WikiWirral its great, register, enjoy and welcome.
Forum Stats
12247 Members
65 Forums
72883 Topics
982471 Posts
94 posts in the last 24hrs
Max Online: 7831 @ 8th Apr 2013 4:18pm
Who's Online - Click Me
73 registered (11kendo, 12 invisible), 1703 Guests and 315 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Social Media : Follow Us

(Views 7days)This Weeks Most Read
Incident at Westminster 806
What happened to Tranmere car bootie? 628
Martin Mcguinness dies 597
Alloys refurb and colour change. The Wheel Deal. 499
File too large 443
Council tax bill for this year 2017 419
British troops to Estonia 375
Has anyone fished 335
Offset number plates 323
1882 Plan of the borough of Birkenhead and Wards 319
New General Forums
Mannequin Challenge AKA MRI Scan
by fish5133
11:20 AM
Surely the most honest add.....
by buddy
20th Mar 2017 5:43pm
Happy Birthday DIZDAZDOZ
by snowhite
19th Mar 2017 4:24pm
My old friend the fox
by Dilly
18th Mar 2017 11:15am
New Wirral History
William Bernard's building, Birkenhead
by yoller
20th Mar 2017 4:27pm
1882 Plan of the borough of Birkenhead and Wards
by Dave_Wood
19th Mar 2017 11:57am
New Brighton Coop
by Mike_White
9th Mar 2017 12:48pm
Tranmere High School for Girls 1882 Chesnut Grove
by sarah708
6th Mar 2017 8:23pm
Whetstone Lane, Birkenhead
by MoretonExpat
6th Mar 2017 8:04am
Forum Tips
Photo Gallery Forums
Birkenhead Transport Museum 24th Feb 2017
fireworks on the Mersey last night
Topic Replies
I am having a clear out!
by TheComputerLab
What song are you listening to?
by starakita
02:56 PM
Has Talktalk been hacked yet again?
by Habdab
12:38 PM
Incident at Westminster
by fish5133
10:31 AM
Offset number plates
by Gibbo
09:57 AM
'March' Photo Competition.
by fish5133
08:53 PM
706 Plough Inn 25and 27 Breck Road Wallasey
by tigertiger1953
04:25 PM
What are you eating today?
by Dilly
01:44 PM
Genuine Canada Goose Men's Chilliwack Jacket - L
by Liverpooltiger
01:14 PM
March
M Tu W Th F Sa Su
1 2 3 4 5
6 7 8 9 10 11 12
13 14 15 16 17 18 19
20 21 22 23 24 25 26
27 28 29 30 31
Recent Posts : What's On ?
Lee and Cragg Quarries - Bacup
by Mark
07:43 AM
Rufford Old Hall
by diggingdeeper
13th Mar 2017 9:58am
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#332699 - 29th Jun 2009 12:56pm Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! *****
delta6 Offline
Smartchild

Loc: Moreton
Ive heard of a few rumours of pubs being torched lately in relation to the Liverpool gang culture. Anyone else heard of these? Heard of the Prenton and the Punch Bowl in Hoylake being attacked. Are they just rumours?

Edited by _jase_ (30th Jun 2009 2:47pm)

Local News : Advertising
Click me for more Information......

Looking for a Service / Tradesman? Look in our Local Business Directory. Click Me
#332704 - 29th Jun 2009 1:05pm Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: delta6]
_jase_
Unregistered

av heard this to no av heard that they are demanding a lot of money or there Pub gets torched. confused

very said if you ask me frown

#332755 - 29th Jun 2009 7:34pm Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: ]
_jase_
Unregistered

Pubs in Kirkby and Seaforth targeted by arsonists

TWO Merseyside pubs were torched within minutes of each other by arsonists today.
Firefighters were called to the Seaforth Castle, in Seaforth Road, Seaforth, at around 3.15am.

At around the same time, crews from Kirkby station were on their way to the Roughwood Hotel, in Roughwood Road.

At each Pub a window was smashed and petrol poured through before being set alight.

The Seaforth Castle has lay empty for some time with most of the windows boarded up.

Flames ripped through the bar area, sending smoke pouring up to the top of the three-storey building.

No-one was inside at the time.

It is believed a passer-by saw the flames and called the emergency services.

The Pub was sealed off today as investigators from the police and Merseyside fire and rescue searched for clues.

The Roughwood Pub was targeted in similar circumstances, also at around 3.15am.

Occupants in the flat above the bar area were woken by the smell of smoke but managed to escape before calling the fire brigade.

The ground floor was damaged by the flames and the smoke.

Police were today examining any possible links between the pubs and two on-going feuds on Merseyside.

Several pubs were set alight as the feuds – thought to be over money – rumble on.

Four pubs were attacked on two nights earlier this month.

The Shipperies and The Durning Arms, both in Durning Road, Edge Hill, were torched on one night.

Two nights later The West Derby, in West Derby village, and the Mersey Pride, in Utting Avenue, on the Walton/Norris Green border, were also targeted.

A Merseyside police spokeswoman said: “The scene at Seaforth was cordoned off and crime scene investigators carried out a forensic examination.

