WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,578
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
5 members (2 invisible), 10,026 guests, and 420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
PaulRobson, meolswanderer, Firminafirm, YesterYearGenea, Luke121
14,578 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
casper 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
casper 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Addict
Addict
I agree Tilly, sounds like someones getting confused with fact and fiction (or opinion as the case may be)

Google Ads
Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by bert1
The question is what do we think of the RSPCA, well i think its a excellent organisation that does excellent work for the welfare of animals. Like most large organisation it going make mistakes and come in for criticism from time to time but without it animal welfare in this country would be in a poorer state.

did you not read what they did berti? and not for the first time either. there are other organisations that imo would do a far better job than them, organisations that actually care about animal welfare..

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by BandyCoot
One thing I've noticed with the RSPCA is that whereas in the old days they used to wear plain clothing they are now in militaristic uniforms, including the shoulder pips, scrambled egg on the higher up hats, which are also militaristic. The Wooly Pully, the shirts ties and all the other paraphanelia, the latest vehicles and so on. Since when is all this crap needed to look after animal welfare? That's where a lot of the money is going. They can do this because old people leave them thousands of quid a time in bequests and I personally think it is an abuse of funding. They will never get a penny from this geezer. That's just my opinion and something I've noticed, ditto Oxfam.

thanks for that bandycoot i like your opinion

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by nestonlad
Thanks for bringing this to our attention Tilly.I am shocked that the R$PCA would do something like this when they are excellent charity groups like German Sheperd Rescue out there.I have had many German Sheperd Dogs and have donated to G.S.R I don't think there was anything cynical about tilly putting this message up here she obviously likes German Sheperd Dogs and thought it should be highlighted

thanks nestonlad; gsd rescue are an amazing charity i know because i have dealt with them recently when 3 gsd's were in birkenhead dog pound, 2 quite agressive and one had a skin condition they were all due to be put to sleep, i rang gsd rescue and they came and took all 3 rehabilitated them etc and they are all happy in new forever homes. and they dont have the money the rspca have but they still do it.
but i did'nt highlight because they were gsd's i highlighted it because they were dogs..

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by summer01
sorry i agree with tilly ,i knew about this a couple of weeks back ,they even did it to 2 beagles. i am with the german shepard and it would break your heart thease dogs have suffered.rspca didn t give thease poor dogs a chance .they could have notified germanshepard rescue and got them in kennels and see if they can be rehomed instead of dragging one by one and shooting them.rspca has also failed 2 german shepards that the owner left them out in all weather with no shelter or bedding dirty water and chained to a wall thease dogs died because the rspca did not do a thing about it.the stories are endless.this video is on u tube and is so sad and out of order to shoot thease dogs.

thanks summer i have seen all the vids on utube too it's so sad but the rspca cannot keep getting away with it,i have just heard tho that south wales police are investigating the shooting thank goodness. lets just hope they pay for what they did..

P
PaulWirral
Unregistered
PaulWirral
Unregistered
P
Of course this is an isolated case. I do a lot of fund raising for Wallasey's RSPCA via my site and other events and I can honestly say they do a lot of good work.

http://rspcawirral.piczo.com/?cr=5

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict
Originally Posted by PaulWirral
Of course this is an isolated case. I do a lot of fund raising for Wallasey's RSPCA via my site and other events and I can honestly say they do a lot of good work.

Isolated??? what about the beagles too. no way isolated.
some of workers at the rspca do do a good job, but i know their hands are tied when it comes to rescuing animals,
and the big wigs tell them what they can and what they cant do. the rspca are sitting on 2 million pound, for what? their next xmas lunch?

P
PaulWirral
Unregistered
PaulWirral
Unregistered
P
Originally Posted by Tilly

Isolated??? what about the beagles too. no way isolated.
some of workers at the rspca do do a good job, but i know their hands are tied when it comes to rescuing animals,
and the big wigs tell them what they can and what they cant do. the rspca are sitting on 2 million pound, for what? their next xmas lunch?

Anyone that feels that strongly and to ensure that the Wirral RSPCA never puts a good animal to sleep then why not donate today. Your donation helps the centres.

P
PaulWirral
Unregistered
PaulWirral
Unregistered
P
The question is what do we think of the RSPCA, well i think its a excellent organisation that does excellent work for the welfare of animals. Like most large organisation it going make mistakes and come in for criticism from time to time but without it animal welfare in this country would be in a poorer state.

I agree bert but I have seen it so many times where another organisation will use "shock tactics" to gain notoriety especially when they are struggling with donations due to the economical downturn.

They all do great work.

