WikiWirral is where great friendships are made.
Forum Statistics
Forums65
Topics76,361
Posts1,033,316
Members14,581
Most Online16,551
Feb 2nd, 2024
Who's Online Now
7 members (2 invisible), 9,892 guests, and 415 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters
sunnyside 45,164
MattLFC 22,315
Mark 21,269
granny 17,788
_Ste_ 16,345
Newest Members
Rinchen, AGC12, Acorn, PaulRobson, meolswanderer
14,581 Registered Users
New General Forums
Hi to everyone
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 1:18pm
Last person to post wins...
by GaryB - 9th Oct 2007 9:15pm
New Wirral History
Moreton History
by IanFife - 1st Apr 2024 1:03pm
Campbell Terrace, behind old St. Andrew's Church on Conway
by KimTheilmann1 - 31st Mar 2024 3:34pm
Tall Brick Chimneys
by diggingdeeper - 16th Mar 2024 12:56pm
Through the Window: GWR Paddington to Birkenhead
by yoller - 16th Aug 2017 7:09pm
Old Hall in Higher Bebington
by Rhoobarb - 25th May 2010 6:55pm
Top Posters(30 Days)
bert1 5
casper 4
Topic Replies
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 19th Apr 2024 10:15am
Restaurant/pub with outdoor seating - Bromborough
by capitulinagarage - 17th Apr 2024 12:52pm
recommendation, please
by muzzy2 - 16th Apr 2024 7:39pm
Car paint jobs
by PaulRobson - 15th Apr 2024 9:54pm
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by diggingdeeper - 14th Apr 2024 2:42pm
West Kirby flood defences
by Excoriator - 13th Apr 2024 3:35pm
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by diggingdeeper - 10th Apr 2024 11:00pm
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Abakumss - 8th Apr 2024 9:04am
April
M T W T F S S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
Kylix 1
cools 1
casper 1
Top Likes Received
bert1 14
casper 4
Mark 4
granny 3
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
nothink new with the sun then, still full off shit.snob

Google Ads
Awesome
Wiki Master
Awesome
Wiki Master
I was looking at the photos of him today with his kids. I think it did show a different side to him. A normal man. Its a tragedy for those kids. I bet they loved him to bits and didn't care what he looked or sounded like. He was simply 'Dad' to them frown

Pics in Daily Mail

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
happy

Jackson's family album seen for first time

[Linked Image]
Happy family? Michael Jackson holds 'Blanket' and Paris while Prince, right, looks into the camera

[Linked Image]
Family fun: Jackson with Prince and Paris in fancy dress at a children's party in 2003

[Linked Image]
Bottle blond: Eldest son Prince with dyed hair, right, sits in the back of the car with his sister Paris

[Linked Image]
Proud father: Jackson poses with daughter Paris

[Linked Image]
Party time: Jackson cuddles 'Blanket' while Prince and Paris, both in paper hats, look on

[Linked Image]
Doting: Prince enjoys popcorn with a friend and Jackson

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_

Public Memorial Confirmed

[Linked Image]

Sky News sources have confirmed a public memorial for late pop star Michael Jackson is going to take place at Staples Centre in Los Angeles on Tuesday.

Plans to allow fans to mourn the singer's death stalled after his family said his body would not go on show at Neverland, his luxury home in California.

It had previously been suggested Jackson's remains could be taken to the property following his fatal cardiac arrest last week at the age of 50.

Once a symbol of Jackson's success and excesses, Neverland - the 2,500-acre ranch in the hills of Santa Barbara County's wine country - has become the site of a makeshift memorial.

Meanwhile, the battle over Jackson's legacy was set to continue after it emerged Jackson left his fortune to his three children and his mother.

SKY NEWS

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Powerful Sedative Found In Jackson's Home

Diprivan, a powerful sedative, has been found in the home where Michael Jackson suffered a fatal cardiac arrest, a US law enforcement official has said.

[Linked Image]
The drug is an intravenous anesthetic widely used in hospitals to induce unconsciousness in patients before operations.

It is also administered to terminally ill patients who are in pain or who have just days to live.

Other prescription drugs have been found in Jackson's Holmby Hills home since the star died on June 25.

Officials have previously said they think the singer was addicted to the pain killers Demerol and OxyContin.

They also revealed the singer received an injection of Demerol shortly before he died.

Meanwhile at a news conference in Los Angeles, it has been announced that 17,500 tickets will be on offer to fans who want to attend Jackson's public memorial.

The event will take place next Tuesday next week at 10am local time at Los Angeles' Staples Centre.

Tim Leiweke, president, CEO of AEG Live, which owns the Staples Centre and was Jackson's promoter, said fans will have to enter a draw to be randomly selected.

People who want to be in with a chance of getting a ticket must register at Staplescenter.com, but the website says only US citizens may apply.

Mr Leiweke said for those fans who miss out on tickets, the memorial will be broadcast around the world via a video feed.

Los Angeles city officials said ticket-less fans would be barred from the area surrounding the venue.

They gave no details about where Jackson would be buried or what Tuesday's order of service would include.

In another development, it has emerged that Jackson's promoter AEG took out a $17.5m (£10.7m) insurance policy in the event of the singer's 50 London gigs falling through.

TMZ.com said AEG's chief executive Randy Phillips revealed that the policy covered an overdose but not death from natural causes.