“Detectives are investigating what caused the fire and the possible motive for the attack.

“House-to-house enquiries are underway. “

Anyone who witnessed either incident or has any other information is urged to call Merseyside Police on 0151 709 6010 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.

THE ECHO

#332835 - 29th Jun 2009 11:28pm Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: ]
AR_One Offline
Smartchild

Loc: Wirral
There seems to be 3 differant things going on here:

1. Bored scallies torching empty buildings - wasn't that one in Seaforth derelict and the Corsair in Beechwood was empty when it burnt?

2. Some sort of extortion / gang war thing

3. Some insurance fruad - isn't it strange how some pubs burn down less than one day after closing for busines.......

#332848 - 30th Jun 2009 12:38am Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: AR_One]
diggingdeeper Offline

Wiki Guardian

Loc: Birkenhead
Originally Posted By: AR_One
isn't it strange how some pubs burn down less than one day after closing for busines.......
That's a very unfair comment, you know some burn down one day before closing down as well!

When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. Socrates

#332910 - 30th Jun 2009 2:43pm Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: diggingdeeper]
_jase_
Unregistered

'Targeted arson' attack on Hoylake Pub

Police are appealing for information after an arson attack on a pub in Hoylake in the early hours of Sunday, June 28.

At around 1.15am, officers were called to the Punch Bowl in Market Street following reports of a fire inside the Pub.

The Pub was closed at the time and no-one was hurt during the incident.

Detectives are treating this as a "targeted arson" attack and are keeping an open mind as to whether it is linked to any other recent incidents.

It is believed that the fire was started by accelerant being poured through a broken window and set alight.

The Pub was sealed off for forensic examination and house-to-house enquiries carried out.

High-visibility patrols have also been stepped up in the area.

Anyone who witnessed anything suspicious at around the time of the incident, or has any other information, is asked to call Birkenhead CID on 0151 777 2265 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

THE WIRRAL GLOBE

Edited by _jase_ (30th Jun 2009 3:17pm)

#332936 - 30th Jun 2009 4:31pm Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: ]
_jase_
Unregistered

Youth arrested on suspicion of string of arson attacks at Merseyside pubs

Detectives have arrested a 17-year-old male from Huyton on suspicion of arson at a string of Merseyside pubs - including the Punch Bowl in Hoylake.

The allegations concern deliberately-set fires at the following pubs in recent weeks: The Shipperies, Edge Hill; The Durning Arms, Edge Hill; Merseypride, Anfield; The West Derby, West Derby; The Richmond, Liverpool city centre; The Oak Tree, Huyton; The Swan, Huyton; Roughwood Hotel, Kirkby; Green Pepper Club, Broadway; and the Punchbowl, Hoylake.

The youth, who was arrested at his home address this morning, and has been released on police bail pending further enquiries.

THE GLOBE

#332970 - 30th Jun 2009 8:21pm Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: ]
diggingdeeper Offline

Wiki Guardian

How can someone be on bail with that list of offences??? 10 successful arsons, who knows how many others, not to mention any unsuccessful attempts.

#332990 - 30th Jun 2009 9:06pm Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: diggingdeeper]
KevinFinity Offline

Forum Master

Loc: Wirral
Holy crap, so thats what was going on!.

In a nutshell, I walked past the Punch Bowl at about 1am on Sunday after quite a few drinks, only saw a few small flames on the pavement, got kicked off on by some fat drunk who can't handle his ale accusing me of finding it funny ( I was not laughing, in fact I didn't even have time to react to what I saw), made some deliberately offensive comment about it being a shame the whole Pub was not burning down (its a real dump of a Pub) and then walked off as aforementioned drunk called me a baldy headed b***ard. I then put my walkman on and forgot about it till now.

I didn't think the Pub was atchley on fire and I just made the comment purely to annoy the knuklehead kicking off on me. I don't think my recollection will be useful to the police anyway.

#332996 - 30th Jun 2009 9:22pm Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: KevinFinity]
diggingdeeper Offline

Wiki Guardian

I'd still inform the Police, every little bit of detail helps to build the case, don't want to see the pillock walk free! If you were worse for wear then it will be unlikely that you would be called as a witness in court case.

#333000 - 30th Jun 2009 9:33pm Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: diggingdeeper]
_jase_
Unregistered

Originally Posted By: diggingdeeper
I'd still inform the Police, every little bit of detail helps to build the case, don't want to see the pillock walk free! If you were worse for wear then it will be unlikely that you would be called as a witness in court case.

withthat

#333183 - 1st Jul 2009 4:38pm Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: ]
_jase_
Unregistered

Arsonists target two more Merseyside pubs in vendetta against family of licensees

A VENDETTA against a family of Liverpool licensees saw two more pubs targeted by arsonists today.

Fire crews were called to the Fountains Abbey, in Walton Road, Kirkdale, and The Park Brow, in Park Brow Drive, Kirkby, in the early hours.

Both pubs are owned by Bernham Ltd, the company run by well-known publican Ian Caine and his sons.

Numerous pubs linked to them have been torched in recent weeks.

