Hertha send Voronin back to Reds

Andriy Voronin will make a return to Liverpool after Hertha Berlin passed on the chance to sign him on a permanent deal.

Hertha were not able to afford the Ukranian as they failed to qualify for the Champions League.
[Linked Image]
The 29-year old, who banged in 11 goals in 23 games, was keen to make his move permanent.

Voronin said: “(The match against Karlsruhe on Saturday) was my last match as a Hertha Berlin player.

“I want to wish the club and their fans all the best in the future.”

Voronin is looking forward to “conquering England” following his loan spell at Hertha Berlin.

Voronin failed to make an impact at Liverpool after joining from Bayer Leverkusen in 2007 and was loaned out last summer to Germany.

Voronin said: “It wasn’t a bad season in Germany but now I am coming back to conquer England.

“I’m a person who likes to face new challenges. It’s time to prove to myself and to those people who think I can score a lot of goals only in Bundesliga, that it’s not so.

“Liverpool is one of the world’s strongest clubs. To play for it is a great honour for any footballer.

“I know it’s not going to be easy but I feel ready for a real fight to get into the first choice team