SKY NEWS

Smartchild
Smartchild
Originally Posted by AlfaCraig
Michael actually did something with his life, and brought enjoyment to millions

Listened to his music all the way thru life. Leaves a bad feeling knowing there's going to be no more.
RIP MJ

_
_jase_
Unregistered
_jase_
Unregistered
_
Fans and family remember Jackson

Michael Jackson's family and fans have said farewell to the pop superstar at an emotional memorial service.
[Linked Image]
Jackson's daughter Paris, 11, fought back tears to describe him as as "the best father you can ever imagine".

The singer's coffin was placed in front of the stage during the event at the Staples Center in Los Angeles after an earlier private funeral.

Lionel Richie, Stevie Wonder and Mariah Carey paid tribute before the family joined a sombre finale on stage.

Stevie Wonder said: "This is a moment I wished I didn't live to see come. Michael I love you."

The crowd cheered as the golden flower-draped coffin entered the arena to the strains of a choir singing "Hallelujah, hallelujah, we're going to see the King" from the song Soon And Very Soon.

Mariah Carey opened the show, performing I'll Be There, ending with the words: "We miss you."

Jackson's brother Jermaine took to the stage to perform the song Smile. It was said to be the King of Pop's favourite song, featuring the lyric: "Smile though your hearts are aching."

Others paying tribute included Lionel Richie, Jennifer Hudson, Queen Latifah and Brooke Shields.

Some sang, while others spoke about their memories of the King of Pop and his influence on music and society. Many embraced family members as they left the stage.

The BBC's Matthew Price, who was in the arena, said: "It's had to clearly see the family but the glimpses I'm getting show a family both in mourning, and in celebration of his life.

"There are moments of the intensely personal in this very public event."

Civil rights leader Reverend Al Sharpton gave a fiery speech, telling Jackson's children: "There weren't nothing strange about your daddy."

"It was strange what your daddy had to deal with but he dealt with it."

Motown boss Berry Gordy, who signed the Jackson Five, ended his tribute with the words: "Michael, thank you for the joy, thank you for the love. you will live in my heart forever."

Actress Brooke Shields, who first met Jackson when she was 13, broke down in tears as she took to the stage.

Describing Jackson as "pure", she said: "He was often referred to as the King but the Michael that I knew was always the little prince. Michael saw everything with his heart."

The 17,500 people in the arena cheered as clips of Jackson's life and music were played on big screens.

Messages were read from absent guests including former South African President Nelson Mandela, poet Maya Angelou and singer Diana Ross.
[Linked Image]
The message from Ross was read by Smokey Robinson. "I'm trying to find closure," it said.

"I want you to know that even though I am not there at the Staples Center I am there in my heart.

"Michael was a personal love of mine, a treasured part of my world, part of the fabric of my life in a way that I can't seem to find words to express.

"Michael wanted me to be there for his children and I will be there if they ever need me. I hope today brings closure for all those who loved him."

Other people taking part include Usher and Britain's Got Talent finalist Shaheen Jafargholi, who has played the young Michael Jackson in the musical Thriller - Live.

The stage is adorned with the star's image, alongside a mural carrying the words: "In Loving Memory. Michael Jackson King of Pop - 1958-2009."

Millions of fans around the world are watching on TV.

Roads were closed off and concrete barriers erected outside the Staples Center, where Jackson had been rehearsing a comeback show before his sudden death aged 50 on 25 June.

More than 1.6 million fans applied to attend the memorial event, with 8,750 people chosen at random to receive a pair of tickets.

One person not attending is Jackson's former wife and the mother of two of his children, Debbie Rowe.

"The onslaught of media attention has made it clear her attendance would be an unnecessary distraction to an event that should focus exclusively on Michael's legacy," her lawyer Marta Almli said in a statement.

About 50 cinemas across the US are showing the memorial live. It is also being relayed to big screens across the UK, Australia and Hong Kong.

Family members earlier attended a short funeral service at the Forest Lawn cemetery.

THE BBC

I think that he loved his kids and was proud of them and wanted them to live a good life. Now hes passed away everyone is sad mad

Wiki Master
Wiki Master
Originally Posted by lamb44
I think that he loved his kids and was proud of them and wanted them to live a good life. Now hes passed away everyone is sad mad

confused Obviously

Your point is?

confused

[Linked Image][Linked Image]

Putin khuilo
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Mod 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Random Wirral Images

Click to View Topic.
Newest Topics
recommendation, please
Car paint jobs
Hi to everyone
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
For Sale & Free
Wisper electric bike. 36v .
by Dilly - 21st Mar 2024 8:36pm
This is Elvis
by GingerTom - 17th Mar 2024 3:37pm
Member Spotlight
KevinFinity
KevinFinity
Wirral
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
New Wirral Info
recommendation, please
Traffic Wardens
by Excoriator - 11th Apr 2024 4:11pm
Paddle Steamer Waverley
by diggingdeeper - 5th Apr 2024 7:57am
Wirral waters
by casper - 2nd Apr 2024 11:32am
Facial recognition coming in supermarkets?
by Excoriator - 27th Mar 2024 11:52am
News : New Topics
by Excoriator - 10th Apr 2024 10:45pm
Sunak and Reality
by diggingdeeper - 4th Jan 2023 12:56am
Lost river (Well, brook really)
by Excoriator - 10th Sep 2019 9:50am
New Enthusiast Forums
Car paint jobs
Netflix 3 Body Problem.
by BultacoAstro - 22nd Mar 2024 9:04am
Any Decent Restaurant Open On a Mon Evening.
by Uffda - 21st Oct 2012 7:16pm
What song are you listening to?
by - 24th Jun 2007 10:06am
Popular Topics(Views)
5,071,282 WIKI WALK CHAT
4,017,420 Spotted!