WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
14 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,530 guests, and 650 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
granny 3
casper 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
Heres my old hawaii, had it for about a year and luckily i didnt do any mods on it. I had shit tyres, probably illegal and it was raining so i went right into the bak of sum1. obviously it was a bit my fault but i blame the weather lol

[Linked Image]

Then after that disaster i knew i wanted another 6th gen civic so i saved up 4 a while then bought this. i paid £1500 for it with 58000 miles on the clock. it was in amazing condition but the main reason i wanted it was because it was a 1.5 lol not a 1.4 very big improvement, naat!!

here she is as i bought her, bit of a shyte pic!

[Linked Image]

first thing i did was get red honda badges, take the 1.5ils off the back and a new type r front lip.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

next i bought a genuine type r grill, and a twin pipe back box off ebay. i went for the ep3 type r look.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

an here they are on

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

grill was ded easy only took 10 mins. I think it looks good with the lip and bumpstrips. thinking of colour coding something but dno wat yet.

My springs are getting fitted this sunday i will post some pics as soon as their done. Any one got any experience with koni sport springs??

[Linked Image]

Today i also recieved my new front tyres gonna get them fitted tomorrow, get the springs done on sunday and then get an alignment on monday.The toyo proxes had good reviews on this site and they wer cheap so decided 2 go 4 em!

[Linked Image]

fitted my springs on sunday at a freinds/mecanics house. only took a cuple of hours. I wasnt hoping for a massive drop because i am a delivery driver part time, just want a subtle drop! heres the pics, tell me what you think

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

i did an oil change with my dad, replaced the old oil filter which was a bit of a nightmare to get off. but the crow bar soon changed that!

then i replaced the gear knob gaitor with an ek9 style 1. pretty easy job and looks sweet!! just need a new gear knob.

[Linked Image]

Then i painted the calipers gold, just to contrast the wheels. suppose any colour is better than shitty blacky rusty dirty kind of colour lol

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

gave the wheels a good clean while they where off!
[Linked Image]

Then i decided to type r the headlights so i set about taking the front bumper off
[Linked Image]

i took the lights off, the car then put them in the ovan to melt the silicon seal the after a cuple of mins i pulled the different sections apart

[Linked Image]

Then i masked the certain ares off and primed them with halfords grey.
[Linked Image]

while i was waitin for the paint to dry i took the plastic number plate surround thingy off, then mounted the plate back on. luks alot sleaker and lightweight lol

[Linked Image]

o yer i also d-badged the rear. just luks alot smoother and stealthy

[Linked Image]

Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

took a few photos today after i cleanerd my car yesterday. it had rained last night so not as shiny lukin as i wud of hoped

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

At the moment i have been colourcoding the bumpstrips, i was gonna just fill the bumpers but i thought i may aswel colour code then if they look shit i can get on with filling them in.

alot of the rubber had layers coming off and stone chips so i chuked a bit of filler in them and gave them a smooth.

heres the before pic

[Linked Image]

heres the otherside with all the stone chips, and a bit of sanding i started.

[Linked Image]

then i put way too much filler on. which meant i had to sand it down alot more but it came out really smooth and i was happy for it to be primered

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The lighting was a bit shit in the garage so the colour may not look right but im sure it will be
[Linked Image]

now im just adding a few more coats of clear laquer and then il show sum pics of them bak on. then i need to do the other 6 pieces frown
[Linked Image]

im well chuffed with how they turned out but i might do an extra layer of laquer as it luks a tiny bit dull.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

i cleaned up my d16z6 inlet mani. just gave it a scrub and a smooth sanding down to bring out the shine.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

also gave the little bracket a spray

[Linked Image]

just ordered a new gasket for the inlet mani then i will fit it hopefully later on in the week.

Then i fitted my exhaust mani. I found that the bolts connecting the mani were badly rusted along with some of the exhaust. They where impossible to take off so i just cut them off and replaced them with new ones. This will also help me later on when replacing my exhaust in the future.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Also gave this a sanding to bring bak the shine and remove the rust

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
today i got the old inlet mani off and swapped it over with the d16z6 one

[Linked Image]

ok the only problem was that my mecanic friend ordered a new gasket but it was for an 1850cc civic. so we had to fabricate a new one using special gasket card.