Tilly Offline OP
Forum Addict
OP Offline
Forum Addict

Anyone that feels that strongly and to ensure that the Wirral RSPCA never puts a good animal to sleep then why not donate today. Your donation helps the centres.

i'm sorry Paul but i'd rather give to a charity that helps wherever possible no matter what the situation. and since this has come out so would thousands of other people.
the rspca as i said before are sitting on 2 million pounds why don't they use it?? also if they had informed other rescues about these GSD's the rspca would'nt have even had to even fork out for extrea bolts, it would'nt have cost them anything..

P
PaulWirral
Unregistered
PaulWirral
Unregistered
P

the rspca as i said before are sitting on 2 million pounds why

Can I ask where you get the evidence that the RSPCA have £2m in the bank? I would be surprised if no charitable organisation has some revenue to fall back on (common sense would tell you that) but please point me in the direction where you got your information.

Last edited by PaulWirral; 30th Oct 2009 2:52pm.
Addict
Addict
Companies House could get you an idea of that kind info

P
PaulWirral
Unregistered
PaulWirral
Unregistered
P

i'm sorry Paul but i'd rather give to a charity that helps wherever possible no matter what the situation. and since this has come out so would thousands of other people.
the rspca as i said before are sitting on 2 million pounds why don't they use it?? also if they had informed other rescues about these GSD's the rspca would'nt have even had to even fork out for extrea bolts, it would'nt have cost them anything..

Of course thats your choice. If we all thought like that then a lot more animals would de destroyed due to a lack of donations. You hear so many times how 'Social Services' have let down the system but you will never say "I am not giving to Children In Need".

The GSD simply look after a particualr animal, a partucular breed of animal whereas the RSPCA look after a huge range from domesticated to wild. The amount of strain on the RSPCA is enormous. So much is expected of them with so little monies. Forget all this executives with high pay. Thats not the fact. Over the years I have both volunteered for the RSPCA as well raised a lot of money and the work they do is fantastic. Don't always believe what you read.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
We've been here before and I don't agree with it. An organisation the size of the RSPCA is bound to make mistakes, and in fact, they deal with so much crap each and every day, they are bound to have to take decisions that they don't want to. They are also under constant media scruitiny, whereas when a smaller organisation or COMPANY makes a mistake, they are not usually noticed. Money might not come into it, but where do you place 10 hungry and desperate dogs if you have neither the capacity or funding? Just put them on the street, or stick them together in an overcrowded pen - either way the RSPCA would not have been able to do right for doing wrong.

As for the GSD link - it's a company making a whole lot of money out of donations, and for what exactly? So they can sit there and critisize every charity and use every mistake/tough decision a charity has to make to against them in a bid to earn some more money.

With regards financials, of course the RSPCA would have funding in the bank... if you had any knowledge of business, you would understand that capital is extremely important to a normal business, nevermind a charity who can suddenly see their donations fall-off due to circumstances beyond their own control. Do you think they should trade on donations only, and plan on the basis of expected donations - its impossible to do that. I have a sizeable amount of capital tied up in my business and am always increasing the figure - not because its ever really been used, but simply because should something adverse happen, the capital is there to be used to ensure the business can keep trading and providing the services my clients rely on and honour contracts etc... Simple rule of business im afraid. Many businesses and even charities have gone to the wall during this recession, basically due to a lack of capital and trading on revenue only - when that revenue falls off, they are in the shit. Id rather the RSPCA kept a few million in capital to ensure that should they ever hit hard times, they can keep doing the great work they do.

What these types of slurs are, are actually propaganda, they exist all over the internet against many organisations and charities... and the one thing that most of these types of slur's include, are donation links. My reference to them living in Marden, is because its a pretty expensive place to live, so the donations that the COMPANY generates, must be making them a mint - hence why they need to create propaganda like this to keep the money rolling in. Next time im at my dads, ill get a photo of the place, from the sounds of things, its one of the mansions as the normal people in the village live in small named closes etc.

Ill keep supporting the RSPCA financially both personally and via my business, because for every bad decision they make, for every COMPANY that tries to say they are bad and trades on a bad decision/mistake they have made, there are tens of thousands of other animals in need that they genuinely help. The RSPCA place in Birkenhead helps those who simply can't afford a vet, and that in itself is worth contributing for. The RSPCA do so much great work and help so many people, in so many different ways... and guess what, they are not biased towards one breed either, they help all animals (bar the scumbags on the streets thankfully), no matter what breed or colour.

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran

did you not read what they did berti? and not for the first time either. there are other organisations that imo would do a far better job than them, organisations that actually care about animal welfare..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/south_west/8230378.stm

yes i did read it.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,248 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,369 Spotted!