silly speeds down there, especially at night.

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am