[Linked Image]

i still need to tidy up the injector wires and give the fuel rail a proper polish but thats pretty much it!

it did take quite a while to do but thats mainly due to the gasket, other issues where just locating which wires went where.

had a day of uni 2day, so thought id do the rocker cover. Iv done like a how-to for people that havent done it yet

so heres the roker cover all dirty

[Linked Image]

gave it a clean with some soapy water and then splodged on loads of nitro morse

[Linked Image]

Then cleaned all that off and gave it a light sand all over. Also polished up the honda logo and dabbed sum vaso on it, so the paint will come off l8er.
Also plugged some of the holes with tissue and masking tape

Then used a high temperature paint as a primer

[Linked Image]

After about three coats of primer i gave it a light sand with 1200 grit ready for paint.

Then i did four coats of paint and this is what im left with

[Linked Image]

Just need to wait for it to dry, remove the paint on the logo then il get sum pics of it bak on the car. dnno if i shud have done a clear coat of laquer....ahwel still luks ok i fink.

[Linked Image]

Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
[Linked Image]

thought id take sum pics of the car after a clean and nearly all of the bumpstrips colour coded.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

heres my gangsta gecko aswel lol

[Linked Image]

very small update, probably not even worth u looking at it!i did the jdm light conversion 2day, an il be ordering a tegiwa master cylinder brace and a password jdm gear knob for crhistmas. and thats it lol

(very bad picture)
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

iv changed the badge bak to standard and put my import plate on. i just need to get rid of the sticky stuff left over from the the previous plate.
[Linked Image]

finally got round to fitting my straight through exhaust system with decat. it sounds soo much nicer, has a subtle purr to it and sounds really sporty in vtec, im soo pleased. we had to weld a few areas to get the pipe to fit with the new decat but everything is fitted now.

old stock exhaust
[Linked Image]

new exhaust being bodged
[Linked Image]

i also put my tegiwa mc brake stopper on. i just couldnt wait till christmas, i hate having parts lying round my room waiting to go on my car. so that on and braking seems a bit sharper.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
unfortunately i had a little bump the other week on the ice. skidded into a wall but luckily the damage wasnt too bad, most of it was on the numberplate. [Linked Image][Linked Image]
soon the bumper was fixed and also replaced the number plate. And added a tilt bracket from Tegiwa

i also bought some grommits from halfors too fill in the holes, then sprayed them up.
my new camera arrived aswel so heres som shots, not the best because im still learnin the ropes

o yer and i sprayed these up coz they where manky!

[Linked Image]

should freshen the bay up abit more

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
And thats pretty much it so far heres some pictures i took the other night.Please excuse the one bumpstrip which is still to be painted, the silly ride height, shit wheels and bad photography skills.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Looks great mate - love the job on the cam cover happy

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Lookin very nice joe. I think an EK9 rear wing would complement it very well. Glad to see you did the head light colour code job well (i've known a few people to mess that one up).

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!
Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
Originally Posted by Beaker
Looks great mate - love the job on the cam cover happy

cheers beaker i wasnt sure on the colour first but i love it now. Not to over the top or anythin

Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
Originally Posted by Sanchez
Lookin very nice joe. I think an EK9 rear wing would complement it very well. Glad to see you did the head light colour code job well (i've known a few people to mess that one up).

thanks sanchez, i really want an ek9 wing but there just so expensive for what they are though. Im sure i will get one further down the line. The headlights where a bit of a pain but i think they make such a differnce,well worth doing,
cheers

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Very nice job on all the work you've done. Impressive.

Thanks for sharing, keep us updated happy

Autowirral.co.uk - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Motoring Enthusiasts.
Cruisewirral.com - The Northwest's Biggest forum of Modified Car Enthusiasts.
Forum Veteran
Forum Veteran
Looking good that

drifting drifting and yet more skidding
Newbeee
OP Offline
Newbeee
cheers lads, any of u lot no about some meets on the wirral. I am a member on other forums but they all live near london and stuff. I would love to meet some people with similar interests cheers joe.

Wiki Guide
Wiki Guide
Looks nice, you've done a really good job on that.

"C20 LET bang"
Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
Originally Posted by joeleoek3
Originally Posted by Sanchez

thanks sanchez, i really want an ek9 wing but there just so expensive for what they are though. Im sure i will get one further down the line. The headlights where a bit of a pain but i think they make such a differnce,well worth doing,
cheers

Yer they are, I ended up going JDM stupid and payed £350 for a genuine black one. Never again lol. I think if I was to ever buy a civic again it would have to be the ek9 and not an ek tarted up to the standard of typeR ! search my user name and civic for ideas on civic's. I've had a fw and dne topics on themm all here!

Uncertainty or not knowing causes depression, Im happy because I know I'm going to die one day!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
Dilly
Dilly
wallasey
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am