Welcome to WikiWirral, sharing is what we do best.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,352
Posts1,033,280
Members14,560
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
12 members (ArranGirl13, 3 invisible), 7,862 guests, and 573 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Kalena1962, rattus, Lisrush, Emotecreative, ArranGirl13
14,560 Registered Users
New General Forums
New Wirral History
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
D.I.Y. / Building Shop
by mharford91 - 3rd Mar 2024 8:53pm
1970's Murder in Central Park, Wallasey
by cutespam - 4th Aug 2018 10:28am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 5:55pm
Oleo Works
by Ducko - 14th May 2008 3:09pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
granny 14
casper 13
bri445 4
Topic Replies
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 3:50pm
Bolts at Bebington Road
by diggingdeeper - 27th Mar 2024 2:33am
Hot Spot Chippie Broadway
by Excoriator - 26th Mar 2024 7:57pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 5:43pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 26th Mar 2024 3:09am
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by diggingdeeper - 24th Mar 2024 5:58pm
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 21st Mar 2024 9:27am
March
M T W T F S S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
cools 1
Kylix 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
Mark 4
Gibbo 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
delta6 Offline OP
Smartchild
OP Offline
Smartchild
Ive heard of a few rumours of pubs being torched lately in relation to the Liverpool gang culture. Anyone else heard of these? Heard of the Prenton and the Punch Bowl in Hoylake being attacked. Are they just rumours?

Last edited by _jase_; 30th Jun 2009 1:47pm.
Google Ads
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
av heard this to no av heard that they are demanding a lot of money or there pub gets torched. confused

very said if you ask me frown

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Pubs in Kirkby and Seaforth targeted by arsonists

TWO Merseyside pubs were torched within minutes of each other by arsonists today.
Firefighters were called to the Seaforth Castle, in Seaforth Road, Seaforth, at around 3.15am.

At around the same time, crews from Kirkby station were on their way to the Roughwood Hotel, in Roughwood Road.

At each pub a window was smashed and petrol poured through before being set alight.

The Seaforth Castle has lay empty for some time with most of the windows boarded up.

Flames ripped through the bar area, sending smoke pouring up to the top of the three-storey building.

No-one was inside at the time.

It is believed a passer-by saw the flames and called the emergency services.

The pub was sealed off today as investigators from the police and Merseyside fire and rescue searched for clues.

The Roughwood pub was targeted in similar circumstances, also at around 3.15am.

Occupants in the flat above the bar area were woken by the smell of smoke but managed to escape before calling the fire brigade.

The ground floor was damaged by the flames and the smoke.

Police were today examining any possible links between the pubs and two on-going feuds on Merseyside.

Several pubs were set alight as the feuds – thought to be over money – rumble on.

Four pubs were attacked on two nights earlier this month.

The Shipperies and The Durning Arms, both in Durning Road, Edge Hill, were torched on one night.

Two nights later The West Derby, in West Derby village, and the Mersey Pride, in Utting Avenue, on the Walton/Norris Green border, were also targeted.

A Merseyside police spokeswoman said: “The scene at Seaforth was cordoned off and crime scene investigators carried out a forensic examination.

“Detectives are investigating what caused the fire and the possible motive for the attack.

“House-to-house enquiries are underway. “

Anyone who witnessed either incident or has any other information is urged to call Merseyside Police on 0151 709 6010 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

THE ECHO

Smartchild
Smartchild
There seems to be 3 differant things going on here:

1. Bored scallies torching empty buildings - wasn't that one in Seaforth derelict and the Corsair in Beechwood was empty when it burnt?

2. Some sort of extortion / gang war thing

3. Some insurance fruad - isn't it strange how some pubs burn down less than one day after closing for busines.......

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by AR_One
isn't it strange how some pubs burn down less than one day after closing for busines.......
That's a very unfair comment, you know some burn down one day before closing down as well!

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

https://ddue.uk
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
'Targeted arson' attack on Hoylake pub

Police are appealing for information after an arson attack on a pub in Hoylake in the early hours of Sunday, June 28.

At around 1.15am, officers were called to the Punch Bowl in Market Street following reports of a fire inside the pub.

The pub was closed at the time and no-one was hurt during the incident.

Detectives are treating this as a "targeted arson" attack and are keeping an open mind as to whether it is linked to any other recent incidents.

It is believed that the fire was started by accelerant being poured through a broken window and set alight.

The pub was sealed off for forensic examination and house-to-house enquiries carried out.

High-visibility patrols have also been stepped up in the area.

Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious at around the time of the incident, or has any other information, is asked to call Birkenhead CID on 0151 777 2265 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

THE WIRRAL GLOBE

Last edited by _jase_; 30th Jun 2009 2:17pm.
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Youth arrested on suspicion of string of arson attacks at Merseyside pubs

Detectives have arrested a 17-year-old male from Huyton on suspicion of arson at a string of Merseyside pubs - including the Punch Bowl in Hoylake.