The Park Brow was gutted in the attack after flames ripped through the Pub – these dramatic pictures were taken by a passing motorist.

The blaze broke out at around 2.30am when, it is believed, a window was smashed and petrol poured through.

The flames tore through the bar area and up into the first floor. No-one was inside at the time.

Five fire engines were sent to the scene. Firefighters spent 40 minutes battling to get the blaze under control.

Watch manager Simon Bates, from Kirkby fire station, said: “When we arrived the fire was already well developed on the ground floor and had spread to the first floor. The damage was extensive. Thankfully no-one was in residence at the time.”

At around 1.50am Merseyside firefighters were called to the Fountains Abbey by the landlord.

He was asleep in the flat above the Pub when he heard the sound of smashing glass down below. Looking out of his window he spotted a shadowy figure in the street and frightened him off.

But a fire had already been started outside the Pub, with petrol poured against the wall and then set alight.

All of the damage was contained to the outside of the Pub.

Crime scene investigators were expected to visit both premises today in their hunt for clues.

A top-level meeting of chief police officers was also due to take place today as they try to stem the wave of arson attacks across Merseyside.

More than 12 pubs have been set alight in the last month alone.

Pubs in Liverpool city centre, West Derby, Edge Hill, Norris Green, Walton, Huyton and Hoylake have all been targeted.

Anyone with information should contact police on 0151 709 6010 or the anonymous Crimestoppers hotline on 0800 555111.

THE ECHO

#333446 - 2nd Jul 2009 1:04pm Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: ]
_jase_
Unregistered

Wirral arsonists strike at Birkenhead's The Comet pub

AN EMPTY Wirral Pub was torched last night.

A member of the public called the emergency services after The Comet, in Laird Street, Birkenhead, went up in flames at around 10pm.

The Pub was boarded up and had not been in use for some time.

It is thought the fire, which took two crews an hour to put out, was started deliberately.

Damage control officers also attended in order to make the building secure after the blaze died down.

THE ECHO

#335181 - 9th Jul 2009 1:59pm Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: ]
_jase_
Unregistered

Huyton man held by police over Merseyside pub arsons

MAN was held by police over a spate of arson attacks on pubs across Merseyside.

The 51-year-old, from Huyton, was arrested at his home yesterday on suspicion of conspiracy to commit arson.

He was questioned and bailed late last night.

The suspect is the third man to be arrested and bailed over the fires.

THE ECHO

#335185 - 9th Jul 2009 3:25pm Re: Arson Attacks on Merseyside Pubs!!!! [Re: ]
bert1 Offline

Wiki Veteran

Loc: tranmere
I was in the Pelican years ago when someone threw a petrol bomb in, but it was alright somebody drank it before it went off.
This is no place for children.

Bertieone.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Mod 
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
by Habdab
Today at 10:25 AM
Offset number plates
by venice
Yesterday at 01:24 AM
What does this all mean?
by venice
22nd Mar 2017 12:20pm
black contiboard locally?
by fish5133
21st Mar 2017 9:30pm
Port Sunlight
by alan128
21st Mar 2017 10:09am
For Sale & Free
I am having a clear out!
by TheComputerLab
1 second ago
Genuine Canada Goose Men's Chilliwack Jacket - L
by Liverpooltiger
Yesterday at 01:14 PM
Nail Varnish Stands X 2 (holds 50 in each one)
by j_demo
20th Mar 2017 5:49pm
Ipad
by madrob
19th Mar 2017 5:15pm
windows 7 64bit pc
by brady
18th Mar 2017 4:49pm
Featured Member
Newest Members
Monkeyboyliam121, andreap, LairdLad, HollandGj, petaann
12247 Registered Users
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
New Wirral Info
by Habdab
Today at 10:25 AM
What does this all mean?
by venice
22nd Mar 2017 12:20pm
black contiboard locally?
by fish5133
21st Mar 2017 9:30pm
Port Sunlight
by alan128
21st Mar 2017 10:09am
Council tax bill for this year 2017
by keef666
20th Mar 2017 10:25pm
News : New Topics
Incident at Westminster
by granny
22nd Mar 2017 3:40pm
Martin Mcguinness dies
by Dilly
21st Mar 2017 9:29am
British troops to Estonia
by fish5133
18th Mar 2017 8:16am
Unusual Phone calls
by granny
16th Mar 2017 3:53pm
Thanks
by Christinerowland
14th Mar 2017 8:11pm
New Enthusiast Forums
Offset number plates
by venice
Yesterday at 01:24 AM
File too large
by Dilly
20th Mar 2017 10:41am
ford focus 1.6 t reg rattling
by Little_B
19th Mar 2017 11:02pm
Alloys refurb and colour change. The Wheel Deal.
by TheComputerLab
18th Mar 2017 9:17am
Has anyone fished
by Habdab
17th Mar 2017 8:43pm
(Views 24hrs)Trending Newest Topics
Has Talktalk been hacked yet again? 64
Mannequin Challenge AKA MRI Scan 10
Wirral Sunrise Sunset
Sunrise Fri 6:02am
Sunset Fri 6:33pm
Local Time Fri 4:03pm