A serial Marmite thief, Nicholas Welch, who forced a petrol station to stop stocking the spread after he continually stole every jar has been convicted of shoplifting.

The 30 year-old was spotted several times on CCTV walking into the garage and swiping dozens of pots of the condiment.
In total he stole 18 jars of the £2.79 yeast extract spread on four separate occasions worth over £50 from the 24-hour W. Grose Shell Garage in Kingsthorpe, Northants.

In desperation station manager Jim Keary, 54, who has run the site for 11 years, was forced to stop selling jars of Marmite for several weeks in November.
He eventually started restocking it behind the counter amid tightened security.
Welch was finally caught when CCTV images were circulated among members of Northampton Retail Crime Initiative (NRCI) who recognised his face on their database of prolific offenders.
At Northampton Magistrates' Court Welch was handed a 12-month supervision order.
He will remain on the NRCI's list of known shoplifters for the next year is banned from more than 150 shops around the town including W Grose.
Store manager Mr Keary said he was still bemused by Welch's motives for stealing the numerous jars.
"We have got so much of the stuff now we need to get rid of it, because Marmite actually sent us another 20 jars to replace the ones that were stolen," he said.
"I expect it will probably make a return to the shelves now.
"I am glad we have been able to help the police catch a prolific offender. He was clearly doing it to raise some cash."
He added: ''It's a very funny way of making money, but I suppose he knew someone he could sell it on to for a quick profit.''
NRCI co-ordinator Joe Joyce said he was ''a bit disappointed'' with the lenient sentence.
He added: ''He is a prolific offender and is someone we will be keeping our eye on.
''He has been on our books for about the past six weeks, and he's got a year left to run on a banning order stopping him from going into our member shops.

''We took the CCTV footage from W Grose to our security briefing and got it confirmed from lots of different people that it was Welch who was stealing the Marmite.''
Source