The allegations concern deliberately-set fires at the following pubs in recent weeks: The Shipperies, Edge Hill; The Durning Arms, Edge Hill; Merseypride, Anfield; The West Derby, West Derby; The Richmond, Liverpool city centre; The Oak Tree, Huyton; The Swan, Huyton; Roughwood Hotel, Kirkby; Green Pepper Club, Broadway; and the Punchbowl, Hoylake.

The youth, who was arrested at his home address this morning, and has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.

THE GLOBE

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
How can someone be on bail with that list of offences??? 10 successful arsons, who knows how many others, not to mention any unsuccessful attempts.

We don't do charity in Germany, we pay taxes. Charity is a failure of governments' responsibilities - Henning Wehn

Forum Master
Forum Master
Holy crap, so thats what was going on!.

In a nutshell, I walked past the Punch Bowl at about 1am on Sunday after quite a few drinks, only saw a few small flames on the pavement, got kicked off on by some fat drunk who can't handle his ale accusing me of finding it funny ( I was not laughing, in fact I didn't even have time to react to what I saw), made some deliberately offensive comment about it being a shame the whole pub was not burning down (its a real dump of a pub) and then walked off as aforementioned drunk called me a baldy headed b***ard. I then put my walkman on and forgot about it till now.

I didn't think the pub was atchley on fire and I just made the comment purely to annoy the knuklehead kicking off on me. I don't think my recollection will be useful to the police anyway.

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
I'd still inform the Police, every little bit of detail helps to build the case, don't want to see the pillock walk free! If you were worse for wear then it will be unlikely that you would be called as a witness in court case.

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Originally Posted by diggingdeeper
I'd still inform the Police, every little bit of detail helps to build the case, don't want to see the pillock walk free! If you were worse for wear then it will be unlikely that you would be called as a witness in court case.

withthat

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Arsonists target two more Merseyside pubs in vendetta against family of licensees

A VENDETTA against a family of Liverpool licensees saw two more pubs targeted by arsonists today.
[Linked Image]
Fire crews were called to the Fountains Abbey, in Walton Road, Kirkdale, and The Park Brow, in Park Brow Drive, Kirkby, in the early hours.

Both pubs are owned by Bernham Ltd, the company run by well-known publican Ian Caine and his sons.

Numerous pubs linked to them have been torched in recent weeks.

The Park Brow was gutted in the attack after flames ripped through the pub – these dramatic pictures were taken by a passing motorist.

The blaze broke out at around 2.30am when, it is believed, a window was smashed and petrol poured through.

The flames tore through the bar area and up into the first floor. No-one was inside at the time.

Five fire engines were sent to the scene. Firefighters spent 40 minutes battling to get the blaze under control.

Watch manager Simon Bates, from Kirkby fire station, said: “When we arrived the fire was already well developed on the ground floor and had spread to the first floor. The damage was extensive. Thankfully no-one was in residence at the time.”

At around 1.50am Merseyside firefighters were called to the Fountains Abbey by the landlord.

He was asleep in the flat above the pub when he heard the sound of smashing glass down below. Looking out of his window he spotted a shadowy figure in the street and frightened him off.

But a fire had already been started outside the pub, with petrol poured against the wall and then set alight.

All of the damage was contained to the outside of the pub.

Crime scene investigators were expected to visit both premises today in their hunt for clues.

A top-level meeting of chief police officers was also due to take place today as they try to stem the wave of arson attacks across Merseyside.

More than 12 pubs have been set alight in the last month alone.

Pubs in Liverpool city centre, West Derby, Edge Hill, Norris Green, Walton, Huyton and Hoylake have all been targeted.

Anyone with information should contact police on 0151 709 6010 or the anonymous Crimestoppers hotline on 0800 555111.

THE ECHO

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Wirral arsonists strike at Birkenhead's The Comet pub

AN EMPTY Wirral pub was torched last night.

A member of the public called the emergency services after The Comet, in Laird Street, Birkenhead, went up in flames at around 10pm.

The pub was boarded up and had not been in use for some time.

It is thought the fire, which took two crews an hour to put out, was started deliberately.

Damage control officers also attended in order to make the building secure after the blaze died down.

THE ECHO

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Huyton man held by police over Merseyside pub arsons

MAN was held by police over a spate of arson attacks on pubs across Merseyside.

The 51-year-old, from Huyton, was arrested at his home yesterday on suspicion of conspiracy to commit arson.

He was questioned and bailed late last night.

The suspect is the third man to be arrested and bailed over the fires.

THE ECHO

Wiki Veteran
Wiki Veteran
I was in the Pelican years ago when someone threw a petrol bomb in, but it was alright somebody drank it before it went off.

God help us,
Come yourself,
Don't send Jesus,
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 8:04am
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 11:56am
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 7:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 2:37pm
Member Spotlight
diggingdeeper
diggingdeeper
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 10:52am
Bolts at Bebington Road
by Excoriator - 23rd Mar 2024 9:48am
Get your Money Tree ready
by keef666 - 22nd Mar 2023 12:27pm
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by CarterUSM - 7th Aug 2020 7:59pm
News : New Topics
Gaza
by diggingdeeper - 29th Oct 2023 9:28am